Gerrard  alonso - Whats your pick?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Judge » Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:23 pm

if gerrard is not as good as lampard (as chelseaforever states), then why did mourinho want him, and why did he say gerrard would have less trophies. that wasnt a slate on gerrard but on lfc team. mourinho rates gerrard very highly, so to answer the question - gerrard is far better than lampard
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:24 pm

I've said before on here that Lampard is the best goalscoring midfielder in the World. He's very similar to Paul Scholes was at his best in the sense that he arrives in the box with perfect timing (although he is more potent than Scholes because his greater mobility means he does it more often, perhaps 15 times in a game). As goals from midfield are priceless, then he who scores them is by definition worth his wieght in fivers and fat Frank is no exception.
All that said, Lampard has largely forgone other parts of his game to become what he is and I think that in pure raw talent, Gerrard is the superior player. Clearly as an athlete, the somewhat freakish Gerrard is incomparable and I think that now his off-field saga is sorted, Gerrard will prove himself the best allround midfield player in the Premiership bar none this term.
Fat Frank will still be the best goalscoring midfielder, that won't change. Neither will the fact that over the last couple of seasons the London man has been the more influencial player. What will happen though is that Gerrard will at last get his act together. That will give you a kind of Keanne/Vierra/Lampad rolled into one. I think in his heart of hearts, even the tubby West Londoner knows that Stevie G is the blessed one.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:31 pm

bigmick wrote:I've said before on here that Lampard is the best goalscoring midfielder in the World. He's very similar to Paul Scholes was at his best in the sense that he arrives in the box with perfect timing (although he is more potent than Scholes because his greater mobility means he does it more often, perhaps 15 times in a game). As goals from midfield are priceless, then he who scores them is by definition worth his wieght in fivers and fat Frank is no exception.
All that said, Lampard has largely forgone other parts of his game to become what he is and I think that in pure raw talent, Gerrard is the superior player. Clearly as an athlete, the somewhat freakish Gerrard is incomparable and I think that now his off-field saga is sorted, Gerrard will prove himself the best allround midfield player in the Premiership bar none this term.
Fat Frank will still be the best goalscoring midfielder, that won't change. Neither will the fact that over the last couple of seasons the London man has been the more influencial player. What will happen though is that Gerrard will at last get his act together. That will give you a kind of Keanne/Vierra/Lampad rolled into one. I think in his heart of hearts, even the tubby West Londoner knows that Stevie G is the blessed one.

well thought out mick, great post.

i wouldve said that, but you beat me to it  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 109-1093441336 » Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:35 pm

Gudjohnson is the player who really makes Chelsea work. 

Lampard is a fat zealous w.ankney who breaks the ankle of anyone who is a threat to him. And the fat c.unt had the audacity to complain to the ref that xabi was overreacting.

If he wasn't English nobody would give a f.cuk what he does TBF.
109-1093441336

Postby Judge » Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:39 pm

frank Snr was a more complete footballer than his son
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 109-1093441336 » Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:40 pm

The Return of the Judge wrote:frank Snr was a more complete footballer than his son

And he was defender.
109-1093441336

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:45 pm

It'll be interesting to see who wins the outcome here: There's only 4 midfield places to fill, money on Gerrard!!??

Premiership stars head award list

The 55-man shortlist for the inaugural FIFPro World XI Player Awards at Wembley on 19 September is headed by 19 Premiership players.

Ballot forms were sent to 38,000 players asking them to pick a world XI for the event, which has been organised by the international players' union.

Eight Chelsea players, including Frank Lampard, John Terry and Joe Cole, are among those stars nominated.

Manchester United have six players listed, Arsenal four and Liverpool one.

The defensive shortlist also includes England and Arsenal pair Sol Campbell and Ashley Cole, plus Manchester United's Rio Ferdinand.

English midfielders nominated are Paul Scholes, Steven Gerrard and Real Madrid's David Beckham, although there is no place for his club colleague Michael Owen on the strikers' list.

The only English player shortlisted in that category is Wayne Rooney.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:51 pm

Im back!

Lampard is a cool customer, but reviewing all the goals Gerrard scored this year, (and there were some CRACKERS!!!) I think Gerrard is better than Lampard by far.

As for the Alonso v. Gerrard debate, Alonso is much better as far as poise, passing and movement. As far as tackles and goalscoring goes, Gerrard without a doubt. BUT, because of injury this season, we havent seen the best of Alonso. Hopefully we can see the best of both of them this season.

Alonso for me.
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:05 pm

how about alonso and gerrard - great partnership there me thinks. its what they do together that will count towards the team effort, especially as we want to be challanging for the prem title this year. the champions league is easy street for us, but not chelsea :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Espionage » Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:19 pm

sorry for going on again about Gerrad vs Lampard but....
Sure Lampard gets forward and gets alot of goals, but what does he have to worry about in defence, Makelele holding midfield and then the best defence in the premier league.

But hopefully with Sissoko holding in midfield and a better alround defence Gerrad can keep going forward like he has in the last couple of weeks.

IF Gerrad did go to Chelsea.... face it, Lampard would have been dropped to the bench
:p :laugh: :laugh:
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:38 pm

I disagree! How can a man who spearheaded our champion’s league victory have "had a bad season"!!?

One game doesn't change that he had a hot and cold season. (Gerrard admitted that himself) Compared to how he played two seasons ago, he was a shadow of what he was truly capable of.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby akumaface » Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:25 pm

Chelsea Forever, the reason why you brought this topic up is because you want to brag about lampard right? :p    I'm sure Gerrard or Alonso are both better than Lampard because he will perform differently if he was playing in our team as we do not have the kind of depth Chelsea has (in fact no one has).  If Gerrard or ALonso is playing for Chelsea now, Lampard would be on the bench its as simple as that. :D
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby philchampionsl2005 » Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:27 pm

going on about who is better midfield player lampard or gerrard, looks at skills,

Tackling-gerrard is more vicious and puts his foot in more than lampard and lampard's timing showed in breaking alonso ankle.

Movement-lampard may get thsi one bit only just gerrard movement last season was brilliant but lampard movement was nxt to none with arriving just right outside the box, but he has more freedom on the pitch than gerrard looks at pre-season gerrard is improving vastly.

Goals- lampard scored 19 last season in all comps from 58 games, gerrard scored 19 last season in all comps from 46 games so who has the better statistics.

Passing - both like to play hollywods balls but gerrard has a better tempo to his passing and vision.
A queston you got to ask yourself is who would be your first name on the teamsheet for england nxt sumer in the world cup. Gerrard for me :D :D
philchampionsl2005

Postby Judge » Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:27 pm

aye akumaface, agreed

lampard would be a right back...............right back in the changing rooms  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Arren » Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:19 pm

Gerrard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!easy GERRARD IS THE BEST
Arren

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion