Friday's questions - Famous five

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:32 pm

Well it's nearly the weekend guys so like I posted a couple of weeks back, here are five questions which I'd like you all to answer as honestly as possible.

1. The arrival of which one player from Liverpool’s history would give the biggest improvement to the current squad?

2. The converse question. The Liverpool side that beat Nottingham Forest 5-0 in April 1988 was widely acclaimed to be the best ever. The line-up was: Grobbelaar; Ablett, Gillespie, Hansen, Nicol; Barnes, Spackman, McMahon, Houghton; Beardsley, Aldridge. Which player from the current squad would have given the biggest improvement to that team?

3. Is there a company you find so repugnant that, if they came in to sponsor the Liverpool jersey, it would make you abandon following LFC?

4. In the 10 years starting from next season, how many Premiership titles do you think Liverpool will win? And Chelsea? Man United? Arsenal?

5. If a Liverpool player was found guilty of the sort of act that Steve Finnan has been accused of this week (not just racism: any crime that provokes a strong emotional reaction), could you support that player if he returned to the squad after serving whatever punishment was imposed?
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 112-1077774096 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:36 pm

1. The arrival of which one player from Liverpool’s history would give the biggest improvement to the current squad?

Ian Rush

2. The converse question. The Liverpool side that beat Nottingham Forest 5-0 in April 1988 was widely acclaimed to be the best ever. The line-up was: Grobbelaar; Ablett, Gillespie, Hansen, Nicol; Barnes, Spackman, McMahon, Houghton; Beardsley, Aldridge. Which player from the current squad would have given the biggest improvement to that team?

Carragher instead of Ablett

3. Is there a company you find so repugnant that, if they came in to sponsor the Liverpool jersey, it would make you abandon following LFC?

Manchester United PLC

4. In the 10 years starting from next season, how many Premiership titles do you think Liverpool will win? And Chelsea? Man United? Arsenal?

LFC  3 and i dont care who wins the others

5. If a Liverpool player was found guilty of the sort of act that Steve Finnan has been accused of this week (not just racism: any crime that provokes a strong emotional reaction), could you support that player if he returned to the squad after serving whatever punishment was imposed?

yes
112-1077774096

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:40 pm

1.  Ian Rush
2.  Gerrard, Carragher, Alonso
3.  NO.... 2 seasons ago I would say Manchester Utd PLC
4.  Liverpool 4, Chelsea 2, Man U 2, Arsenal 0, Newcastle 2   :O   !!
5.  Probably, Loyalty is a very strong emotion
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby neil » Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:56 pm

1   a young robbie fowler
2   not true, thus void question( the more astute among us would've pointed out that the 1977-83 teams where in fact alot better than the example posed in the question)
3  those tabloid types
4   lfc=7  chelsea=1 arsenal=1  man u=0  leyton orient=1
5  yes
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1139928290 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:13 pm

el macca...playing on the probematic right side :cool:

cisse

Osama Bin Laden and Co LTD

Liverpool -5,chelsea -1,manunited -1,arsenal -2,west ham -1

whats the finnan story?if he's a racist,no i wouldnt support him(its like asking,if you knew your friend was a devil worshipper,would still maintain that friendship?)...if he is a victim of circumstances,then its only logical that we all give im our full support
115-1139928290

Postby laza » Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:46 pm

1. Dalglish

2. Dont agree thats the best side but Gerrard in for Spackman

3. Amways  :D

4. Same as Peewee's answer

5. Yes
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:47 pm

solja_slim wrote:2. The converse question. The Liverpool side that beat Nottingham Forest 5-0 in April 1988 was widely acclaimed to be the best ever. The line-up was: Grobbelaar; Ablett, Gillespie, Hansen, Nicol; Barnes, Spackman, McMahon, Houghton; Beardsley, Aldridge. Which player from the current squad would have given the biggest improvement to that team?

cisse

Are you being serious or just on another one of you tiresome windups  ? .

In your opinion, Cisse would be the most significant improvement ,replacing Beardsley or Aldridge ? whereas Gerrard or Alonso would not have been an even bigger improvement in midfield and the team at that time ? .

:laugh:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Morth » Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:59 pm

stmichael wrote:Well it's nearly the weekend guys so like I posted a couple of weeks back, here are five questions which I'd like you all to answer as honestly as possible.

1) Ian Rush.  Would sort out our goalscoring problems wouldn't it?

2) Steven Gerrard.  Forget for a second that he's already a red legend.  Forget his drive, forget his shot, his passing, his death defying tackles and defensive runs.  Just concider that he could play anywhere in that lineup.  A true footballing genius.

3) No.  It could be Manchester United ™ sponsoring us, I'd just pinch my eyes a bit so it blurred out.  I'm a kopite 'til the day I'm beaten to a bloody pulp by a 2by4

4) 10 years?  Well, I can see Maureen going in the future, if not this year, then in the next 2-3.  His football is...well it sucks the fun out of the game really.  I can also see Chelsea turning into a "shy away" club for the new hot talents as they're packed with expensive internationals.  I'll give it 2-3 years or so til we get to the point where we can get the title (Yes, I'm a pesemist, or a realist, whatever you'd like.  :grinning: ) Then, I think our new stopper, Agger, will turn into the new hot thing in European defending, and we'll go on to win it two years in a row.  When the golden generation of Carra and Gerrard get too old, I think we'll struggle to fill t heir shoes, but we'll win it 1 or 2 more times.  So 4. (Where'd the pesimist go?  :pirate )

5) A red wouldn't.  A red doing that is no longer a red.  Bugger off, whoever you are.  That is not fit for anywhere, and when you're the rolemodel for so many kids, don't even fu.cking think about it.  I'd release him right away.  ( If it was true, that is.)
Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?
I'm half way through my FISH burger and I realize, Oh my God...
I could be eating a slow learner!

http://www.kopites.net  -  Regularly updated LFC clips and pictures.
Morth

Postby redmikey » Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:24 pm

1. owen

2.gerrard

3.bodyform (it wouldn't stop me supporting the club but i wouldn't buy the strip)

4. 1-10 i don't care as long as we win it

5. depends on the crime anything to do with kids no.. everything else probly
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:27 pm

1. Rushie.

2. Either Carragher for Gillepsie or Alonso for Spackman - tough call. I'll go for Alonso, he'd've been fantastic in that side.

3. The S*n

4. I'd like to think we'd win 3 but hard to say. Chelsea will win the majority though.

5. It's a tough call and would depend on the circumstances.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby AlanHansen » Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:31 pm

stmichael wrote:Well it's nearly the weekend guys so like I posted a couple of weeks back, here are five questions which I'd like you all to answer as honestly as possible.

1. Rushie

2. Reina or Gerrard

3. I've alway had a thing against Sharp after they sponsered the scum.

4. 2 or more if we can hold onto Rafa

5. No, Liverpool players have a standard to uphold, I won't defend Cisse any more for example.
AlanHansen

Postby the_red_alonso » Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:41 pm

1.I would bring the whole team,if u can bring one from past why not all eleven.
2.Hamann
3.Durex
4.Liverpool-3,Chelsea-3,Man U-2,Bolton-2
the_red_alonso
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gareth G » Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:02 pm

I'd go with:

1. Ian Rush.
2. Steve Gerrard.
3. The S*n.
4. I can see us winning three, four top's or possibly even more. As for the rest, I think Chelsea will take another two or three, I believe more and more team's will wake up to them and learn how to play against their tactic's. Also I think Abromovic will get bored. I'm not sure about the other two, but it's possible for them to win a couple between them. I'll probably be laughed at, but I can see Blackburn doing well in the next few year's, maybe not title challenging material, but certainly in the mix to rough it up a bit.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GunGod » Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:11 pm

3: Roman's Oil Company.
GunGod

Postby Redman in wales » Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:11 pm

1. Rush  :bowdown 

2. Both Stevie G and Carra for Spackman & Ablett

3. no lfc through and through

4. 3. Chelski to win first couple but then every player starts avoiding them as they will be like swp - a £20m bench warmer then we fight it out with the manure alternate titles for 5 years... then.... hmmm..feck it. we win em all.....

5. Does depend on the crime... but if its doing a 'big ron Atkinson' - one slip of the tongue - probably yes but wouldnt be too happy with him... if its something more serious... he wouldnt be at LFC.

Its a difficult one cause anything like that - that serious - would be dealt with internally. Like racism. If there was a proper-full-on racist at LFC and he told all to the press... he wouldnt be on our books anymore...

Any more serious crimes (GBH kiidyfiddling or convicted of doing smack for example) he'd be doing time and prob wouldnt play for us again
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion