Gerrard arrested

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Madmax » Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:23 pm

dawson99 wrote:the important picture here is the last one, which you didn't show of Stevie leaving the police station. Check out his right hand that is covering his face. No marks there from punching are there?
He'll be fine.

what about his left hand and his legs..  :D  all are weapons of mass destructions.
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:26 pm

Stvie would never kick a man, and he's a right hander... trust me, he will be fine!
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:30 pm

dawson99 wrote:Stvie would never kick a man, and he's a right hander... trust me, he will be fine!

I was just kidding anyway. Agreed 4 defos should be fine.
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:43 pm

vlady16.1 wrote:i hate to put a damper on the fun but please be careful about posting this tirds picture and bounty talk. if and when he gets his due, the police will look to the boards and in their infinite ability will think the perp is here.

Holy sweet fu'ck! :laugh:
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lewerty » Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:53 pm

they could not prove who has written what and by who and good lawer would see that
lewerty

Postby GOAT_2.0 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:02 pm

columbia wrote:pictures from today

Where the f.uck are these horrific injuries
Image Image
GOAT_2.0

Postby Greavesie » Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:31 pm

looks like Gerrard has some support :)

From BBC sport (the quotes from Rafa are also up on .tv):

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez says Steven Gerrard has his "full support and backing" following his captain's arrest after an alleged brawl.

Gerrard was charged with assault and affray after an incident at a bar in Southport in the early hours of Monday.

Benitez said: "I sat down with him and had a very good talk about the situation. We'll do whatever we can to support Steven in the weeks ahead."

Benitez also confirmed that Gerrard, 28, took part in training on Wednesday.

Gerrard was arrested with five other men - two of whom face the same charges as the footballer - near the Lounge Inn bar and nightclub in the seaside resort.

Benitez added: "Steven explained to me what had happened and I told him he has my full support and backing, along with everyone else at the football club.

"He's trained with the other lads after a couple of days off for the squad and is keen now to focus solely on his football. He is our captain and a key player for us.

"We've worked very hard to get into the position we're in going through to the new year and all of us are determined to keep that progress going. We're now concentrating on our preparation for the FA Cup game at Preston this weekend."

Professional Footballers' Association chief executive Gordon Taylor said: "We have a watching brief on this and have offered any help we can. I was concerned when I heard about the case as I have known Steven Gerrard a long time.

"I don't know the full details but as the players' union we would want to be supportive of him."

The England midfielder arrived at Liverpool's training ground in the suburb of West Derby at 1005 GMT and was greeted by a few fans, despite the freezing temperatures.

He has so far remained silent about the controversy and on Tuesday his wife Alex Curran, 26, said they would not be commenting.

Gerrard's visit to the bar on Sunday followed Liverpool's 5-1 demolition of Newcastle at St James' Park, a game in which the England international scored twice, as the Reds moved three points clear of Chelsea at the top of the Premier League.

A 34-year-old man was taken to hospital with facial injuries after the alleged incident. Gerrard is due to appear at North Sefton Magistrates' Court with the other two men on 23 January.

The Football Association said it would not be making any comment on the Gerrard case other than to stress that his position with England was not in question.

It added that players would continue to be considered for England while police investigations were on-going, with their situation looked at on a case-by-case basis were they to be convicted of a serious criminal offence.

Meanwhile, Liverpool legend Kenny Dalglish believes Gerrard will cope with the scrutiny, saying: "Liverpool will support him and the Liverpool fans will support him tremendously well. He's a really strong character and I'm sure it won't affect his performance.

A Liverpool statement, released on Tuesday, read: "Steven has been an outstanding servant to Liverpool for the last 10 years and the club will give him all the support he needs at this time."

Gerrard has been capped by England 70 times and has captained his country four times. He was made an MBE last year and received an honorary fellowship from Liverpool John Moores University.
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Well Red » Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:40 pm

if Rafa's heard the story and supports him then that's all the evidence I need  :talktothehand

In rafa we trust.
THERE WILL BE LIFE AFTER TORRES:

Well Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT_2.0 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:43 pm

Will probably break his legs with a hammer behind closed doors though
Image Image
GOAT_2.0

Postby lakes10 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:45 pm

Have you had radio 5 live on, they said that the close up pic of the guy that got hit was taken after the fight, also that the blood on the floor was not from where he got hit but when he fell trying to have a go and one of SG friends, thats when it is said he knocked his tooth out.

looks a bit better for SG now, i can see the chrges being booted out very soon, looks like the guy is trying to pull a scam.......but we not must forget that SG was charged after the police see him hit the guy on CCTV.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:58 pm

Theres no doubt he will have the backing of the club whatever the outcome..IF it does arise that he has been a silly boy on one ocassion(which I doubt) he takes his punishment and moves on,its forgot about.

As for the England place,so far so good their.But if a time does arise when they feel they need to punish him..there should only be one outcome.Gerrard should tell the FA to stick their England place up their holes!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:02 pm

Number 9 wrote:Theres no doubt he will have the backing of the club whatever the outcome..IF it does arise that he has been a silly boy on one ocassion(which I doubt) he takes his punishment and moves on,its forgot about.

As for the England place,so far so good their.But if a time does arise when they feel they need to punish him..there should only be one outcome.Gerrard should tell the FA to stick their England place up their holes!

I think the more that is coming out the more chance the Guys making a lot of it up.

As i said before, the CCTV seems to be the key to the charge, what it will go down to is if the guy was hurt before SG took a swing at him, in that case they can not show that it was was SG that hurt the guy.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:15 pm

account deleted by request

Postby Zidane » Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:19 pm

Zidane

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:14 pm

Gerrard's mate quoted in local rag (Daily Record) up here in Scotland as saying he's spoken to Stevie and Stevie can't wait to get to court on the 23rd Jan to clear his name. That fills me with a little more confidence..
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion