Frank lampard and stevie g

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ICE-MAN » Fri Apr 23, 2004 4:49 pm

IL BE DEFINITELY DREAMING OF THAT, LAMPARD AND TERRY WOULD SERIOUSLY PUT US BACK IN CONTENTION FOR THE LEAGUE! :cool:
ICE-MAN

Postby swiss_kopite » Fri Apr 23, 2004 5:53 pm

stmichael wrote:he's not french. he's got no chance of playing for us unless he changes his nationality. :D

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D
swiss_kopite

Postby DrLiverpool » Fri Apr 23, 2004 7:23 pm

Chelsea might want to sell him with all the midfielders that they have and probably more coming in the summer.
But his there best player and has formed a great partnership with Makelele + he starts almost every game.
I like many would love to see him in a red shirt (of Liverpool , obviously). If Chelsea did decide to sell him there would be a lot of competition. Arsenal need c.mid to partner vieira and united need someone to partner scholes with keane not as good as before also rumours he'll leave also a lot of other clubs will want him.
He like many of our transfer targets would depend on finishing fourth if Mexes doesnt want to come to us if we dont qualify for CL then why would Lampard ? If we only got Lampard for 15mil and Mexes for 5mil I'd be happy.
I was surprised to hear he only earns 35k but hey chelsea werent always rich. We could give him twice that and maybe a bit more just to get him here. It would be great if we did....

Cisse or lampard ? :D what a funny question LAMPARD

I really dont think Liverpool will go for him or Chelsea would be willing to let him go but we can hope and pray.......
*I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong*
DrLiverpool
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby XSD » Fri Apr 23, 2004 8:05 pm

With Kirkland, Gerrard, Owen, Heskey, Lampard we'd be half way to the English first 11 (calamity James can't stay ahead of Kirkland for long). It wasn't that long ago since the whole England midfield were Liverpool players. Anyway, lets hope it happens :)
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DrLiverpool » Fri Apr 23, 2004 8:09 pm

I hope:
                           KIRKLAND
                    HYYPIA       MEXES
          FINNAN                           RIISE 
                   GERRARD   LAMPARD
           DIOUF                           KEWELL
                     OWEN    BAROS

maybe van der meyde instead of Diouf and will be laughing but even with the team above we'd be laughing.
*I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong*
DrLiverpool
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Steele » Sat Apr 24, 2004 2:21 pm

Geez..
LMAO
U lot are in Dreamland.

Have a little think about it for a moment. He has his whole future ahead of him, and is touted to be one of the first on the teamsheet at Euro 2004. He is going to finsish the season as Chelsea's best player and will be looking to (key word here) "Progress"

With the current Liverpool form, and the prospect (and likelyhood) of no CL next season, a decidely suspect manager  and the possibility of Internationals leaving. Why would he come here?

C'mon seriously, i have supported liverpool for 30 years, but i am also able to view the current situation without drifting off into dreamland.

Wake up! we are not a force to be reckoned with anymore. And one player is not going to change that!

I
Steele

Postby Dalglish » Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:06 am

I agree with Steels, there is NO chance that Lampard will come no matter what money we offered !!!!! A move out of London and possibly no CL make this transfer speculation just that ...speculation !

Whatever happened to that other promising midfielder Carrick whe these two were at West ham together ?

However we might be able to capture Joe Cole as he has been a bit part player at chelsea since he joined and might be surplus to requirements once Moreno steps in .....
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:15 am

Cole would be the right and best option. Lampard isn't a better player than Hamann.

We need to improve other areas first and foremost.

Right Wing, Centre Back and Centre Forward. Then get a play maker to play with Stevey.
115-1073096938

Postby Dalglish » Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:20 am

Hamann's the most under rated Player at LFC  in my opinion. Joe Cole would give us that bit extra at right Midfield and he's possibly one of the top 3 most skillful players in the prem. Right mid has beena  problem all season mainly cos Danny has been under par coompared to last season.
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:29 am

Personally i'm on about Cole in the centre. He isn't a winger. But as i said thats not a priority.

I'd like to see Pennant brought in on the right, Cole in the middle, Cisse upfront and i don't know of a defender. Maybe Mexes if he's as good as people say.... i'm not convinced from the little i've seen though.

Owen       Cisse

Kewell       Cole        Gerrard     Pennant

Riise       Hyypia     Carragher   Finnan

Kirkland

Mexes replacing Carragher if he's good enough.
115-1073096938

Postby Dalglish » Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:34 am

Pennant's been superb in a struggling Leeds side, he impresed me when they played at Anfield this season.

I'm a  little in the dark regarding Mexes too but whats happened to the lad at Forest ? Dawson ? I heard his form has suffered this season , maybe the transfer talk or the financial posituon at Forest has got to him.

Did you see the Marseiles right Back by the way ? Ferrare or something , he impressed me but two games aren't everything.
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:44 am

Pennant's been superb in a struggling Leeds side, he impresed me when they played at Anfield this season.

I'm a  little in the dark regarding Mexes too but whats happened to the lad at Forest ? Dawson ? I heard his form has suffered this season , maybe the transfer talk or the financial posituon at Forest has got to him.

Did you see the Marseiles right Back by the way ? Ferrare or something , he impressed me but two games aren't everything.

Pennant has looked impressive ever since i saw him for the under 21's a few years ago. I genuinely believe he'd be class act for us.

Dawson is a good prospect, seen him live 3 times over the last 2 years and a few times on tv. Very similar to Woodgate only not as quick. He has the potential though to get to a similar level. He wouldn't be my first choice although i wouldn't be to downhearted if we did sign him.

As for there right back i didn't really take much notice. Drogba stood out... that was about it for me. I think Finnan has alot to offer. Lets hope see it next season.
115-1073096938

Postby whylongball? » Mon Apr 26, 2004 8:49 am

agree with Stu, joe cole would offer alot more than lampard but defensively SG must overwork for the space joe cole leaves. but then thats good for home games...Malbranque on the right would do as well
whylongball?

Postby Steele » Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:40 am

Pennant is good. I am not sure whether the  Liverpool management have the discipline to contain him off the field.

He has the ability, i just wonder how he would handle "celeb" status.
Steele

Postby bedlovedays » Wed Apr 28, 2004 3:49 am

Lampard over Cisse,,,,,,,houllier will sign Cisse anyway,,,,,,,

Perhaps Houlier should sit at home and watch the game on tv? ???

Seems we know better than he does,,,,,,,,,,,,, we can put lemonhead out there as coach,,,,,,,,,,,at least he would get in a few cheap shots against the opposing coach,,,,!!!!

Houllier would be doing a few,,,,DOH!!!  DOH!!!!   
Who the hell signed that right winger!!!!!!!!!!
:p
bedlovedays

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion