GALATASARAY VS LIVERPOOL - - the return to istanbul -

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:28 pm

Good one St. Mike.

I've bashed him, but I really shouldn't.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:53 pm

stmichael wrote:Very average, but nothing game so who gives a sh#t?

I agree with the comments questioning the fielding of Carragher, but I'd go further to say, why were any first team players on the pitch, in fact why did they even travel? I would have fielded an entire reserve side. In this day and age, with all this talk of rotation and resting players, what better opportunity to give them a week off.

As for the persistant Pennant bashing on this site - I have to say he's becoming a very easy target. I agree we've not seen the best of him yet, but when the team has a bad game (and lets face it, there's been a number of them this season) it's becoming all to easy to say Pennant this and Pennant that, when the truth of the matter is there's probably been five or six players you could point to in any said game that have performed as badly. Get behind the lad, show him some support and we may have a chance of him getting some confidence back.

I think he had a good game last night.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scouse_legend » Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:49 pm

it was a gd game right but ow can u expect liverpool to win when they play poo team accept few players :)

Scouse_legend

Postby redsince2001 » Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:56 pm

a loss is a loss though:( :( :( ...and like every other liverpool supporter i dont like it wen my club ...my life loses:( :( :(
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby 67-1161385641 » Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:57 pm

Unlike A.B and 'Bad' Bob. Who see some European games as a friendlies.
67-1161385641

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:23 pm

Last nights match had less meaning than a friendly - it was simply an itch on the anus than needed to be scratched.

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 67-1161385641 » Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:24 pm

I'm not getting into another debate about this, I felt it was important, you and others feel it wasn't important, I'll agree to disagree with you.
67-1161385641

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:26 pm

Suits me.

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jkop » Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:10 pm

I would have prefered a win but hey :censored: happens, at least we're through with no injuries as far as im aware. :nod
Were not Brazil were Norn Iron.
          Faugh a Ballagh.
                YNWA
        Healy......Healy !!!!!
jkop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:17 pm

ScS is right...Pennant appeared to have raised his efforts in the Ataturk last night...fair play to him. Yet his dead ball delivery leaves a heck of a lot to be desired. Still, promising signs are starting to show themselves, lets see that continue over the coming months.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby RedBlood » Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:37 pm

pennant has a lot of talent and fans getting on his back so soon could lose us the chance to ever see it we should always support or players 100%. We have had alot of injuries and key players like alonso carra didnt start the season on form so it has been hard for our new signing s to settle. Just give them time and support after all thats what we are 'football supporters'
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby mattylfc » Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:48 am

Late reply regarding the game but only just got back on my computer.

Was good to get a chance to have a look at Guthrie, was very impressed overall.  He showed good confidence and is definitely a player we will see more of in the future.

Paletta was very poor at times, experience will come with time he but was generally sloppy.  Looks strong in the tackle but distribution was poor. Lets just hope this was a one-off.

Peltier did ok, no better and no worse.  Used the ball well at times but also showed some inexperience at times which is to be expected, especially when he's not playing in his preferred position. Showed some good signs.

Pennant was much better IMO, he continued to run the ball everytime he had a chance and got round the back a lot more than we have seen of late.  Only disappointing aspect was his set-pieces, they were generally poor.

Bellamy, IMO was very good on wednesday.  He carried his form from the weekend into this game and is now looking much more like the Bellamy of old.

Fowler, great to see him on the scoresheet but a very average performance once again.  Carrying too much weight at the minute.

Cant believe all the talk that has gone on in this thread regarding the importnace of this game.  I fail to see how anyone feels we should have taken this more seriously, theres no reason to be disappointed about this result.
We had the perfect opportunity to rest players, avoid injuries and introduce some of the younger players onto the big stage.  Im pretty sure the other English clubs would have loved to be in the same situation.
mattylfc

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion