Game review - And ratings

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby red37 » Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:11 pm

stmichael wrote:my thoughts on the game yesterday.

1. the pitch was a disgrace. this is the premier league for god's sake. as for the football, i knew it wasn't going to be pretty. how anyone can pay to watch bolton week in week out is beyond me.

2. sissoko needs to seriously watch himself on the pitch. if he's not careful he's gonna spend more time banned than on the pitch in the second half of the season. to be honest i couldn't believe that he didn't get substituted.

3. traore is a complete liability. the number of times he plays attackers onside by hanging two yards behind the centre backs is frightening.

4. we miss alonso big style when he's not playing. see the pass for garcia's goal as proof of this.

5. 4 games in 8 days is a joke. believe me i hate this excuse of tiredness but in the first half especially we just looked totally knackered.

6. cisse should have started. sinama pongolle has hardly had a kick in the last month and it showed. he looked completely off the pace.

7. hyypia and carragher didn't have their best games by any means. hyypia gave some stupid free kicks away which is the last thing you want to do against bolton and carragher could easily have given a penalty away.

however all in all i'll take a point considering we were behind twice. second half we were by far the better side as stevie g and alonso got into the game more.

id agree with all those points st.mike.

reina imo wasnt fouled and should have caught the cross first take. it probably would of made the difference between 3 points and one (decent) one in the end.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion