One step forward and two steps back
Nobody gets too far like that
This kind of dance can never last
One step forward and two step back
Nobody gets too far like that
This kind of  Chelsea dance can never last

This is from Mick Barry, the infamous Liverpool under cover journalist, who was banned from .tv, Raotl, RAWK and newkit.
67-1161385641

Postby Redman in wales » Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:30 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:Regarding the match, Bellamy continued his good form, Robbie showed why he is still the man to have infront of goal, despite a quiet night, Peltier was average at best, Paletta was rubbish, Riise was abysmal, Dudek was unlucky, Carragher was too busy floating around, Agger was flustered by Paletta's uncertainty (yet managed to hold it together personally), Pennant was average (but miles better than usual), Alonso was too busy mopping up after everybody

Not worth mentioning the subs.

All in all, job done, experience gained, and two goals for a living legend.

watched the game late last night.

pretty much agree with that. I'm not bothered by the result, top of the group, blood the young 'uns etc etc

But, what does get me is the fact that we have had injuries for the past month on our left (warnock, Aurelio, Kewell, Gonzalez) but Riise still plays 90 minutes of every single game. Others get rested, or subbed, but not riise.

he had a shi te game last night, but the kid really needed a break imo. Sometimes its a mental break as well as a physical one so you can go into the next game alert and fresh, as well as fitter. I know euro squad selection can limit this, but i felt that he should have been given a bit of a rest at least - he is the 1 player that is playing 90mins of every game at the mo - and I dont see that changing with the injuries we currently have ....
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:57 am

adding stats to my comment above:

Riise has played more minutes of football in the last 7 games than any other liverpool player (including keepers as reina didnt play against gala)

and more minutes of football than any outfield player in the last 18 games

the carling cup game on nov 8th was his last rest and since then has played every sat/sun game and every midweek game for  the full 90mins

basically...... the kid needs a break!
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:14 pm

Redman in wales wrote:adding stats to my comment above:

Riise has played more minutes of football in the last 7 games than any other liverpool player (including keepers as reina didnt play against gala)

and more minutes of football than any outfield player in the last 18 games

the carling cup game on nov 8th was his last rest and since then has played every sat/sun game and every midweek game for  the full 90mins

basically...... the kid needs a break!

It's a fair point mate, but who would you put in his place?

We're down to the bare bones at LB. Agger could've played there, but that would still leave LM requireing a player.

Riise doesn't seem the brightest lad in the World, so he probably doesn't need too much of a rest mentally. It's your intelligent players who get drained in that respect.

But it's still a very good point, and I'm sure Rafa would much rather have another option there.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:19 pm

Riise doesn't seem the brightest lad in the World, so he probably doesn't need too much of a rest mentally

:laugh:  You cruel b@stard he has enough to put up with being a ginger, without being called thick as well!
account deleted by request

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:30 pm

s@int wrote:
Riise doesn't seem the brightest lad in the World, so he probably doesn't need too much of a rest mentally

:laugh:  You cruel b@stard he has enough to put up with being a ginger, without being called thick as well!

:D

It's there, though.

I'm sure I read some quote from someone, somewhere that he's about as bright as a 4 Watt lightbulb.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:37 pm

112-1077774096

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:57 pm

Lee J wrote:
Istanpool wrote:It was a nice game here in Istanbul but surprisingly you lost to us. Galatasaray had lost thoughest derby game on Sunday against Fenerbahce (corresponds to your everton) and 48 hours later we had same 9 players on the pitch.

Your wings should have done more because our right defender Cihan (19) are left defender Ergun (67) are DM in fact. We are suffering big headaches from these positions.

One another thing, i did not understand why Rafa took Bellamy out. He was the best player on the pitch. Interesting decision.

Anyway, it is nice to win against Liverpool, no matter what team you brought in. Liverpool is Liverpool. You live with your nice memories of last year.

we're through, your not - now wind your neck in you tw@t.

What did he say that was wrong or deserved that sort of response? you should wind your neck in me thinks
Last edited by LFC #1 on Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:00 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:I'm almost certain it was Guthrie (ominous game) who gifted them their equalizer, NOT Xabi, but still.

It was deffo Alonso that gifted the first Galatasaray goal mate, although he shouldnt of been given the ball in that area in the first place.

Is it just me or does Guthrie look like a young steve Finnan ?

Someone post a couple of pics up if you can please. :D

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 67-1161385641 » Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:14 pm

Danny G

Steven Finnan
67-1161385641

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:22 pm

ImageImage

They do look very similar
Last edited by account deleted by request on Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby 67-1161385641 » Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:26 pm

All we need is Matt Damon in the team.
67-1161385641

Postby Istanpool » Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:42 pm

LFC #1 wrote:
Lee J wrote:
Istanpool wrote:It was a nice game here in Istanbul but surprisingly you lost to us. Galatasaray had lost thoughest derby game on Sunday against Fenerbahce (corresponds to your everton) and 48 hours later we had same 9 players on the pitch.

Your wings should have done more because our right defender Cihan (19) are left defender Ergun (67) are DM in fact. We are suffering big headaches from these positions.

One another thing, i did not understand why Rafa took Bellamy out. He was the best player on the pitch. Interesting decision.

Anyway, it is nice to win against Liverpool, no matter what team you brought in. Liverpool is Liverpool. You live with your nice memories of last year.

we're through, your not - now wind your neck in you tw@t.

What did he say that was wrong or deserved that sort of response? you should wind your neck in me thinks

We have an idiom in Turkish: There are 5 fingers at one hand but none of them has same length. It means people are different. I've been to UK many times and I know how people are nice in general. No problem at all.
Istanpool

Postby 67-1161385641 » Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:44 pm

Isn't Lee J a queer?
67-1161385641

Postby stmichael » Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:01 pm

Very average, but nothing game so who gives a sh#t?

I agree with the comments questioning the fielding of Carragher, but I'd go further to say, why were any first team players on the pitch, in fact why did they even travel? I would have fielded an entire reserve side. In this day and age, with all this talk of rotation and resting players, what better opportunity to give them a week off.

As for the persistant Pennant bashing on this site - I have to say he's becoming a very easy target. I agree we've not seen the best of him yet, but when the team has a bad game (and lets face it, there's been a number of them this season) it's becoming all to easy to say Pennant this and Pennant that, when the truth of the matter is there's probably been five or six players you could point to in any said game that have performed as badly. Get behind the lad, show him some support and we may have a chance of him getting some confidence back.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion