Gerrard arrested

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Dundalk » Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:58 pm

IT has emerged that Accrington Stanley youngster Robert Grant was arrested after he became caught up in a nightclub disturbance in Southport, which saw Liverpool skipper Steven Gerrard charged with assault.

18-year-old Grant and goalkeeper Ian Dunbavin, 28, were both at the Lounge Inn night club in Southport with Gerrard's party when the incident occured said Accrington manager John Coleman.

Grant was arrested along with Gerrard and four other men but has been released on bail pending further inquiries, whereas Dunbavin a close friend of Gerrard's was not arrested.

Gerrard, the Liverpool captain, was out with friends, celebrating Liverpool`s 5-1 defeat of Newcastle. But Stanley boss John Coleman said neither of his players would face any disciplinary action after the incident.

Coleman told the Lancashire Telegraph: "I have spoken to them both about the incident and as far as I am concerned they did nothing wrong.

"I understand it is very unlikely that Bobby will be charged.

"They were out having a quiet drink six days before their next match. They have broken no club rules.

"Bobby and Ian will be offered the same sort of support by Accrington Stanley that Liverpool are offering Gerrard."

An incident at around 2.30am on Monday and saw Gerrard charged with assault and affray.

http://www.accrington.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=137446
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:34 pm

Accrington Stanley who are they :laugh:
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:13 pm

Look what :censored: face Capello has been saying. You would think he would be a bit more sensitive towards Stevie.

Capello: Don't be like Gerrard!

Fabio Capello aimed a sideswipe at Steven Gerrard’s lack of discipline when giving advice to Fiorentina’s Riccardo Montolivo.

The Liverpool midfielder was recently charged with assault occasioning actual bodily harm and affray after an alleged nightclub brawl.

Gerrard has often been held up as a positive example for young Italian players to follow, while Montolivo has singled him out as an idol.

“Let’s hope he doesn’t want to imitate Gerrard in every way, especially with regards to recent behaviour,” said England manager Capello on firenzeviola.it.

It is still unclear whether Capello will exclude Gerrard from internationals until the legal situation is sorted out, but Liverpool have rushed to defend their star player.

Capello was speaking to Montolivo when he visited Fiorentina’s winter training camp in Marbella yesterday afternoon.

“I was happy to be here and I always have fun chatting with [Cesare] Prandelli about football. Fiorentina are a great squad.

“I won’t talk about tactics because it doesn’t seem appropriate for me to do so, but I can only say that what I saw here was really very interesting.”

Capello also had a special word for Adrian Mutu, who had worked with the Coach when they were both at Juventus.

“He is doing extremely well and represents a crucial figure for this team.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------

What i wouldn't give for Gerrard to turn around say he doesn't want to play for England any more.
:p
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:17 pm

boycott england gerrard... :)
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT_2.0 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:11 pm

Would love that
Image Image
GOAT_2.0

Postby lewerty » Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:18 pm

i hope he does drop him from england, less chance of getting injured then and concentrate on the winning the PL
lewerty

Postby Madmax » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:07 pm

kennydee wrote:Show your support to Steve Gerrard with the Stevie G is Innocent T-Shirt.
Liverpool v Everton, Monday, 19 January 2009

http://www.zazzle.co.uk/sg2_stevie_g_innocent_shirt-235946170119746546

and if his not innocent isnt that going to make us look like goofs.. :D  i have got my own t-shirt.. "stevie G kicked the feck out of mannure scum"
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT_2.0 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:09 pm

Aw no i was going to wear my 'fat people are hard to kidnap' t shirt instead
Image Image
GOAT_2.0

Postby Madmax » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:11 pm

GOAT_2.0 wrote:Aw no i was going to wear my 'fat people are hard to kidnap' t shirt instead

:D
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:09 am

GOAT_2.0 wrote:Aw no i was going to wear my 'fat people are hard to kidnap' t shirt instead

Not if you cut them into little pieces first and put in black bags.  :D
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:22 am

kennydee wrote:Show your support to Steve Gerrard with the Stevie G is Innocent T-Shirt.

He looks about 50 in the picture  :glare:

Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:23 am

LegBarnes wrote:

Not if you cut them into little pieces first and put in black bags.  :D

Okay.....Dexter!
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:28 am

Loads of WUMs takin the p!ss in this topic.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ste123lfc » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:28 am

Madmax wrote:

and if his not innocent isnt that going to make us look like goofs.. :D  i have got my own t-shirt.. "stevie G kicked the feck out of mannure scum"

Apparently he is a citeh fan and not a manure fan. 
I heard off a copper mate of mine that he didn't want to press charges against Gerrard and it was the CPS that have brought the charges against him based on cctv footage. They have also taken into account that he was signing autographs and having his photo taken all night, so that may work in his favour.
From Shankly to Brendan we follow our team, Rome to Istanbul we've all lived the dream. Our journey is long, our goal stays the same, to keep for our children the famous red name.
ste123lfc
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:09 pm

ste123lfc wrote:
Madmax wrote:

Apparently he is a citeh fan and not a manure fan. 
I heard off a copper mate of mine that he didn't want to press charges against Gerrard and it was the CPS that have brought the charges against him based on cctv footage. They have also taken into account that he was signing autographs and having his photo taken all night, so that may work in his favour.

He was bailed to appear in court later this month by the police not the CPS. The CPS do not get involved that early. Once he was bailed by the police the file is then sent to CPS to see if there is a case to answer.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion