Future managers

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:36 am

Thommo's perm wrote:
stmichael wrote:
crazyhorse wrote:Also, no mention yet of Martin O' neil. I do think he could do a job here.

if that guy ever set foot anywhere near anfiled i'd consider throwing myself under a bus.

I will be holding your hand when you do!
:nod

my sympathy lies with the poor bus driver :D .
mon wouldnt be my choice either and if he was in the frame im sure he would be here by now.seen as he isnt points the finger towards the belief that our next manager is currently employed and therefore now isnt an option with him so we have to wait till the summer.

i can see why he would be a popular choice with some fans though,he's young,had success with lower clubs,gets the best out of players,does well with transfers given the funds he's had and has consistently been knocking on the top 4 for years and most probably believe that with the squad we already have and proper funding he would do well here.
left villa cos they were happy to stay as they were so that has to be another trait.
still not for me though, i hope we could do much better than that.
i hope the next manager is one we can all approve of,brings back good passing football,winning ways and the pur excitement of watching the team play and then there wont be any more need to talk about buses and the like.

:D
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:16 am

red till i die!! wrote:guardiola would be heaven sent,plays serious attacking football,would attract some quality signings(no bother retaining our own stars) and most likely if backed win the league within 5 yrs.
if he has only 6 months left on his deal with barca and nesv are looking for a young manager then they would be stupid if they havent sounded him out.
he has done great things with the youth at barca and so many have progressed to regular 1st team action,has helped build up a squad that could win la liga for the next 6 yrs straight.
id love to see guardiola and have paco ayesteran or kenny as coach.
hell yeah!!! :cool:.

Good luck with that, hes just knocked back 22 million a year to go to CSKA Moscow.

And MON? id rather keep Roy than have him here.
Last edited by Ciggy on Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:42 am

Good post but Mourinho and Guardiola?  :D

I'd also like to add Jorge Jesus and Klopp to that list.  Both very talented managers in my opinion.  I also like Spalleti.  Roma played great football under him.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:44 am

loopyliverpool wrote:If Hiddink could be persuaded he would be my choice by a country mile.

Why would you want Hiddink.  He's a great manager, but he'd stay for 1 or 2 years and then he'd :censored: off.  Don't forget that he turned us down during the summer too.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby TarnRed » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:26 am

This guys name keeps popping up on Twitter.

Ralf Rangnick

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ralf_Rangnick
TarnRed

Postby roberto green » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:16 am

Owen Coyle for me, I have been following him all season and the man knows his stuff, He has Bolton playing good passing football and has got the best out of the players at the club i,e Elmander and Gary Cahill has also improved a lot.

There is bound to be another British manager out there who will develop into a top class manager and I don't want us to miss the boat.So Coyle for me.
roberto green

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:30 am

Deschamps for me....

Though I like the idea of Coyle as well.....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:38 pm

Who ever it is it has to be someone who plays good football,if were honest we have pretty painful on the eye for a large proportion of the time since Roy Evans left the club
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mart » Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:42 pm

red till i die!! wrote:guardiola would be heaven sent,plays serious attacking football,would attract some quality signings(no bother retaining our own stars) and most likely if backed win the league within 5 yrs.
if he has only 6 months left on his deal with barca and nesv are looking for a young manager then they would be stupid if they havent sounded him out.
he has done great things with the youth at barca and so many have progressed to regular 1st team action,has helped build up a squad that could win la liga for the next 6 yrs straight.

I doubt he will be leaving barca before they kick him out.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:47 pm

Seeing as we are all out patience we just need someone the fans like, trust and very importantly plays good attacking football. NESV have a very tough decision to make and all candidates are a gamble and whoever does arrive has a hell of a job on, not only with this team but being smart with the media and PR. They will need to back him to the hilt and cough up some serious cash or we can all forget about a bright new dawn anytime soon that for sure.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby lakes10 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:07 pm

Ciggy wrote:And MON? id rather keep Roy than have him here.

think i am with you on that one.
did the board try to have a meeting with him before talking to roy but his club put a stop to it.......if he had walked out before roy took this job i am sure he would have been our manager.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:14 pm

good article this on Ralf Rangnick

Link
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:48 pm

Ciggy wrote:

Good luck with that, hes just knocked back 22 million a year to go to CSKA Moscow.

And MON? id rather keep Roy than have him here.

:laugh:
You love him really dont you...?
:eyebrow
Thommo's perm

Postby crazyhorse » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:14 pm

Personally, I think we would struggle to bring most of the names mentioned to the club. Coyle is one for the future, he has only just got to Bolton, the club he loves and played for and he will not walk out on them so soon.

I really want Moureen.. but he is ensconced at Madrid, at least until he is sacked and he will be given another season after this one.

We are stuck between a rock and a hard place. The sad fact is the top managers will not be attracted to the club in the mess we are in. Looking from the outside we have a failing squad, unknown financial means, and fans that are turning on their manager after only a few months.. its not an attractive proposition to the likes of those being mentioned.

Its pointless discussing new manangers, and I feel its wrong and disrespectful to Roy doing it. This is not the LFC way. I know that it has been a truly horrible few years with the yanks, and the poor showing last season and this but we have to realise that this is really the lowest point. It will not get worse and we will see a steady improvement over time.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mart » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:33 pm

crazyhorse wrote:We are stuck between a rock and a hard place. The sad fact is the top managers will not be attracted to the club in the mess we are in.

We probably cant get managers from the top titlewinning sides, but outside of that we are in a good position. We just got new owners that are willing to invest. We have low expectations and will get pleased with little considering how :censored: Roy has been. The league is suddenly become more open than it has been for many years as well, with no real outstanding teams.
mart
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion