Frank lampard and stevie g

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Rimetto » Fri Apr 23, 2004 8:37 am

I've just read this on the BBc website. What a buy he would be. Him and stevie in the middle. What does everyone think would he come to us?

Chelsea midfielder Frank Lampard has reportedly had his demands for a long-term contract refused amid interest from Italian giants Inter Milan.
Lampard, outstanding this season, still has two years left on his current deal.

But negotiations over a new, improved contract have stalled according to the player's agent, Steve Kutner.

"Talks have stopped because the club said that they could not agree to the terms which we were looking for," Kutner told the Daily Mail.
Rimetto
LFC Elite Member

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Apr 23, 2004 8:47 am

Love to see him in our midfield.
I wonder what "terms" he's lookinf for ???

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Rimetto » Fri Apr 23, 2004 8:54 am

I'd think we'd get him for around 10M. Do you know how much they paid for him? and what he's on a week?

I think if we want to start challenging for not only the premiership but also for the top players in the game then we need to pay the money other clubs do.

Owen is asking for 90k then give it to him, he is worth that and more to us not only on the pitch but also as a pull for other players. If we let owen leave then i think top players will overlook us because we are not willing to pay the wages and also we'll look like a team that is happy to fight for 4th.
Rimetto
LFC Elite Member

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Apr 23, 2004 9:05 am

Don't know the details of Lampards move to chelsea , fee /wages etc.
Totally agree about our need to show real ambition by keeping our best players even if it means paying BIG money.
Of course we should also remember what happend to Leeds.

When you look at the sh*t Foolier has bought with the millions given to him you wonder how the board could even trust him with the tea money.
:(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby dawson99 » Fri Apr 23, 2004 9:11 am

I cant see that happening, he cost 11 million fromWest Ham and hes now Chelseas best player, in my opinion hed cost a minimum 15 million. Most papers now say that Lampard is going to Milan with Van der Meyde going the other way. He would have been a top buy though.
There are a lot of quality midfielders out there, we just cant seem to find any of them lately ???
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rimetto » Fri Apr 23, 2004 9:11 am

yeah and they've just given him 30M for the summer which really worry's me.

I hear what your saying about the Leeds senario and if we fail to get CL this year and next we might just be going that way.

Someone mentioned on another post that if the results go a certain way the wekend there would be 4pts between 4th and 11th. If we don't get something out of the game the weekend then we could be playing intertoto next season never mind CL
Rimetto
LFC Elite Member

Postby zackboxer » Fri Apr 23, 2004 9:12 am

I think Chelsea paid about 8m (??) for him and is apparently on about £35k a week.

Him and Gerrard in the middle would be superb but if Chelsea let him go they'd be plenty of interest in him and I can't see him coming to Anfield to be honest.
zackboxer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rimetto » Fri Apr 23, 2004 9:21 am

If he came to us i think it would do his England carrer a world of good. He could establish a midfield partnership with Stevie.

I think we should break the bank to try and get him. To often to we buy unproven foreign players that never turn out to produce the goods. I'd go as far as saying we should use most of the 30M in trying to get him. He is a player that could change the shape of our team for the good and also will take away the pressure to always create from Stevie G.
Rimetto
LFC Elite Member

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Apr 23, 2004 9:30 am

Who would you take Cisse or Lampard ? assuming we could only afford one of them .
Personally i'd take Lampard. Him and Stevie G would make a fantastic midfield pairing.:)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Rimetto » Fri Apr 23, 2004 10:58 am

Lampard straight away. We know that he can play in the premiership and at a high level. Cisse will be a good player for us but he's another one that we'll probably have to wait for him to adjust.
Rimetto
LFC Elite Member

Postby JBG » Fri Apr 23, 2004 10:59 am

Lampard as a replacement for Hamman would be excellent, although I think Chelsea will bow to his demands and give him what he wants.

Its an absolute joke to think that Veron earns twice as much as Lampard at Chelsea.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Apr 23, 2004 2:11 pm

Looks like they are NOT gonna give him what he wants.
I wish our club had the balls to chase him. :)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby stmichael » Fri Apr 23, 2004 2:12 pm

he's not french. he's got no chance of playing for us unless he changes his nationality. :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby ICE-MAN » Fri Apr 23, 2004 2:23 pm

lampard cost 11m, and he will never go to inter, liverpool would be somewhere he would go to cos he's english etc. we could get him with a bit of luck.

his negotiations have stalled cos chelsea are supposed to be getting emerson from roma in the summer and with makele geremi veron etc at chelsea and the imminent arrival of a new foreign manager who might not be aware of his talents, the stall is because he wants to be assured of his future at the club nothing to do with money etc, we could match his wages and guarantee him a starting place week in week out!

he would be a fantastic signing for us!

oh yeah, houllier does not have 30m to spend in the summer, just read an interview and he said he knows nothing about it and its all speculation!

we could however get lampard if parry sticks to his word of looking to do whatever possible to drive liverpool forward! that would also guarantee owen staying here :cool:
ICE-MAN

Postby oldredeyes » Fri Apr 23, 2004 3:35 pm

I agree! Lampard would be superb in the middle with Stevie, but I think the hype is being created by Lampards agent who wants to get the boy a much better deal at Chelsea and bring him in line with the other 'stars'.
He certainly has been the outstanding player for Chelsea this season - alongside Terry (Wouldn't mind seeing both of them in a red shirt )......dream on eh!
oldredeyes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion