Gerrard blames benitez and parry - Get out judas

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Homebooby » Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:17 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:
matrix wrote:Group: LFC Members

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is the latest to come out and im sure there will be more during the day to follow, this story is going to run and run...

STEVEN GERRARD is quitting Liverpool in a blaze of fury — citing boss Rafa Benitez and chief executive Rick Parry as the culprits.

Gerrard has told Kop chairman David Moores, with who he still has a close relationship, he would have stayed if Benitez and Parry had shown they really wanted him.

But the Anfield skipper is convinced the pair would prefer to plot the club’s future without him.

Even their last-ditch offer of an extended contract worth £100,000-a-week has failed to persuade him differently.

Gerrard is furious at the club’ s Spanish boss telling Liverpool fans how much he valued Gerrard — even though he has NEVER listened when the midfielder offered his tactical opinions.

And he was livid when Benitez told him in a face-to-face meeting on Monday that agent Struan Marshall was advising him badly and working behind his back.

That was the pair’s second bust-up in just three days.

The first was on Saturday at the club’s Melwood training ground when Gerrard raged at the manager “Don’t take me for an idiot”.

The rows pushed Gerrard over the edge and he was forced into tabling a transfer request after Liverpool turned down a British record £32million bid from Chelsea.

Gerrard, 25, who lifted the Champions League trophy only six weeks ago, has told friends he is “distraught” at having to leave the club he loves.

He is also deeply upset at the way the Anfield hierarchy are making HIM out to be the villain of the piece.

--------------
Bring back Torbin Picnic !!!!!!! 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    nice post amigo

Not one quote in there yet fools still beleive it. Its bad enough when people beleive a journalists spin on quotes from someone, but to just belevie spin with no quotes is pathetic.

Quotes or not Leon, I haven't been commenting in all the posts until now, so I am not just having a go for the sake of it.

I think most of what I stated is true and I stand by it.
Homebooby

Postby Snowman » Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:04 am

I feel very sorry for Stevie he has been duped by his agents, the media, his wife and his own self importance if he had stayed he could have become a legend now he'll just be another player in a blue shirt. Look on the bright side though owen left cause he wanted trophies and we won the CL Gerrard leaves we win EPL sorted.
Snowman

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:09 am

Homebooby wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:

This is the latest to come out and im sure there will be more during the day to follow, this story is going to run and run...

STEVEN GERRARD is quitting Liverpool in a blaze of fury — citing boss Rafa Benitez and chief executive Rick Parry as the culprits.

Gerrard has told Kop chairman David Moores, with who he still has a close relationship, he would have stayed if Benitez and Parry had shown they really wanted him.

But the Anfield skipper is convinced the pair would prefer to plot the club’s future without him.

Even their last-ditch offer of an extended contract worth £100,000-a-week has failed to persuade him differently.

Gerrard is furious at the club’ s Spanish boss telling Liverpool fans how much he valued Gerrard — even though he has NEVER listened when the midfielder offered his tactical opinions.

And he was livid when Benitez told him in a face-to-face meeting on Monday that agent Struan Marshall was advising him badly and working behind his back.

The first was on Saturday at the club’s Melwood training ground when Gerrard raged at the manager “Don’t take me for an idiot”.

The rows pushed Gerrard over the edge and he was forced into tabling a transfer request after Liverpool turned down a British record £32million bid from Chelsea.

Gerrard, 25, who lifted the Champions League trophy only six weeks ago, has told friends he is “distraught” at having to leave the club he loves.

He is also deeply upset at the way the Anfield hierarchy are making HIM out to be the villain of the piece.

--------------
    nice post amigo

Not one quote in there yet fools still beleive it. Its bad enough when people beleive a journalists spin on quotes from someone, but to just belevie spin with no quotes is pathetic.

Quotes or not Leon, I haven't been commenting in all the posts until now, so I am not just having a go for the sake of it.

Come here and let me wipe that egg from your face......
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:32 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
Homebooby wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:

--------------
    nice post amigo

Your going to need a very large spatchler   :D
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:39 pm

I believe it's spelt spatula :D
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:13 pm

LFC #1 wrote:I believe it's spelt spatula :D

I agree
jonnymac1979

Postby Homebooby » Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:20 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
Homebooby wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:

--------------
    nice post amigo

Hey Leon,

I think I conceded in my last post that I had commented on an unquoted rumour following your prompting....so I won't defend that.

If you read my post, all I stated were the facts of the situation, save for the rumour of Rafa not taking his tactics seriously and I complimented Rafa on taking a strong stance in the whole issue. I also congratulated Liverpool on the way that they have conducted themselves, which I still stand by. I think that they have been outstanding in all of this.

I don't post too often and when I do I try to have a valid point and be fair....I hope that comes across. I certainly wasn't slagging him, I was just convinced following last years Owen/Gerrard debacle that he was gone for sure.
Homebooby

Postby Honolulu Bob » Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:21 pm

Nah it's spatchler  :D
When you are a man, sometimes you wear stretchy pants in your room. It's for fun
Honolulu Bob
LFC Super Member

Postby kaz the kopite » Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:05 pm

the   :censored: is staying!!!!!!!!!!!!! :buttrock  :buttrock
I am the one and only!
kaz the kopite

Postby laza » Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:49 am

LOL That really depends on how pretenious you are

QED    :D
Last edited by laza on Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion