Gerrard arrested

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:16 pm

Gerrard will be in trouble with the police again...

SSN's coverage of him driving to the ground shows him clearly with the phone to his ear as he pulls into the training ground ???

You'd think on his wages he'd be able to afford a car kit :p
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby destro » Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:13 pm

Cantona did a similar thing and paid £350 plus £3.50 Interest ???

Click !
destro

Postby matrix » Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:55 am

and as was thinking sg  is the quiet boring type away from football  :D   :;):

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:02 am

has Gerrard lost his mind, tv and radio have all picked up on the fact that he was driving using a mobile.

Sorry but someone needs to sit down with him and give him a chat, he know tv crew were going to be outside, now the police are going to talk to him about it (Radio 5 live).
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:13 am

I think it's highly unlikely he will end up in jail, not many footballers do through the law of expensive lawyer. The law doesn't look to put people behind bars unneccessarily, being in a nightclub it has to be a not uncommon event.

I suspect the DJ was a bitter and decided to abuse his position to abuse SG - either with sly digs, less sly digs or something bang out of order. What would it have taken for the DJ to be assaulted - "oi you muppet Gerrard" ? You're hardly likely to accidentally bump into the DJ

I suspect compensation will be sought, may well be sorted out of court.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:07 pm

lakes10 wrote:has Gerrard lost his mind, tv and radio have all picked up on the fact that he was driving using a mobile.

Sorry but someone needs to sit down with him and give him a chat, he know tv crew were going to be outside, now the police are going to talk to him about it (Radio 5 live).

That is truly stupid but so many people still drive and talk on their mobiles, it's an automatic 3 points on the license isn't it?
heimdall

Postby fivecups » Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:58 pm

Article in the times. Positive if a bit lazy.

Commentary: Tony Cascarino

For Steven Gerrard now it’s about staying positive and focused and I don’t think that will be a problem. Getting back on the pitch will be a relief, a welcome escape from the headlines and the stress of his arrest. He’s not the kind of man who’ll be feeling sorry for himself. He won’t be knocked off course in a year when Liverpool at last have a realistic chance of winning the Barclays Premier League title.

The incident shouldn’t deflect from what a fine season Gerrard is having. The media are underrating him. He is not just a very good player; he is a great one. Frank Lampard, Gareth Barry and Michael Carrick are the other great English midfield players, but Gerrard is superior to them all. This season’s Premier League player of the year award is a one-horse race. Nobody comes close to Gerrard.

He is a street footballer, like Wayne Rooney: tough, aggressive and hard to intimidate. As he has matured his leadership has improved. He’s now more vocal and more comfortable with responsibility.

Gerrard is unplayable at times. Opposition managers cannot stick an athletic player on him to track his runs and mark him out of the game because he’s an athlete himself, with great stamina and a good turn of foot over distance.

His long-range shooting is highly accurate and powerful and he is self-assured when entering the penalty area. We don’t see him dribble round opponents because he has no need to use trickery to compensate for any lack of pace. He knocks the ball past defenders and bursts through, direct and dynamic. He’s a quick thinker, too.

Look at some of the best midfield players of the past two decades and Gerrard’s game is a blend of their best qualities: the drive of Roy Keane, the box-to-box strength of Bryan Robson, the creativity of Paul Gascoigne, the goalscoring of Frank Lampard.

Today, Gerrard is the best midfield player in the world. Last season Cristiano Ronaldo deserved that accolade but his form has declined. Kaká and Lionel Messi are phenomenal but they are not as versatile. You couldn’t ask them to play four different positions and still be world-beaters. Put Gerrard even at right back and he would be the best full back in the country.

That adaptability has probably harmed him because managers can’t ignore it. Maybe it would do him a favour to have a stinker the next time he plays out wide so that Rafael Benítez will resolve to use him only in the middle. He won’t get 15-odd goals as a right winger, so I’d like to see him used solely in central midfield or just behind the centre forward, as against Newcastle United at the weekend, when he was devastating.

Will Benítez ever get the best out of him? The Liverpool manager has messed him about, shunting him from position to position. Other managers would build the team around their star. Michel Platini, Zinédine Zidane, Johan Cruyff, Maradona — their sides’ tactics were centred on them.

We certainly haven’t seen Gerrard at his best for England and that is what Fabio Capello must achieve as he considers how to turn the national team into a unit capable of progressing beyond the quarter-finals of a major tournament. It is essential that the Italian keeps faith with Gerrard because he is a match-winner, the player who can make the key difference in the biggest games.

For me, his ambition and energy won Liverpool the Champions League in 2005, as well as his ability to score wonder goals, such as the crucial strike against Olympiacos. There is no reason why he cannot inspire England to the World Cup final. At 28 he is at the perfect age to be instrumental for club and country for the next four years. It would be sad if he hung up his boots with a lesser CV than inferior players who played for more successful clubs, such as Darren Fletcher or John O’Shea.

Gerrard is too good to end his career without a bundle of honours.
Last edited by fivecups on Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:59 pm

I had a look on the scum (mancs) website and they are absolutley reveling in this, A whiole topic to him,to be honest i had to get out of it because i was starting to get worked up with some of the s  h  i   t they were saying about him i was dying to post something on there.

:angry: :angry:
roberto green

Postby Dundalk » Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:18 pm

You cant blame them, if this was all about Ronaldo we would be having a field day on here
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:26 pm

roberto green wrote:I had a look on the scum (mancs) website and they are absolutley reveling in this, A whiole topic to him,to be honest i had to get out of it because i was starting to get worked up with some of the s  h  i   t they were saying about him i was dying to post something on there.

Dont even lower yourself!
Let them have their laugh....hopefully it will be us laughing louder come May!! :buttrock
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ConnO'var » Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:36 pm

Just found out about it today reading this thread. Obviously don't know the whole story but am disappointed that Stevie got himself in such a situation. Hopefully its all a storm in a teacup and its nothing more that the DJ being out to make a quick buck.

Bad timing and hopefully doesn't affect our momentum.
ConnO'var

Postby Madmax » Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:42 pm

Number 9 wrote:
roberto green wrote:I had a look on the scum (mancs) website and they are absolutley reveling in this, A whiole topic to him,to be honest i had to get out of it because i was starting to get worked up with some of the s  h  i   t they were saying about him i was dying to post something on there.

Dont even lower yourself!
Let them have their laugh....hopefully it will be us laughing louder come May!! :buttrock

Exactly..
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:39 pm

He dosent look that bad to me!
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:46 pm

Dundalk wrote:Image

He dosent look that bad to me!

If it was serious he would have had a stiched up face.. Its all gonads
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fo Dne » Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:09 pm

I've heard the DJ brought the paternity of one of Gerrard's children into question on the microphone of the club infront of everyone after Gerrard had asked for the music to be changed.

Steven Apparently responded by throwing a bottle at the DJ and his mates have give him a few digs.

If this is correct, then the DJ is a mindless scrote and needs his head kicking in. If they find Gerrard guilty for reacting to comments like this then the do gooders in this country have won and it just proves what a horrible country this is.

This is what I've heard though so I can't be 100%.
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion