Gabriel milito - Looks class

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kaz the kopite » Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:30 pm

he`s very good in the air and is about 5` 10" tall!! :buttrock

great signing if we can convince zaragoza to sell!  :buttrock
I am the one and only!
kaz the kopite

Postby The_Rock » Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:35 pm

zaragoza have put a 20 million pounds tag on him  :angry: .....

have to say, he would be a class signing. We need a pacy centreback.... I say lets forget about crouch and really go after milito
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Rafa Revolution » Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:00 pm

every club in town knows we are looking to reinforce our backline. the good ones won't come cheap!
Bill Shankly after beating Everton in the '71 cup semi : "Sickness would not have kept me away from this one. If I'd been dead, I would have had them bring the casket to the ground, prop it up in the stands and cut a hole in the lid."
Red Rafa Revolution

Postby red187 » Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:04 pm

Miltos only 5' 8" well thats what its says on the RZ website, but as kevin keegan would say hes a tremendous leaper
red187

Postby dawson99 » Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:07 pm

hes got like a 20 million buy out clause in his contract but he is a class player if u ask me
weve seen in players like heinze for the manure that argentina has some class defenders, and this guy looks like another one of them

lets hope we sign him
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fernando Morientes > 19 < » Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:51 pm

Milito wants red move

Source: Skysports.Com
"He is the player that Liverpool have been looking for." - Ian Rush
Fernando Morientes > 19 <
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:05 pm

JBG wrote:He's an ugly lookin' bruiser to boot! Too many pretty boys in our team, about time we had a man's player to rival Glenn Hysen at Liverpool!

what an insult to Gary Ablett  :laugh:
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby El Nino_#9 » Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:06 pm

???
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:06 pm

Milito has said publicly today he wants to move to Liverpool....i expect to see this whole deal get processed very quickly
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:08 pm

Hopefully, although Zaragosa are being difficult (not that you can blame them!).

I'm a small bit worried that if we don't do a quick deal, Madrid could be back in for him.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby neilE » Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:14 pm

We've got to have a quality defender in the squad a.s.a.p - Carragher and Hyypia can't play every game next season (well, maybe Carra will!), and if we get someone with pace, he'll balance out Sami - who isn't reknowned for his pace:)
neilE

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:57 pm

hopefully Milito will come back from his holiday and tell his club to sort out the transfer.  He has only 2 yrs left on his contract and won't sign a new one now, so his club have no choice but to sell up if they want the maximum fee.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:05 am

Latest news on Milito, Real Zaragoza want 11 million pounds for Milito. Seems like they're going to do everything to keep him in Spain.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:12 am

A.B. wrote:Latest news on Milito, Real Zaragoza want 11 million pounds for Milito. Seems like they're going to do everything to keep him in Spain.

where did you hear that, just read we would go as high as 9 mill
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:18 am

Actually its  11.7 million [and if it were as high as 9 million that would be still too much]

Article in full:

http://sport.independent.co.uk/football/li...ticle299042.ece

Zaragoza raise Milito price to keep Liverpool at bay
By Andy Hunter
Published: 14 July 2005

Real Zaragoza have tested Liverpool's resolve to bring Gabriel Milito to Anfield by demanding £11.7m for their Argentina international.

The European champions made a second improved offer of £7.5m for the 24-year-old centre-half on Tuesday, having had a £6m bid rejected earlier this summer. Zaragoza, however, have again underlined their determination to keep Milito by pricing him out of a move to Anfield.

The sporting director of Zaragoza, Miguel Pardeza, said: "There have been contacts with Liverpool and they have made an offer for Milito. But the player is not for sale, he is fundamental for us and we want to keep him."

Liverpool will not countenance a deal which, with wages included, would be worth £20m despite the player's impressive recovery from a knee injury that curtailed a move to Real Madrid from Independiente two years ago and Rafael Benitez's desire to bolster his defence.

Milito is currently on holiday in his native Argentina considering Zaragoza's offer of a new five-year contract, although he could revive the deal if he refuses the offer from the Spanish club and demands a transfer.

"If Liverpool make a concrete offer then it would be very difficult to say no," he said. "I am happy at Zaragoza but it is not every day the champions of Europe are interested in you."

Liverpool have offered the defender Sami Hyypia a new two-year contract to replace his current deal, which has only 12 months left to run, and handed the Norwegian international John Arne Riise a pay rise.

One player who will be moving from La Liga to Merseyside is Mikel Arteta, who is to finally seal a permanent transfer to Everton after reducing his wage demands.

The former Barcelona and Rangers midfielder spent the second half of last season on loan at Goodison Park with a view to a £2.8m switch only for his original request of £33,000 a week to stall the deal. Arteta, 23, has now fallen into line with salary cap, which will hand the Everton manager, David Moyes, a much-needed transfer fillip having missed out on Craig Bellamy, Scott Parker, Emre, Mikaël Forssell and Mohamed Sissoko this summer.

The chief executive at Everton, Keith Wyness, said: "Talks with both Real Sociedad and Mikel Arteta have gone well and are continuing. We are hopeful of reaching a satisfactory conclusion within the next 48 hours or so."

Real Zaragoza have tested Liverpool's resolve to bring Gabriel Milito to Anfield by demanding £11.7m for their Argentina international.

The European champions made a second improved offer of £7.5m for the 24-year-old centre-half on Tuesday, having had a £6m bid rejected earlier this summer. Zaragoza, however, have again underlined their determination to keep Milito by pricing him out of a move to Anfield.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion