Fulham-liverpool - So far

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kazza » Sat Oct 16, 2004 4:52 pm

Wow, what a game!
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kindaconfused » Sat Oct 16, 2004 4:54 pm

I think I'll just have to take me foot out of me mouth :D
Bribery in football helps oil the wheels, the managers take it and the fans pay for it!
Kindaconfuzed and Biffa are not allowed to post.
Biffa is me mate!
Free Dom in the Forum
kindaconfused
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zardd » Sat Oct 16, 2004 5:02 pm

totally different game when alonso came on...and even when josemi got red, our team shape is way much better than the first half. we played with much more commitment even when we are down 1 men, fulham doesn't seem able to take any advantage from it. and what a goal from biscan!!!
zardd

Postby azriahmad » Sat Oct 16, 2004 5:04 pm

Biscan scoring a goal, not just any scrambled goal, mind you, but a well sidefooted goal high into the net! I thought I'd never see this day coming...:D
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Sat Oct 16, 2004 5:10 pm

Good victory after playing so poorly and having to graft hard to come from behind and score. Never mind that we had two deflections assisting us in getting the goals. Sometimes a turn of good fortunes is all we needed to get a tremendous lift.

So good this kind of turn around in the second half of the same game after a dreadful first half. This would do very well for the lads' confidence.

On the minus side, Traore - I really get worried when the ball comes to him with an opponent challenging. Too many times he'd clear but give the abll away cheaply. In the air, he'd lose challenges far too easily. Another rhing is Cisse, supposedly pace and power. So far, we have only seen glimpses of pace but no power at all. Power is like Drogba, terrorrising defenders in every challenge. Even Owen can challenge defenders better than him. Don't get me wrong, he may be skillful but his application is terribly poor for 14 million quid. He is becoming typical of Houllier's signings - way overpriced and not much effective.

I hope he gets on to prove me wrong, for Liverpool's sake.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby spud » Sat Oct 16, 2004 5:10 pm

Great post, good fun, well done.

:D
spud

Postby akumaface » Sat Oct 16, 2004 6:05 pm

Man, the satelite signal was disrupted here in Hong Kong and missed the first half completely, by the time the second half start, I was shocked to see we were down by 2 goals. I was thinking "here we go again" but luckily and I really mean luckily, we got two lucky goals. I think this might be the turning point of the season and may start a winning streak somehow. But why Diao in the first half really beats me....its not like we have points in hand to waste. Warnock should also start and I'm sure he is a much more natural left midfielder than Riise. Rafa should have set his starting eleven by now and let them play rather than experimenting. If we lost tonight, it would be points we regret to lose later in the season.
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby Santa » Sat Oct 16, 2004 8:44 pm

Was Kewell dropped or injured?
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:07 pm

kindaconfused wrote:Redrider

Raf never had the plot see one of my first ever posts which was the difference between what he says and what goes on on the pitch which lead to my doubts!

I know all you dreamers on the forum will come to his defence but all I can say is dream on guys! When you complain please explain (specifically) what he's trying to do, I for one don't undrstand it!

I'll eat my post if he turns it round!

eat.  :angry:
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:07 pm

Santa wrote:Was Kewell dropped or injured?

dropped after on arriving bak on friday  :cool:
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:40 pm

Kinda, Does Biffa do the Post eating ?
I have got to say I am as pleasantly surprised as you with the result. I was so pessed off at half time I went off out for a pint and walked into my local to find they had the game on a French Satellite TV Channel. I just arrived in time to see Josemi being sent off and thought that was it !! I didn't know we had equalised by then, and as they say 'the rest is history'
But what was Rafa up to playing Diao in midfield ? Why wasn't Alonso on from the start ?
Anyway, great result, I could not see them coming back from 2-0 down, so I am well impressed by their spirit. When was the last time we came back to win from a losing position at half time ?
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC #1 » Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:42 pm

Redrider wrote:When was the last time we came back to win from a losing position at half time ?

Man City at Anfield this season, Anelka scored on HT and we scored 2 in the 2nd half to win 2-1.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:53 pm

LFC,this comeback was far greater than the one against City. This comeback was on the road.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Architect » Sun Oct 17, 2004 1:44 am

The roving Egyptian eye of Al Fayed has been known to be quite fond of the odd beauty - but it was the travelling Liverpool fans rather than the Fulham chairman who were licking their lips with a delightful beauty from Alonso that put us 3-2 up.

When our Spanish matador Signor Alonso was brought on in the second half, he was different class, displaying some wonderful vision and passing.

After a couple of years playing at Loftus Road, Fulham returned to their spiritual home this season, with the old terraces now replaced with seats. Some great names have played for the club down the years - including Bobby Moore, Johnny Haynes and Bobby Robson.

The famous cottage itself is Grade Two listed, and fortunately has been preserved for future generations.

In the second half, some of Alonso's passing flowed as freely as the River Thames, where the ground lies.

A rare goal from Biscan in injury time wrapped up the proceedings.

I thoroughly enjoyed my spot of 'cottaging' on Saturday.

In fact, Alonso's goal was better than sex...  :;):
Architect

Postby The_Rock » Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:04 am

Man ...... what can i say ?

when we were losing 2-0, i switched off my tv. When i log-on here, i expected to see threads calling for rafa's head.

Imagine my suprise when i am reading that we won 4-2. Never would i have thought we can come back from 2-0 down from half-time & win this game.

Well done lads. I don't really want to see traore & diao play for us anymore. Apart from that, i was happy.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion