Gerrard - Awesome!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Mon Feb 16, 2004 1:49 pm

throughout our recent difficult period there has been one glaring shining light for me. that is watching the development of a guy who is probably the best midfielder in europe at the current moment. considering he must have other things on his mind with his girlfriend due to give birth anyday now, stevie g is turning in world class performances every week. if only 4-5 of our other players wore the shirt and showed the same pride and commitment as him we'd be a lot better off and would be wiping the floor with the mighty teams like everton, portsmouth and wolves.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby kopper » Mon Feb 16, 2004 6:21 pm

Gerrard still believes in Houllier, his team mates and Liverpool FC. The other players have simply given up. Even Owen looks frustrated. Gerrards determination is undoubtady apllaudible but you can't blame other players for losing hope, in mainly Houllier, and not playing to their full potential. Gerrard is a rare gift and few players in the world could match his shear determination.
Interviewer:       'Would it be fair to describe you as a volatile player?'
David Beckham: 'Well, I can play in the centre on the right and occasionally on the left side.' (Man U)
kopper
LFC Super Member

Postby ROBtheRED » Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:42 pm

Gerrards performances since Hamann has come back into the side have been nothing short of outstanding. I really do wish the likes of Kewell, who has ability in abundance, shared Gerrards drive and enthusiam!
"The fans here are the greatest in the land. They know the game and they know what they want to see. The people on the kop make you feel great. . .yet humble."   Mr B.Shankly
ROBtheRED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Mon Feb 16, 2004 10:01 pm

It would be a crime if he did not receive the Player of the Year award.  Thierry Henry apart, he's easily been the best player in the country over the last year.
jonnymac1979

Postby oldredeyes » Mon Feb 16, 2004 10:14 pm

Stevie is certainly playing out of his skin at the moment and deserves all the credit he gets. It's a pity the rest of the team can't match his ability, skill, and shear determination. The lad covered twice as much ground as any one else on the pitch on Sunday and is head and shoulders above the rest of the team.
I hope you can keep it up Stevie, because without you at present we look a sorry bunch.
oldredeyes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thor Viking » Mon Feb 16, 2004 10:26 pm

SG was really outstanding on sunday, and he probably IS one of the top 5 midfielders in Europe at the moment!
However it is much easier to stand out when you play at a team that plays way below par in my opinion.
When MO scored the norwegian commentator of the match stated that it looked much like the LFC we like to remember : high speed and short passes towards the opponents goal!
Thor Viking
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Wed Feb 18, 2004 1:46 pm

Gerrard is carrying this team at the moment, if it weren't for him god knows were we would be, but how much longer can he keep this standard of play up he looks super human sometimes.

I just worry that one day he might get fed up of all the other players just wandering about the pitch and decide to leave.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion