Gabriel milito - Looks class

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:57 pm

[/quote]Apparently things are looking "complicated" over Milito's move. Zaragoza are offering him a new contract that matches ours, and they will refuse to sell him even if he wants to leave. [quote]       

well Milito wants out and i'd be surprised if he did sign a new deal...although i wouldn't be heartbroken if he did, i'm sure Rafa has a few choices lined up.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby El Nino_#9 » Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:07 pm

if we dont get milito,
we'll probally get either upson or ibanez.
i'd prefer upson personally.
he'd cost less than ibanez anyway!
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:57 am

How good is Ibanez? At least Upson will not have to go through the learning process and having to cope with the shock of the EPL as compared to the slower and more technical league games of the Spainairds.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kaz the kopite » Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:31 pm

zaragoza are holding lfc to ransom and will only suceed in upsetting millito on a failed move to the european cmps!!!  5times! 5 times! :buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock
I am the one and only!
kaz the kopite

Postby El Nino_#9 » Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:43 pm

its not looking like milito is coming unfortunately......... :(

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/mediawatch/drilldown/MW8618050722-1239.htm
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby matrix » Mon Jul 25, 2005 1:54 am

i think rafa believes milito would be everything to liverpool watched him play in feds cup pure class, the way he moves forward with the ball and passes is blinding, i urge the powers at liverpool to stump up the fee for milito, its no good going for the next guy on the list we need the best at lfc, can you tell i like milito but he will not come cheap 10 or 11 million but thats what you have to pay sometimes if you want to challenge on all fronts.

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:51 am

Well to a certain degree I agree with you however we can't allow any club to hold us for ransom and we may not have 11.5 million pounds available to spend on one player.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Mon Jul 25, 2005 4:07 am

Latest on Milito

Alfonso Soláns: "If a player wants to leave, it's impossible to stop him"

Real Zaragoza president, Alfonso Soláns, used a common saying to define Milito's situation, with an offer from Liverpool, who are ready to pay €12m for the footballer. "I don't know what his will is, but i know we want him to stay. Altough, if a player says he wants to leave then it is impossible to stop him, what we have to do is to find the best opportunity when he decides to leave. We have the very recent case of [David] Villa" declared the main directive of the aragonés club, who also made official the intention of singing a striker, after repeated petitions from Víctor and the football director, and defended the preseason of the team.

Yet the main issue is Milito. The central defender will arrive tonight or tomorrow morning in Spain and on Monday he shall not only join training but also speak with the club, since that same day his agent, Eduardo Gammarnik will also land in Spain. "I have not spoken with him and i don't know wether the coaches have either. I'd like to believe that he will stay for many years and I'd be delighted if he renews his deal, but this is a negotiation that is in the hands of both parties.", said the zaragocista president. Zaragoza will offer the player €1.6m if he renews, the same amount Liverpool are offering, although there he could earn as much as €2.1m with incentives. The player has said to people close to him that he wants to leave, but it won't be until Monday when everything will be sorted out.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby tel » Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:06 am

I hope we do get him. He is a real mongrel and like most Argies, a very tenacious defender. And he'll get away with a lot more in the premier league where refs pull up defenders a lot less than the continent.

Heinze may have been the manc scum best player last year, but Milito is twice the player he is.

A great acquisition and like Xabi, worth spending the money on.

Zaragoza are a small club in Spain and doesnt matter if they say they'll match the wages were offering him, he'll still want to come to the mighty reds.
tel

Postby 66-1112520797 » Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:14 am

I have to admit i have never seen him play so i cant comment on him as a defender but seems quite popular around here.
Does Milito have a lot of pace ?
If not Gallas would be a very good buy ,but i know its highly unlikely that maureen would be that stupid in selling him to a rival.
Upson is the other name that has been mentioned but he is a no no in my book,he does not have the qualities as a center-half .Not for Liverpool any way.
But it would be nice to see Rafa sign a quality CH .
66-1112520797

Postby The Ace1983 » Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:19 am

He's a speedy little character, but it is his toughness and his tackles that make him worth so much. A.B., where did you find that quote?
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Anfield rapper » Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:21 am

I think they should buy him for £11m he is a great player and he wants to come here. i think thats actually quite a reasonable price and could work out cheap in the long run.
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby A.B. » Mon Jul 25, 2005 1:47 pm

He's a speedy little character, but it is his toughness and his tackles that make him worth so much. A.B., where did you find that quote?

From a Spanish newspaper.

Does Milito have a lot of pace ?

Yes he does have a lot of pace, however some people don't like the fact that he's only 5'9.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Jul 25, 2005 2:18 pm

The main worry with Milito is his build......he isn't the biggest guy in the world and some are worried he might not be able to cope with the Premirship....bit like pelle
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Jul 25, 2005 2:20 pm

Milito is 200 times faster than Pellegrino and can pass the ball better than Pellegrino and Hyypia put together.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion