Gerard houillier

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby mrcool2003 » Fri Jan 28, 2005 9:54 pm

well clearly he was the wrong choice thats the whole thing about it
mrcool2003
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Sat Jan 29, 2005 1:35 am

you weren't saying that whwn we won the treble, made the 1/4 finals of the CL and finsihed 2nd in the league.

yes he made mistakes in his last 2 seasons, tbh he made a lot particularly in the transfer market. but to just dismiss him as being ****** and should never have appointeed him is absolute garbage, show some respect.

And b4 one of you dipsticks starts saying you must be a Houllier fan, I was happy to see him go and bring in the change that was needed, but you still have to repsect the man a little for his exploits in turning us into a very good side from the spice boys he took over whwn he was appointes, unfortunatley the last 2 seasons were poor and he left us in a bit of a hol, but let's hope Rafa can bring us out of it.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Sat Jan 29, 2005 1:39 am

LFC #1 wrote:you weren't saying that whwn we won the treble, made the 1/4 finals of the CL and finsihed 2nd in the league.

yes he made mistakes in his last 2 seasons, tbh he made a lot particularly in the transfer market. but to just dismiss him as being ****** and should never have appointeed him is absolute garbage, show some respect.

And b4 one of you dipsticks starts saying you must be a Houllier fan, I was happy to see him go and bring in the change that was needed, but you still have to repsect the man a little for his exploits in turning us into a very good side from the spice boys he took over whwn he was appointes, unfortunatley the last 2 seasons were poor and he left us in a bit of a hol, but let's hope Rafa can bring us out of it.

here here Scottie boy :cool:
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alonso_Rulz » Sat Jan 29, 2005 3:14 am

terrible forum where everything keeps repeating the same thing! it suckss to tok abt GH
Alonso_Rulz

Postby The Ace1983 » Sat Jan 29, 2005 4:09 am

Houllier was a great manager for us... until he went clinically insane. Yes he got us the treble, yes he got us to the q-finals of the CL, but he also ruined our squad, made terrible, terrible decisions and cost us our fine reputation. Lets look at some of the players he bought in (and I mentioned this the other day) and think about it. Cheyrou, Diarra, Vignal, Kvarme, Luzi, Diomede, le tallec, diao, diouf, biscan and many more. The only decent signings he ever made were Hyypia, Henchoz and Smicer. He bought Kewell and sucked the skill out of him, brought in Anelka and refused to play him, never formed a settled team and spent over £100m on the aformentioned trash. He relied solely on Owen upfront and decided that wingers were too adventurous for him. He was not only a bad manager, but a plague and curse that has left us struggling for forth. If Hansen or Lawrenson want someone to blame for Liverpool's decline, they need to look no further than the bug-eyed frenchman that I'll be happy if I never see again.

:angry:
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:46 am

This subject has been done to death on here guys. Overall I would side with the 'wasted years' camp, but if you are going to criticise then try and be a touch more fair. To talk about decent signings and not include Hamann, Finnan and Baros is delusional. He made some desperate errors of judgemant and I believe his reign was calamitous towards the end but I have been guilty myself of lack of respect towards a man who almost gave his life for the club. We have a new manager. Other people are entitled to discuss Houllier till the cows come home but for me at least, its time to walk on.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:50 am

woof woof ! wrote:For me one of the saddest things is that when it comes to managers we always seem to talk about ,Shankly or Houlier with the occaisional reference to Dalgliesh,Souness and Evans and yet the greatest manager we ever had (IMO) hardly gets a mention .
Bob Paisley , Shanks may have laid the foundation but Bob built the House .
:)

+1
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sat Jan 29, 2005 11:03 am

Keeping Milan a distance 3rd choice was insane. We could see how (a shaven) Milan got fit and showed his promised from the 2nd season onwards, yet he presist with the donkey even when he is not producing. He was too afraid to drop Owen even when he was going through a bad spell. His team formation is so negative that we often see the team clinging on to a slim one goal lead against struggling oppositions (which explains his poor record against lower oppositions). He discourage creativity, play players out of position and thus many of them lost their form. We beat the likes of Barca and Roma by playing negative football. Although results goes our way, how many of us will be proud that we win with such tactics?

All being said, I would rather not talk about him on this forum if possible.

BTW. ATL is not a bad signing. I would give him a chance to impress. Judge him in a season or two...
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sat Jan 29, 2005 1:51 pm

maximus wrote:This thread is toilet, and everyone is dumping in it

:D so true.. is this another Roberts "sh*t" thread...   :devil:
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sean » Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:04 am

I remember being at the Nou Camp for the 0-0 draw against Barcelona in the champions league in March 2002.  For the day and night of the match the most prominent sound in the city was of Liverpool fans singing "allez allez allez Gerard Houllier".  Indeed if Houllier had retired at that time because of poor health, I reckon he would now be remembered as a Liverpool legend.  It's goes to show how you can go from hero to villan in football very easily.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby Big Niall » Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:07 pm

Funny that you think his best game was one when his team didn't even score - glory days?

Can't believe somebody mentioned smicer as a success, he's hardly the fine winger in the tradition of Heighway or Barnes is he?

If I hear one more guy saying "he gave his life for the club" - no he didn't. Nobody says that about souness.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maximus » Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:54 pm

marklfc wrote:just been thinking then, imagine if all houlliers signings became exceptionally good players and liverpool won the league with diao, diouf, biscan, cheroyu and all other players he signed.
we would owe houllier an apology

Just imagine your auntie had b@llocks, you would be calling her uncle!! What a stupid post   :angry:
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby 109-1105722616 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:34 pm

maximus wrote:
marklfc wrote:just been thinking then, imagine if all houlliers signings became exceptionally good players and liverpool won the league with diao, diouf, biscan, cheroyu and all other players he signed.
we would owe houllier an apology

Just imagine your auntie had b@llocks, you would be calling her uncle!! What a stupid post   :angry:

i was just messing about
109-1105722616

Postby bigmick » Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:38 pm

marklfc wrote:was just messing about

Just for a change like? Dapioneer.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 109-1105722616 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:50 pm

why dont you get the mods to change my name to that, that will make you well happy
109-1105722616

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion