Gerrard - England captain

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Mar 31, 2004 3:26 am

Chrys where are you from, your english id stunted, a bit like cheesy's knob.

yes well done Stevie G
112-1077774096

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Wed Mar 31, 2004 4:40 am

Well done to Steven for earning his captaincy against Sweden but I'd still prefer Owen to be captain... :D
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed Mar 31, 2004 1:06 pm

stu_the_red wrote:boll##ks!!!

Lol..... didn't realise you was so offended johnny!!

Listen mate... be honest, the general opinion of the national team up here isn't that high is it? I am lookin forward to the championships and yes i will be supporting england i supose but thats only because my favourate Liverpool players will be playing for them. I love football in general aswell.

I remember once reading an article saying how the united players always came to englands rescue as they were the only ones capable and it also slagged off Owen and Gerrard saying they didn't perform at international level. This was after a game where i think Scholes, Cole and Beckham scored an england won 3-1. It was away... may have been greece. I ain't sure of the details but thats the jist... the basically praised uniteds players and slagged off ours.

it was the game before the Germany game. The same thing didn't apply though when our players performed... it wasn't Germany 1 Liverpool 5... it was a marvelous performance by ENGLAND!!!!

Well am sorry, but it was a marvelous performance by Owen, Gerrard, Barmby and Heskey and Beckham and Scholes done a little bit to contribute in all reality.

It offended me.

The fact that our players don't get the same credit. You've seen the way i turn on people who slag our manager and club, well thats how i feel about the england fans who slag our players. I hate it and thats why i can never truely follow the national team with pride and passion.

boll##ks!!!! :D  :D  :D

Nah, seriously.  I kept the Echo and Daily Mirror from after the England 5 - 1 Germany game, but i've moved in with the missus since so they're still in my Mum and Dad's loft with all the other sh##e I never brought with me when I moved out, but i'll check that out when I get a chance.

Everybody knows it was Liverpool who buried Germany that day.  The week later, Owen and Fowler scored the goals as we beat Albania 2 - 0 at St James Park.  It's the media and their biased opinion towards the sh##e that is to blame, Stu.

I've been weaning myself off the Daily Mirror for the last few months.  That is, I buy it for when i'm getting on the bus or train, but let's face it, it's cr#p. 

The only reason I buy it is that my Dad used to bring it home after work every night after work, it was an easy disposable read.  Plus I like Brian Reade's opinions.  But it's full of praise for Manchester United.  I can read Brian Reade at the website, so i've stopped buying it.  Plus, the news was cr#p, absolute tabloid worthiness, not real news.  Full of Manchester United and Beckham, especially his ugly wife.  She looks like the daughter of Tubbs and Edward from The League of Gentlemen. 

Image          Vicky Beckham's Mum and Dad and Vicky Beckham                 Image

Generally speaking, that was an excellent time in Liverpool football history all round that year.

By the way, does anyone recommend a decent non-Manchester-biased rag I can read?
jonnymac1979

Postby DAV » Thu Apr 01, 2004 1:06 pm

Dav you obviously aren't scouse mate.

Most scousers and Mancs (propper ones) share the same attitude towards the national team.

I'm not having a go like, i'm just stating the truth.

The national team is for southerners, always has been and always will be. The stadium's down south, the FA are a southern organisation and the papers slag all our players off even though the best ones are from the north. Thats just the way it is.

STU r u saying all scouses and mancs hate the national team. what cr#p. i dont mind u disliking them but dont judge everyone by your own low standards. Old Trafford is aways full when they hold an international.
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby whylongball? » Thu Apr 01, 2004 6:26 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:Image

Congratulations Stevie, you've come a long way!!!!

Stu, i'm a scouser and I love the National team, admittedly, these friendlies are not very entertaining, but i'm sure you don't care as you obviously wont be watching Euro 2004. 

I personally can't wait for Euro 2004, i'm saving money up to take time off work just to watch the WHOLE tournament without work getting in the way.  Stop generalising, and saying everything is boll##ks and insulting everyone and then not backing it up.  Just because you don't give a sh##e, stop saying everything everyone else says is boll##ks. 

It's different if someone says something that you are interested in is boll##ks isn't it?

You come out with some really interesting posts sometimes which make me think, but you are full of contradictions and can be offensive.  I've noticed it since you first joined the site. 

You were kicked off the official site weren't you?

I mean, i've seen you post a thread once which simply said "boll##ks".  That was it.  One word.

It's not on mate.  I'm sure i'm not the only one who thinks it.

totally agree.
well said
whylongball?

Postby owen26 » Sun Apr 04, 2004 3:55 pm

beckham and gerrard are england best it will take a long time before they find two players as good as them
owen26

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Apr 04, 2004 6:25 pm

Dav you obviously aren't scouse mate.

Most scousers and Mancs (propper ones) share the same attitude towards the national team.

I'm not having a go like, i'm just stating the truth.

The national team is for southerners, always has been and always will be. The stadium's down south, the FA are a southern organisation and the papers slag all our players off even though the best ones are from the north. Thats just the way it is.

STU r u saying all scouses and mancs hate the national team. what cr#p. i dont mind u disliking them but dont judge everyone by your own low standards. Old Trafford is aways full when they hold an international.

Are you stupid?

Right. I CLEARLY said MOST... look again... MOST... not ALL. You see that? MOST? not ALL? You agree?

???

strange boy
115-1073096938

Postby DAV » Mon Apr 05, 2004 5:16 pm

no i dont agree STU, who r u 2 say MOST do u personnaly no the majority of people in manchester and liverpool.
answer NO
again i say dont judge everyone by your own low standards
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Apr 05, 2004 7:48 pm

My standards certainly aren't low kid.

You wanna learn to read. The general opinion is that most don't care for national team. Its not myth, its well known in this part of the world.

Where are you from DAV??

Interested to know where you get your knowledge or lack of it.
115-1073096938

Postby Woollyback » Tue Apr 06, 2004 9:47 am

Gotta come down on Stu's side here, personally I'm not that arsed about England and I definitely get the impression it's a southerers thing.
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Apr 06, 2004 10:20 am

Woollyback wrote:Gotta come down on Stu's side here, personally I'm not that arsed about England and I definitely get the impression it's a southerers thing.

Sad to read that you guys feel that way, maybe you're not english? As for "supporting the national team is a southern thing" , how come when they started playing at stadiums around the country the attendances where all well attended if not sold out ?
Are either of you old enough to remember when England fielded SEVEN Liverpool players, If so I guess you were supporting England that day.Lose that chip you have on your shoulder.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Scottbot » Tue Apr 06, 2004 10:49 am

Don't really understand how any football-loving Englishman can not really care how the national team gets on. Have always loved the way everyone forgets their club alliances to get behind the one team during the world cup and the Euros. Sure I prefer to see the likes of Owen and Stevie get the plaudits so i can turn around and say it was the Liverpool lads that won it for us - But, if i'm honest, i couldn't care less who gets the goals as long as we win.

Stu - Am i right in saying you don't support the National team coz you don't like the way rags like the Mirror and the Sun have a Mancs/Southern bias? Is that not a little petty?

I'm a Liverpool fan but i'm not a scouser so don't really understand why a scouser would not really care how the national team gets on. I have Scouse relatives who are as passionate about England as the next man.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ckay » Tue Apr 06, 2004 11:00 am

I totally agree Scottbott. I enjoy the team spirit in the pub when england play ( apart from friendlys ). The whole place is buzzing. How anyone can not get behind there national team is beyond me!
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Tue Apr 06, 2004 11:30 am

I'll let you into a secret guys, I'm Welsh! Born in Wales to a Welsh mother & Scottish father, lived in England for the last 15 years (almost half my life) and brought up as British, not Welsh or anything else. I'll support all the home nations against foreign opposition but I'm afraid personally I just can't get overly excited about any of them. I've often wondered that if I had been born in England to English parents would I have felt any different? Probably yes.

Regarding the southerners thing I'm not suggesting that all southerners love England and all northerners don't. What I'm saying is that overall the support is stronger in he south. I may be right, I may be wrong but Woof Woof it's definitely not a chip on my shoulder, it's just my opinion.

The FA however is definitely a southern-centric organisation, only playing games around England since Wembley closed. The minute the new Wembley opens (if ever) we'll be waiting a long time to see England play anywhere else regardless o how successful the tours round the counrty have been.

Anyway guys, here's a question for you - I'd rather see Liverpool win the premiership and regain some of our past glory than see England lift the world cup. I'd be interested to hear everybody's views on that.
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ckay » Tue Apr 06, 2004 11:43 am

I ahve to agree about the British comments. I support all the home nations ( not to bothered about Scotland or N Ireland ).
I really wanted Wales to get passed Russia.

As for the club v country comment. I'll need to think about that one really really really hard. World Cup or league? I'll have to come back to you on that one.
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion