GALATASARAY VS LIVERPOOL - - the return to istanbul -

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:43 am

Well from this thread it is clear that Charmless Man is a complete imbecile.

Wind-up, bell-end, donkey-raping sh*t eater - take your pick.

Regarding the match, Bellamy continued his good form, Robbie showed why he is still the man to have infront of goal, despite a quiet night, Peltier was average at best, Paletta was rubbish, Riise was abysmal, Dudek was unlucky, Carragher was too busy floating around, Agger was flustered by Paletta's uncertainty (yet managed to hold it together personally), Pennant was average (but miles better than usual), Alonso was too busy mopping up after everybody, and I'm almost certain it was Guthrie (ominous game) who gifted them their equalizer, NOT Xabi, but still.

Not worth mentioning the subs.

All in all, job done, experience gained, and two goals for a living legend.

The result doesn't matter, despite what Karim has to say to the contrary.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:46 am

peewee wrote:charmless man is karim, LPA, oasis, mudface and whichever guises he has used before.

you are normally quick to spot these ciggy    :D

Iv been thinking it might be Oasis for a while but as long as he didn't start the windup posts again I wasnt bothered either way.
account deleted by request

Postby A.B. » Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:52 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:Well from this thread it is clear that Charmless Man is a complete imbecile.

Wind-up, bell-end, donkey-raping sh*t eater - take your pick.

Regarding the match, Bellamy continued his good form, Robbie showed why he is still the man to have infront of goal, despite a quiet night, Peltier was average at best, Paletta was rubbish, Riise was abysmal, Dudek was unlucky, Carragher was too busy floating around, Agger was flustered by Paletta's uncertainty (yet managed to hold it together personally), Pennant was average (but miles better than usual), Alonso was too busy mopping up after everybody, and I'm almost certain it was Guthrie (ominous game) who gifted them their equalizer, NOT Xabi, but still.

Not worth mentioning the subs.

All in all, job done, experience gained, and two goals for a living legend.

The result doesn't matter, despite what Karim has to say to the contrary.

Hey hey, how dare you disrespect Riise. You know he has been a loyal servant to the club and because of that he can't be critisized when he's :censored: poor! You're no true supporter you fat fat man/

:D

Riise was :censored:, it's been confirmed.  :D
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:03 am

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:14 am

peewee wrote:charmless man is karim, LPA, oasis, mudface and whichever guises he has used before.

you are normally quick to spot these ciggy    :D

Don't forget Jerzy!  :laugh:

Can't believe he managed to bite his lip through a whole PSV thread and not mention Salcido!  He even went so far as to say Lucas Neill is not what we need come January.  :upside:
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby A.B. » Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:17 am

Salcido the Mexican Midget?
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby azriahmad » Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:16 am

Where I live, one terrestrial tv company has 4 channels showing live games and 2 sports channels on pay-tv also showing live...not even 1 chose to show the Liverpool game live. Even the first delayed telecast on one of the pay-tv's sports cahnnel showed the Chelski game.  :(

I'm not at all disappointed that we lost after having topped the group with the result of the PSV game. I'm with Bob that I'm rather disappointed that Rafa still played Carra and Alonso and risk them getting injured. Agger may need to be played as he is still very young and getting more matches under the belt won't be any harm to him. Pennant needs games as he needs to step up in consistency and performance, as do some of the fringe players and even the youngsters. Should have rested Carra and Alonso and give the captanicy for the night to Dudek.

We have far too many games in the EPL and it is crystal clear we are still struggling plus the 2 tough cup ties against Arsenal, we should be third and challenging Manure and Chelski, not so many points behind but only fighting for third or fourth. We have qualified and topped the group regardless of what PSV did against Bordeaux.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:41 am

LIVAPEWL LOST!!!111

RAFA oUt!!!!!

:p
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:49 am

CharmlessMan wrote:Absolute tosh, mate. When did I say I didn't care when I lost? The difference between me and you is, I know what Liverpool is, you don't. I feel miserable and angry when we lose, you obviously do not. I don't want to make this personal, but stick to watching the Maple leafs.

Fin!

the Leafs got their butts kicked tonight, why would you want to go watch that?
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedBlood » Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:01 am

The thing that shocked me most tonight was that Anderson didnt get a run out. He looked very promising last season in the youth cup and reserves, i expected to see alot of him this season.
But saying that he is only 17/18? so theres plenty of time
Last edited by RedBlood on Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:28 am

RedBlood wrote:The thing that shocked me most tonight was that Anderson didnt get a run out. He looked very promising last season in the youth cup and reserves, i expected to see alot of him this season.
But saying that he is only 17/18? so theres plenty of time

I think Rafa wanted to give Pennant a bit more confidence/form. I just hope Pennant remembers the run and cross he made for Robbie's 2nd goal and forgets the rest. I heard that Anderson is on special (weight?) training, so that may explain his ommission.

Hopefully the youngsters will have learned an important lesson tonight, and the experience will be of benefit in their development.

Riise had a poor game made worse by his stumble(?) for their goal, but he is still IMHO a good player.

A game like this with nothing to play for but pride, is very difficult, so the inclusion of so many young players was good, and at least made things more interesting. Just going there and getting a 0-0 with a stronger team would have been of no benefit.

Every game we lose hurts, but if we had to lose a game I would rather we lost this than the next one.

A Robbie hatrick and a 3-3 would have been nice though.
account deleted by request

Postby Istanpool » Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:29 am

It was a nice game here in Istanbul but surprisingly you lost to us. Galatasaray had lost thoughest derby game on Sunday against Fenerbahce (corresponds to your everton) and 48 hours later we had same 9 players on the pitch.

Your wings should have done more because our right defender Cihan (19) are left defender Ergun (67) are DM in fact. We are suffering big headaches from these positions.

One another thing, i did not understand why Rafa took Bellamy out. He was the best player on the pitch. Interesting decision.

Anyway, it is nice to win against Liverpool, no matter what team you brought in. Liverpool is Liverpool. You live with your nice memories of last year.

Istanpool

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:03 am

We had an average game but it not really surprising considering the formation and players player. It was never going to be a cracker when both teams have nothing to play for aside from pride.

Positives:

Peltier - His performances have progressively got better and better. He is definitely an option for cover at RB. Reliable

Pennant - Starting to show some real potential. He has to bring this patch of form into the premiership if we are to make any progress in the league.

Bellamy - Looks much more confident after his court case polava. We need a goalscorer right now and the recent glimpse of his ability may of come just at the right time.

Negatives:

Paletta - I'm hoping this game was a one-off. His decision making was shocking, it's almost like he thinks he is better than he really is. He was fairly strong in a tackle but his distribution and judgement we're awful.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 67-1161385641 » Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:13 am

Geoff's Still Here wrote:Disapointed in the top players not giving it their all tonight Alonso stunk the place out and robbie looked a couple of stone overweight, still two goals will make him happy. risse :censored: poor Bellamy looked good and Pennant for once got past a man now and again but every game we give the ball away to easy and don't get enough men in the box.

A bit harsh, but it wasn't good enough either way, as long as we beat Fulham that is the main thing.
67-1161385641

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:17 am

Istanpool wrote:It was a nice game here in Istanbul but surprisingly you lost to us. Galatasaray had lost thoughest derby game on Sunday against Fenerbahce (corresponds to your everton) and 48 hours later we had same 9 players on the pitch.

Your wings should have done more because our right defender Cihan (19) are left defender Ergun (67) are DM in fact. We are suffering big headaches from these positions.

One another thing, i did not understand why Rafa took Bellamy out. He was the best player on the pitch. Interesting decision.

Anyway, it is nice to win against Liverpool, no matter what team you brought in. Liverpool is Liverpool. You live with your nice memories of last year.

we're through, your not - now wind your neck in you tw@t.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion