FULHAM VS LIVERPOOL - 4 april 09- 17:15 k.o.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Bermenstein » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:50 am

You could say that all the games left from now till the end of the season are big games, with nerves and end of season fatigue kicking in now. I just hope the Liverpool players have the added adrenalin and that extra hunger over  Man Utd & Chelsea to see them over the line.
Hopefully our players will come out from the internationals unscathed, so we can hopefully continue where we left off.

It would be nice to see if we can keep the steam roller out and just keep winning in style.

Fulham 1-2 Liverpool
Bermenstein
LFC Super Member

Postby Bad Bob » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:00 am

Berm does the business again.  I like our chances. :blues:
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Greavesie » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:27 am

well, I'm approaching this game with some pessimism in all honesty, a side we struggled to break down at Anfield and they've already beaten Man U, Arsenal ad Chelsea on their own patch. I'm gonna say a draw, hope to God I'm wrong
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby RobinHood6969 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:03 am

A potential title decider IMO
RobinHood6969

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:18 am

how have we fared coming off international breaks so far this campaign?

Beat United and Wigan. Drew with Fulham  :(
JoeTerp

Postby Sabre » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:17 am

Greavesie wrote:well, I'm approaching this game with some pessimism in all honesty, a side we struggled to break down at Anfield and they've already beaten Man U, Arsenal ad Chelsea on their own patch. I'm gonna say a draw, hope to God I'm wrong

But Bermenstein has opened the thread! Cheer up!

It's interesting that Fulham got his victory at Old Trafford after three defeats.

I remember Toshack once saying that after a bliiip one of the ways to motivate your players it to wind up them saying they haven't got a chance. I guess that's the tactic their manager used when he said that Liverpool could not expect much of them.

I'm quite optimistic to be honest, but terribly impatient. I can't wait!
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RobinHood6969 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:44 am

Sabre wrote:
Greavesie wrote:well, I'm approaching this game with some pessimism in all honesty, a side we struggled to break down at Anfield and they've already beaten Man U, Arsenal ad Chelsea on their own patch. I'm gonna say a draw, hope to God I'm wrong

But Bermenstein has opened the thread! Cheer up!

It's interesting that Fulham got his victory at Old Trafford after three defeats.

I remember Toshack once saying that after a bliiip one of the ways to motivate your players it to wind up them saying they haven't got a chance. I guess that's the tactic their manager used when he said that Liverpool could not expect much of them.

I'm quite optimistic to be honest, but terribly impatient. I can't wait!

:D yeah me too.. its been a boring weekend  :(
RobinHood6969

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:59 am

I'll tell you one thing, I bet Danny Murphy won't be as charged for a win as when they played Man Utd.

I'm actually really confident for once. As long as Rafa doesn't tinker with the team too much there shoudl be no hurdle to overcome. I'll go as far as saying as long as the following start, we should win comfortably:

Carragher, Mascherano, Alonso, Gerrard and Torres.

If that 'backbone' remains consistent throughout the rest of the season, I can't see any problems.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:05 am

We always play awful on Setanta but surely we should be full of confidence going into this. Play the team that beat Aston Villa the other day (our strongest eleven) and there's no way Fulham can beat us imo.

It'll be a really tough game though. Fulham have beaten United and Arsenal at home and drawn with Chelsea.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Owzat » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:40 am

stmichael wrote:We always play awful on Setanta but surely we should be full of confidence going into this. Play the team that beat Aston Villa the other day (our strongest eleven) and there's no way Fulham can beat us imo.

It'll be a really tough game though. Fulham have beaten United and Arsenal at home and drawn with Chelsea.

Rafa has a patchy record against Fulham at theirs, won two and lost two of the previous visits. Wasn't our first win there under him a 0-2 down at half-time job? (won 4-2) That said we've not drawn away at Fulham in the Premiership, P7 W4 D0 L3 our overall record.

Last season our 31st game was away to the mancs, but the good news is our record in game 31 in the Premiership is pretty darn good  - P16 W11 D1 L4 - and we've only won more often on games 10 & 18 which we've already played this season so can be equalled.

But we've still the small matter of midweek first, could well play on Rafa's mind and affect selection. Maybe even distance travelled will weigh on Rafa's mind :-

01/04/09

Turkey vs SPAIN
Bolivia vs ARGENTINA
BRAZIL vs Peru

We've a fairly hefty contingent from those three countries - Torres, Alonso, Reina, Riera, Arbeloa, Aurelio, Lucas, Insua and Mascherano - even if players travel and don't play. Turkey isn't that far, but there isn't much further to travel than Turkey in UEFA - except Israel (!) and the former Russian states.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:15 am

I don't think we have any Brazilians in the national team set up for this go around.
JoeTerp

Postby Ace Ventura » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:16 am

Owzat wrote:
stmichael wrote:We always play awful on Setanta but surely we should be full of confidence going into this. Play the team that beat Aston Villa the other day (our strongest eleven) and there's no way Fulham can beat us imo.

Rafa has a patchy record against Fulham at theirs, won two and lost two of the previous visits. Wasn't our first win there under him a 0-2 down at half-time job? (won 4-2) That said we've not drawn away at Fulham in the Premiership, P7 W4 D0 L3 our overall record.

Last season our 31st game was away to the mancs, but the good news is our record in game 31 in the Premiership is pretty darn good  - P16 W11 D1 L4 - and we've only won more often on games 10 & 18 which we've already played this season so can be equalled.

But we've still the small matter of midweek first, could well play on Rafa's mind and affect selection. Maybe even distance travelled will weigh on Rafa's mind :-

01/04/09

Turkey vs SPAIN
Bolivia vs ARGENTINA
BRAZIL vs Peru

We've a fairly hefty contingent from those three countries - Torres, Alonso, Reina, Riera, Arbeloa, Aurelio, Lucas, Insua and Mascherano - even if players travel and don't play. Turkey isn't that far, but there isn't much further to travel than Turkey in UEFA - except Israel (!) and the former Russian states.

Is Aurellio in the Brazil squad ?

I didnt know that if he is.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:18 am

Owzat wrote:

01/04/09

Turkey vs SPAIN
Bolivia vs ARGENTINA
BRAZIL vs Peru

Brazil played Ecuador didn't they? Anyway they drew 1-1. Unless of course they have another game midweek.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:22 am

N'Gog plays against England U21

Agger, Yossi, Skrtel, Gerrard, Dossena, Kuyt, and Hyypia could all play midweek as well

and Insua is not in the full Argentina side last I checked
JoeTerp

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:26 am

apparently Hyypia got injured against Wales and is not playing in the midweek friendly
JoeTerp

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion