Gerrard and torres up for pfa awards

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Rockthekop » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:31 am

They should call it the half time award! Over the whole season it was Torres or Ronaldo who would have won the YPY.  On reflection Fabregas was playing fantastic stuff in the 1st half of the season so I reckon he deserved it for that period.
Rockthekop

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:16 pm

why are people getting so heated about Fabregas winning the young player award? he's scored 12 goals this year from midfield. he's still been standing out even when Arsenal have been on the decline of late. for me he's a worthy winner.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby stmichael » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:08 pm

NANNY RED wrote:Fabregas deserved the young player of the year imo.

This was voted for around christmas time so from the periods that they were lookin for yes he deserved it

that's the key for me. fabregas was sensational up until christmas. infact at that stage he was probably ahead of ronaldo for the main award aswell.

his form rapidly diminished however towards the second half of the season. flamini was probably a more important influence for them in the second half of the season.
Last edited by stmichael on Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:19 pm

Not arsed TBH , the transvestite was always gonna win the Pfa player of the year and fabregas was sensational up till christmas . He deserves the award , like gbjh i rather torres did not win it .

Also at least a arsenal player has one trophy to his name :D
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:47 pm

who cares who the players vote for anyway, as for ronaldo and this has nothing to do with him playing for united, i fooking hate him, like Dawson has already said his attitude stinks, he`s also a fooking cheat, his antics when he prepares to take a freekick or penalty, how many times this season have you seen him tackled and not got a free-kick or penalty, even referees fooken hate the cheating :censored:, best player in the world, yeah right.
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion