Future managers

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby glenbuck patriot » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:43 pm

Weallliveinaperrygrovesworld wrote:No offence, but I could manage Barca and win a load of games
"Give the ball to Messi"
"Attack Attack"
and thats it.

We don;t need a manager who is used to winning. We need a manager with passion and hunger who the club can get behind, the players will respect and will play good football, thats not too much to ask.

Send them you're CV then Lad, bet Pep's cacking himself!
Pirrie Labour Club 1976 Bill Shankly Prize giving at local ABA Championships.

"You've been booked in to do a three round exhibition bout tonight Bill."

" My fights don't last three rounds SON!"
glenbuck patriot

Postby Weallliveinaperrygrovesworld » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:45 pm

glenbuck patriot wrote:
Weallliveinaperrygrovesworld wrote:No offence, but I could manage Barca and win a load of games
"Give the ball to Messi"
"Attack Attack"
and thats it.

We don;t need a manager who is used to winning. We need a manager with passion and hunger who the club can get behind, the players will respect and will play good football, thats not too much to ask.

Send them you're CV then Lad, bet Pep's cacking himself!

all I'm saying is that the Barca job is hardly the most testing in the world  :D
Weallliveinaperrygrovesworld

Postby glenbuck patriot » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:47 pm

We don't need a manager Who's used to Winning?

WTF do we need, Are you for real or What?

As a WUM mate you're in a League of you're own!

glenbuck patriot

Postby Thommo's perm » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:48 pm

This is the part that makes me laugh
Roy Hodgson, a manager with 36 years worth of experience abroad and at home with clubs in europe and international teams is "out of his depth" here because the "jobs too big"
Then Owen Coyles name gets mentioned as a serious contender.
Been in the job 5 minutes, won fu'ck all, got Burnley promoted, jumped ship and currently has Bolton in the top half of the table and suddenly hes the new messiah!
:laugh:
Thommo's perm

Postby Weallliveinaperrygrovesworld » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:51 pm

glenbuck patriot wrote:We don't need a manager Who's used to Winning?

im not a glory hunter... we need hunger more than some old boy looking for that last paycheck. like others have said, i want to plan for the next decade, not the next season.
Weallliveinaperrygrovesworld

Postby glenbuck patriot » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:04 pm

Weallliveinaperrygrovesworld wrote:
glenbuck patriot wrote:We don't need a manager Who's used to Winning?

im not a glory hunter... we need hunger more than some old boy looking for that last paycheck. like others have said, i want to plan for the next decade, not the next season.

Is wanting to win Glory Hunting?, define Glory Hunting, you've lost me on that one.

glenbuck patriot

Postby redhayesy » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:25 am

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:OWEN COYLE TOPS LIVERPOOL LIST

Owen Coyle last night emerged as the man Liverpool want to replace Roy Hodgson
7th January 2011 By Kevin Francis
BOLTON boss Owen Coyle last night emerged as the man Liverpool want to lead the club out of their nightmare.

With Roy Hodgson likely to be out of a job within days, the Scot has emerged as the front-runner to succeed him.

He shot to the top of the short-list after Marseille boss Didier Deschamps and former Barcelona coach Frank Rijkaard ruled themselves out.

Former manager Kenny Dalglish – an ambassador at the club – is the fans’ choice and Liverpool’s American owners are looking for a quick replacement.  He is likely to be turfed out after Sunday’s FA Cup clash at Manchester United.

The troubled Liverpool boss saw the words “Hodgson Out” daubed on the walls of the training ground yesterday.

The club’s bosses were ready to kick Hodgson into touch, but have decided to hang fire after Deschamps and Rijkaard ruled themselves out.

Deschamps led Marseille to their first French title in 18 years last year and also won the League Cup.

But last night he said: “When I talk about being the coach of Marseille in the new stadium, I mean it.

“It is an idea that pleases me. Now, 2014 is a very long way away in my profession.

“But I have said people should understand I am not a tramp. I proved it last year. I could have left.”

Rijkaard is unwilling to be parachuted into the job halfway through a season which is already going nowhere.

Now it is the name of the highly-regarded Coyle, whose team did so well despite losing at Anfield on Saturday, that is echoing in the Anfield corridors of powers......

mate, the game have moved on since the likes of you & me went week in,week out but fecking hell i'm not that much of a dinasour that only quality is good enough! that only quality,real quality is what stands you anyone in life in good stead etc.

please mate explain to me one reason-just one why Liverpool fc should sack roy hodgson who has so called 35 years experience in the game & then replace him with someone called Owen coyle! who has what experience- in what ever level of club football anyone cares to mention? cause i want roy out now mate! but don't give me a name as a manager just for the sake of it. cause that's all you are doing with mentioning owen coyle!

he isn't even a name i would mention,let alone be linked with the job of replacing roy,cause right now we as a FC need a man who is capable of handling the presure,a man who is capable of guiding the team,directing the team,motivating the team,making the team into playing football -to feet etc not fecking hoof & run etc. mate if anyone thinks that our future in this way or thinks that owen coyle will bring future success -please think again -please!

this isn't funny anymore & anyone who really,really thinks that owen coyle is the answer to our prays- please think again!

words fail me- but this forum is all about opinions,so be it- & thats why i'd love to debate with anyone who after serious contanblation ,thought etc thinks that owen coyle is the man to lead our FC to future success in the league & Europe let alone the F.A CUP please let's have a discussion!

it just goes to show folks after 35 years experience in football managment,the man has finally met his match-what a fecking joke! so what makes anyone think after 5 mins in the job owen coyle will make us great once more!

king kenny did -cause he had breeding- he was educacated into the 'Liverpool way' thats why -before people mention that one.

lets just debate please on the subject at hand.
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby boodiddy1 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:15 am

redhayesy wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:OWEN COYLE TOPS LIVERPOOL LIST

Owen Coyle last night emerged as the man Liverpool want to replace Roy Hodgson
7th January 2011 By Kevin Francis
BOLTON boss Owen Coyle last night emerged as the man Liverpool want to lead the club out of their nightmare.

With Roy Hodgson likely to be out of a job within days, the Scot has emerged as the front-runner to succeed him.

He shot to the top of the short-list after Marseille boss Didier Deschamps and former Barcelona coach Frank Rijkaard ruled themselves out.

Former manager Kenny Dalglish – an ambassador at the club – is the fans’ choice and Liverpool’s American owners are looking for a quick replacement.  He is likely to be turfed out after Sunday’s FA Cup clash at Manchester United.

The troubled Liverpool boss saw the words “Hodgson Out” daubed on the walls of the training ground yesterday.

The club’s bosses were ready to kick Hodgson into touch, but have decided to hang fire after Deschamps and Rijkaard ruled themselves out.

Deschamps led Marseille to their first French title in 18 years last year and also won the League Cup.

But last night he said: “When I talk about being the coach of Marseille in the new stadium, I mean it.

“It is an idea that pleases me. Now, 2014 is a very long way away in my profession.

“But I have said people should understand I am not a tramp. I proved it last year. I could have left.”

Rijkaard is unwilling to be parachuted into the job halfway through a season which is already going nowhere.

Now it is the name of the highly-regarded Coyle, whose team did so well despite losing at Anfield on Saturday, that is echoing in the Anfield corridors of powers......

mate, the game have moved on since the likes of you & me went week in,week out but fecking hell i'm not that much of a dinasour that only quality is good enough! that only quality,real quality is what stands you anyone in life in good stead etc.

please mate explain to me one reason-just one why Liverpool fc should sack roy hodgson who has so called 35 years experience in the game & then replace him with someone called Owen coyle! who has what experience- in what ever level of club football anyone cares to mention? cause i want roy out now mate! but don't give me a name as a manager just for the sake of it. cause that's all you are doing with mentioning owen coyle!

he isn't even a name i would mention,let alone be linked with the job of replacing roy,cause right now we as a FC need a man who is capable of handling the presure,a man who is capable of guiding the team,directing the team,motivating the team,making the team into playing football -to feet etc not fecking hoof & run etc. mate if anyone thinks that our future in this way or thinks that owen coyle will bring future success -please think again -please!

this isn't funny anymore & anyone who really,really thinks that owen coyle is the answer to our prays- please think again!

words fail me- but this forum is all about opinions,so be it- & thats why i'd love to debate with anyone who after serious contanblation ,thought etc thinks that owen coyle is the man to lead our FC to future success in the league & Europe let alone the F.A CUP please let's have a discussion!

it just goes to show folks after 35 years experience in football managment,the man has finally met his match-what a fecking joke! so what makes anyone think after 5 mins in the job owen coyle will make us great once more!

king kenny did -cause he had breeding- he was educacated into the 'Liverpool way' thats why -before people mention that one.

lets just debate please on the subject at hand.

So you're saying that Liverpool doesnt have the right to appoint a manager with potential? Like Porto did with Mourinho and now Boas. Like Barca did with Guardiola? Hell, like Liverpool did with Shankly, Dalglish and Sir Bob!

Arsenal did with Wenger, he'd only managed the principality.

What you wanting?? the old guard. Capello?? Ancelotti?? Van Gaal??

All these types of appointments will be 2-3 years max. Then what?? We rebuild again, and again and again!!

No one can be certain of who will be a success, (if any) but im confident that Coyle could do a job aswell as Kropp, Boas, MON, etc with a good solid platform and blueprint for the future.

This :censored: that if we dont win owt in next few years then the club will never get back is :censored:. Man Poo 26 years FFS. Barca weren't in Europe 7 years ago.

Its gonna take time for us to get this house in order and the new owners seem to see that. Spurs went for youth 5 years ago and now are looking to reap rewards.

Patience is what i thought this club had. Not anymore. Too many sound like a typical toon, west ham fan. To me, it makes me feel sick.
boodiddy1

Postby dawson99 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:10 pm

Its official, KK to take over, dunno if permanent or more likely til end of season
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:48 pm

i don't think for a minute that we should be considering the coyles, the holloways, or the lamberts for the managerial position at liverpool in the near future. what makes me feel good though, is that there is a bunch of talented and hungry young british managers coming through right now. maybe in a few seasons time if one of them has really begun to cement his reputation it would be time to bring a british manager back to the club, and i would love to see that.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion