Free money.......fowler to be championship top....

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Dundalk » Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:04 pm

Red wrote:he will almost start every game for cardiff unless he gets injured,

well if thats the case then the bet might be okay
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:37 pm

He is certainly biggish at 33's or anything like it, especially if as Daws' pointed out it's 1/4 the odds the first four. It would really depend on how Cardiff go as a team I would have thought. If they are up there,not only will they be creating more chances but Robbie will be riding on a tidal wave, bang up for every game and will no doubt score heavily. It would be hard to imagine him being up for a game at Stockport Away though if they are lounging around in mid-table.

My own pick (and I have no idea what price he is although I would assume he is short) would be Marlon King. I saw him play at Palace in the play-offs eighteen months or so ago and he was extremely impressive. He and Ashley Young were obviously capable of moving up to a higher standard and prospering, and the centre forward left the abiding impression that he would trouble many a Premiership defence with his pace and power.

Unfortunately for him and Watford of course he missed the entire season with injury. Once they had sold Young, and King was out they were always destined to return to the Championship buti f fit, King will be devastating back in that division. For those who haven't seen him play, he reminds me very much of a young Stan Collymore (who despite being a fruitloop was actually a very talented player) and my suspicion is that one day, a club such as Everton or Villa will take a chance on him. Like I say, don't know the odds but anything around 8 or 9 to one would be value I would've thought, but he may well be shorter.
Last edited by bigmick on Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion