Gerrard arrested

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby GOAT_2.0 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:10 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:is anyone else here annoyed by textspeak and post after post by the same person quoting almost every single comment on the page or am i just being anal?

Your just trying to be the big boss man you anal idiot.

no im not trying to be the big boss man you moron.
i dont like him. im not a fan of the WWE.

:laugh:
Image Image
GOAT_2.0

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:15 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:is anyone else here annoyed by textspeak and post after post by the same person quoting almost every single comment on the page or am i just being anal?

Talking of anal ..... where's Judge today  :D
account deleted by request

Postby Number 9 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:17 pm

s@int wrote:

Talking of anal ..... where's Judge today  :D

Probably bogged up some poor fella givin it loads! :D
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thewaykokid » Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:28 pm

Just giving some legal info on what Gerrard is actually charged with. Its a section 20 Assault. Section 20 of the OAPA 1861 is concerned with unlawfully and maliciously wounding or inflicting any grievous bodily harm upon another person. The actual legal wording is "Whosoever shall unlawfully and maliciously wound or inflict any grievous bodily harm upon any other person, either with or without any weapon or instrument, shall be guilty of a misdemeanor, and, being convicted thereof shall be liable ... to be kept in penal servitude .... ".Unlawfully simply means without lawful excuse.

There are three possible lawful excuses, namely:-

a) Self defence

b) Accident

c) Consent

If any of these three ingredients are present then the defendant has a good defence in law.

These are his only 3 ways out other than solving the issue out of court. Can anyone see where Gerrard could scratch a way out? I mean, the DJ did push him first "apparently" but an act of self defence is defined as a "non-retaliating" defence, so, if Gerrard can prove he was not retaliating in any form, then, he's in some luck. I really don think Gerrard can prove that he "accidently" hit someone in the face, or that he could have consent to hit him in the face. Fingers crossed that this gets resolved out of courts.  :oh:
If you can't amaze people with your intelligence, try confusing them with your :censored: :)
Thewaykokid

Postby Judge » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:53 am

Number 9 wrote:
s@int wrote:

Talking of anal ..... wouldnt mind a bit myself 

give me call then :D

figures
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:57 am

There are things that I don't understand. This is an innocent question eh? but a bar fight is something inusual in England? and does every guy taking part in a fight spend one or two nights in the police station?

I'm simply outraged our captain was removed of his freedom for a fight.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thewaykokid » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:02 pm

Sabre wrote:There are things that I don't understand. This is an innocent question eh? but a bar fight is something inusual in England? and does every guy taking part in a fight spend one or two nights in the police station?

I understand where you're coming from, but this is a much more serious case. You see in your average bar fight both people involved would come out with some sort of mark, so, therefore, niether could really sue the other without the other making a counter claim.
In this case however, Gerrard and his friends didn't really recieve any damage, so there is no possible way for a counterclaim to be made. Its not as simple as "He pushed me first!", pushing doesn't really come under assault unless it does some serious damage
If you can't amaze people with your intelligence, try confusing them with your :censored: :)
Thewaykokid

Postby johnymarcu » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:37 pm

RedRoots wrote:
johnymarcu wrote:??? arrested?

Yes did the thread title not kinda give it away?

Sorry, I was suprised and i didn't understood the real meaning of the title, I tohught that it was some kind of joke or something like that, but then i read everything and i discovered that it wasn`t.

Sorry for my stupid comment
ImageImage
johnymarcu

Postby maguskwt » Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:54 pm

Sabre wrote:There are things that I don't understand. This is an innocent question eh? but a bar fight is something inusual in England? and does every guy taking part in a fight spend one or two nights in the police station?

those are my sentiments exactly sabre... they're making a big deal out of it just because he's steven gerrard... i'm sure he won't get a jail term... it'll probably be some fine and community service...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:58 pm

Thewaykokid wrote:Just giving some legal info on what Gerrard is actually charged with. Its a section 20 Assault. Section 20 of the OAPA 1861 is concerned with unlawfully and maliciously wounding or inflicting any grievous bodily harm upon another person. The actual legal wording is "Whosoever shall unlawfully and maliciously wound or inflict any grievous bodily harm upon any other person, either with or without any weapon or instrument, shall be guilty of a misdemeanor, and, being convicted thereof shall be liable ... to be kept in penal servitude .... ".Unlawfully simply means without lawful excuse.

There are three possible lawful excuses, namely:-

a) Self defence

b) Accident

c) Consent

If any of these three ingredients are present then the defendant has a good defence in law.

These are his only 3 ways out other than solving the issue out of court. Can anyone see where Gerrard could scratch a way out? I mean, the DJ did push him first "apparently" but an act of self defence is defined as a "non-retaliating" defence, so, if Gerrard can prove he was not retaliating in any form, then, he's in some luck. I really don think Gerrard can prove that he "accidently" hit someone in the face, or that he could have consent to hit him in the face. Fingers crossed that this gets resolved out of courts.  :oh:

Rafa's statement - in particular the bit about talking with the LFC 'Lawyers' at length, tells me Gerrrad will be ok - he has the club and managers backing '100%' - the full force of the LFC defence team will be with him - he'll be fine !
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dward » Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:17 pm

Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard will play despite being arrested this week following an incident at a nightclub.

Star striker Fernando Torres is also included in the squad following a month on the sidelines with hamstring damage.

Sunderland have given permission for on-loan winger Ross Wallace to line-up for Preston at Deepdale.

Eddie Nolan has made his loan move from Blackburn permanent, but keeper Wayne Henderson and Liam Chilvers and Neal Trotman are all recovering from injury.

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez on the decision to include Gerrard:
"In terms of football, everything has been normal for Steven. He has received the support of everyone - the players, myself, the club - and he has trained well and is focused on football.

"I do not believe he will be distracted. He wants to play football and concentrate just on that. He will be thinking about playing well, scoring goals and making sure the club progresses to the next round.

"He will play, and I have confidence he will be ready."

Link
dward
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:25 pm

Too right get him dictating proceedings and good to see the name of Torres will be on the squad list again   :)
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnymarcu » Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:54 pm

The kid comes back!
ImageImage
johnymarcu

Postby Salty Sock » Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:00 pm

He will be fine! Otherwse I will making another victim! :)
Salty Honors Acceptee List: Graham01, grayghost, dawson99, Bamaga Man, GYBS, LegBarnes, frankp57, Toffeehater, crazyhorse , Number 9, dward, Judge, Sabre :) PM for info!

Salty Sock

Postby Red Dotty » Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:45 pm

Until proven he did anything wrong without being provoked, he is LFC captain and the heart beat of the team.

Steve Gerrard Gerrard

:bowdown
image001.gif
Red Dotty

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion