Game review, player ratings

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby banana » Sun Dec 18, 2005 2:06 pm

So it's over. A jet-lagged liverpool team was beaten by the underdogs from brazil. Liverpool were the better side but they failed to score. Or at least they failed to convince the referee that they scored.

Reina 7 - Did not have a lot to do but he dominates the area and is self confident. Good distribution and quick off the line.

Finnan 6 - Not his game. Not very active going forward and struggled a bit defensively in the first half.

Carra 7 - Best player as usual in the back 4. Did well.

Hyypia 6 - Allowed the brazilian to sneak in behind his back and score. Out of position a couple of times. Good 2nd half.

Warnock 4 - Worst player on the pitch. He is not ready for 1st team football. Gives the ball away too easy makes silly mistakes and his positioning is constantly off the mark.

Garcia 6/7 - The spaniard is brilliant at finding space and creating chances for himself and his team. Was only denied by the crossbar and had a couple of shots from which he should have troubled the goalie a bit more.

Gerrard 8 - A real star player. Covers a lot of ground and he was maybe denied a goal when he was cynically hacked down midway through the second half. His free kick deserved to go in.

Sissoko 7 - Did what he does best. Fast feet, strong tackles and aggression. Broke down a lot of attacks and won a number of important second balls.

Alonso 8/7 - Contolled midfield and distributed the ball left, right centre with pace and accuracy.

Kewell 7/8 - Impressive display. I was shocked in a positive way. Not only did he use the ball well, but he also made some good runs without the ball and contributed defensively. Is the real Harry Kewell back? Looking forward to seeing more of him in the coming months.

Morientes 5/6 - I honestly think we would have won the game with a better man up front. Moro can't play lone striker. He became isolated and ineffective.

Subs - I think Rafa left it a little late with his substitutions. Warnock should have been taken off in the first half, and Crouch and Pongo should have been introduced earlier. Crouch made them panic and Pongo scored a good goal.

Sao Pauolo - Played a decent first half. Good skills on the ball and good one on one. But they probably did not deserve to win based on their poor performance in the second half and cynical tactics.

Referee - What is there to say. 3 goals disallowed. Was it a penalty? Don't know why they bring in Mexican tourists to referee in the world club championships. The overall standard of refereeing has been poor in the championshop, and i hope FIFA can get better referees for the world cup.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Dec 18, 2005 2:21 pm

Morientes was the worst for me.
Kewell the best.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AussieKopite » Sun Dec 18, 2005 2:23 pm

Sissoke was rated far too highly. I agree with the Moro and the Sub comments especially.
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby murphy0151 » Sun Dec 18, 2005 2:51 pm

I woould give them all a 9.  Superb effort by all. 

I feel I speke for most reds in saying I would rather have another three points on boxing day than too off won this today.
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby Jari's mullet » Sun Dec 18, 2005 2:59 pm

Harry Kewell used the ball well today. lets hope he can make similar performances in the league
Jari's mullet

Postby Lionheart » Sun Dec 18, 2005 3:13 pm

AussieKopite wrote:Sissoke was rated far too highly. I agree with the Moro and the Sub comments especially.

Agreed.

Moro seemed to have lost his way for a player rated so highly, but I think Kewell played as well as I have seen him play in the red shirt today...but he still has a bit more in him I suspect.

[url=http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img]http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img[/url]
Lionheart
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AussieKopite » Sun Dec 18, 2005 3:17 pm

Lionheart wrote:
AussieKopite wrote:Sissoke was rated far too highly. I agree with the Moro and the Sub comments especially.

Agreed.

Moro seemed to have lost his way for a player rated so highly, but I think Kewell played as well as I have seen him play in the red shirt today...but he still has a bit more in him I suspect.

Hes still not at his best but that will come with time. I did notice him holding his ankle at one point and look a bit concerned. Played alright afterwards.
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Dec 18, 2005 4:37 pm

Sissoko wasn't as effective as he usually is, he covered a lot of ground but sometimes let players run past him. A fast tempo game suits him better imo.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby ivor_the_injun » Sun Dec 18, 2005 6:42 pm

Good to see Kewell switching sides on a couple of occasions as well, with Gerrard and Garcia popping up on the left. Very, very useful weapon to have - defenders absolutely hate it.
ivor_the_injun

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun Dec 18, 2005 7:12 pm

murphy0151 wrote:I woould give them all a 9.  Superb effort by all. 

I feel I speke for most reds in saying I would rather have another three points on boxing day than too off won this today.

best post all day murph,agree 100% with yer.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ToTinho » Sun Dec 18, 2005 7:28 pm

honnestly i think it is unfair to Morientes .. the lad can't play as a lone striker this is obvious .. but tbh he should  have scored his header in the first half
YNWA
ToTinho

Postby RAFABENITEZ » Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:40 pm

Kewell was alright today, nothing special mind
RAFABENITEZ
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby El Nino_#9 » Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:27 pm

i thought that warnock was poor.
kewell/alonso/gerrard were the best players for us today.
and i do believe crouch should of came on earlier than he did.
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Dec 19, 2005 12:53 am

banana wrote:Hyypia 6 -  Good 2nd half.

NEWS FLASH

banana says something positive about hyypia  :O  :O  :O

:D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:06 am

I have a confession... I am actually Banana....  :laugh:
115-1073096938