Future managers

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby TarnRed » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:09 am

Fauxy wrote:
TarnRed wrote:I'll add another one for you, bit of a darkhorse mind.

Jürgen Klopp - Borussia Dortmund: Been with Borussia since 2008 and has now built a squad to finally challenge for the Bundesliga and get Borussia Dortmund back on the footballing map. Seen quite alot of the Bundesliga this season. His team plays very good attack minded ball on the deck football, they can also soak up pressure and are excellent defensively. In the majority of games his team scores 2 or more goals but don't concede too often, 10 goals in 17 league games.

Dortmund currently sit 10 points clear at the top of their respective league, 13 points above Bayern Munich. The job he has done without spending millions upon millions and with young players is nothing short of brilliant. Each season he has bettered his previous whilst at Borussia, a top upcoming young manager that shouldn't be overlooked.

Ya beat me to it!

Was gonna add him myself. This fella is definetly worth a shout.

Loew is also an interesting one, he certainly knows how to get a team playing football.

Nice little article here on the talented Dortmund coach.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010....ex.html
TarnRed

Postby boodiddy1 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:41 am

stmichael wrote:Coyle is an interesting one. It'll certainly be interesting to see where he is 5 years from now for example. I'm actually glad that he went to Bolton in the end and not Celtic as up there it would have been much harder to judge just how good he really is. The way he's transformed Bolton's style of play has been very impressive though and he also speaks very well. What I mean by that is that he's always trying to take positives out of every situation and he doesn't come out and make pathetic excuses or have a go at referees every week.

I still feel that he is perfect for Bolton at this moment in time though and should stay there for as long as possible to gain more experience in the Premier League. David Moyes is the perfect example of what I am talking about. A few years down the line when the likes of Ferguson and Wenger move on I'm sure he'll be mentioned as a possible successor to them. Whether he is ready for the step up to a big club is another matter.  He still has a lot to prove though imo to convince me that he can manage a really big club.

The thing you have to understand is that in this country everyone will big up a manager who has even the mimimum of success for a short period of time. It happened with Hughton when he got a few good results. He got the sack. It happened with Di Matteo for a few weeks then West Brom's form dipped. Going back it was even said about Martinez (he plays football the right way apparently). Well look at where Wigan are in the table. With Bolton, lets see where they are come the end of the season. It would be a brave man to predict that they will finish in the top 6.

Thats a major problem that the club has had for years St. Lets see where he is in 5 years! Coyle hasnt been a flash in the pan. He's done the goods at every club he's been at.

By waiting till Wenger and Fergie to leave, then lets see? Im sorry, but we have to be proactive, rather reactive.

Our owners are wanting long term goals and a long term dynasty. Well, Coyle for me fits perfectly. He's astute enough to not barge the Big Sam, Bruce road. He admires Wenger as much as Fergie. However, he is no :censored: licker.

I really would love to see Owen at our club. He's the best of British managers out there. He is very open to recruitment from overseas too. Which, i guess, would sit well with Commolli and his contacts.

The thought of the foreign big named managers scares me tbh. We cant afford these 3-5 year incomings of players, then sell the dead wood cycle. We really need to set our style and stamp on this great club once again.

For these reasons, i would love to see Coyle here.
boodiddy1

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:38 am

If you look at the other management teams within NESV they seem to like a young coach with an older guy in the background.  I think with Damian C in position it is very likely that we get a young manager like Coyle as our next manager as he fits the profile of what tjhey normally do.

Roy would never have been given the job if John W had been in charge.

Its going to be interesting.  I just hope that whoever is our next manager, all of the fans get behind him this time and make, what is a very hard job, a little easier!
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby anti-hero » Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:48 am

that was one of the best posts i've read in awhile.

thank you.

with that said, i think loew sounds like a good shout. we've always been known for our cohesiveness and discipline (back in rafa's heyday) and we've seen the results that can be produced by the team when we play that way. my only concern would be his decision making in the transfer market.
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Waldo » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:30 pm

Someone has already posted in the 'Roy Hodgson' thread that Loew and Deschamps are being 'actively pursued' by Commolli but I would agree with those who talk about Coyle as a potential new boss. Absolutely fits the profile what NESV and Commolli consistently preach and would be well placed person to galvanise a group of young players (again what we are being told is the way forward) and guide the club back to where we should be.

Don't get me wrong I would love to see a marquee type management appointment in the shape of Hiddink, Maureen or Van Gaal but I don't think its the way that NESV and Commolli will go with their plans for the club.
Waldo
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:47 pm

stmichael wrote:
crazyhorse wrote:Also, no mention yet of Martin O' neil. I do think he could do a job here.

if that guy ever set foot anywhere near anfiled i'd consider throwing myself under a bus.

I will be holding your hand when you do!
:nod
Thommo's perm

Postby stmichael » Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:26 pm

I'll throw Michael Laudrup's name into the ring aswell. Good age, and did a terrific job at Brondby, Getafe and Mallorca. His teams also like to play quick incisive pasing football with a high defensive line which is something we have been craving for ages. I've never known a Liverpool side defend as deep as we do at the moment.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby boodiddy1 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:29 pm

stmichael wrote:I'll throw Michael Laudrup's name into the ring aswell. Good age, and did a terrific job at Brondby, Getafe and Mallorca. His teams also like to play quick incisive pasing football with a high defensive line which is something we have been craving for ages. I've never known a Liverpool side defend as deep as we do at the moment.

Out of all the foreign managers, id have to agree with you on this. Laudrup would be a good choice. Loew is unproven at club level. The others mentioned would only be 2-4 year appointments.

However, im championing Owen Coyle. I truly believe this guy is the best appointment and has the all the acumen to become one of the great british managers.

I really want  a win today, but it could also be a get out of jail card for Roy. Mind you, after being so angry the other night, ive clamed down enough to also hope that he can change it around.

3 points today is whats needed first Roy.
boodiddy1

Postby loopyliverpool » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:15 pm

If Hiddink could be persuaded he would be my choice by a country mile.
loopyliverpool

Postby lakes10 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:13 pm

looks more like being MON if Roy is sacked.
dont matter who it is, untill we have better players in the team the results are still going to be about the same.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby TarnRed » Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:52 pm

lakes10 wrote:looks more like being MON if Roy is sacked.
dont matter who it is, untill we have better players in the team the results are still going to be about the same.

You got a source or are you just talking sh!te as per usual?.
TarnRed

Postby lakes10 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:53 pm

TarnRed wrote:
lakes10 wrote:looks more like being MON if Roy is sacked.

You got a source or are you just talking sh!te as per usual?.

happy new year to you too.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby boodiddy1 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:02 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/b/bolton_wanderers/9332492.stm

Listen to Owen Coyle. This lad lavished more praise on our 3 main pplayers than his own. Maybe he has been spoken to. Owen Coyle for me
boodiddy1

Postby Roger Red Hat » Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:37 am

thats the dilema though isnt it, do we plunge for an 'unexperiened relatively unknown manager' in the hope he actually continues to flourish or do we opt for someone more 'established'? I mean i'd hate to go for someone 'established' to then stand by and watch man utd take owen coyle when old red nose karks it for Coyle to flourish at Old tw@ttford and cement them up there for another 20 years or so.

it's a tough one that I am not qualified to decide on.

edit: spelling mistakes lol
Last edited by Roger Red Hat on Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:43 am

guardiola would be heaven sent,plays serious attacking football,would attract some quality signings(no bother retaining our own stars) and most likely if backed win the league within 5 yrs.
if he has only 6 months left on his deal with barca and nesv are looking for a young manager then they would be stupid if they havent sounded him out.
he has done great things with the youth at barca and so many have progressed to regular 1st team action,has helped build up a squad that could win la liga for the next 6 yrs straight.
id love to see guardiola and have paco ayesteran or kenny as coach.
hell yeah!!! :cool:.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion