Frank lampard and freddi ljungberg - What do you think?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sat Apr 24, 2004 11:35 am

I can't believe the hype in all honesty. Its well over the top. He's another player like Ljungberg who gets rediculous plaudits when in all honesty they are nothing more than good players.

I think Lampard is a cracking player and played out of his skin this season but he's not even nearly top class. Nothing in his game particularly stands out apart from his attitude and probably consistency. He's not great at anythin and for me i just think he's overated.

Don't get me wrong i don't think either of the two are bad players, i said a while ago about putting players into catorgarys depending on ability, for me these two would be in the same as Murphy, obviously at the higher end while Danny would be at the lower end... but i seriously can't see what all the fuss is about.

The two of them are decent players playing in superb teams, nothing more. In terms of ability (NOT FORM!!!) i'd say these two are two of the worst players in there sides.
115-1073096938

Postby DrLiverpool » Sat Apr 24, 2004 11:46 am

So you wouldnt want Lampard at Liverpool ?
*I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong*
DrLiverpool
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sat Apr 24, 2004 11:52 am

Id take Lampard in the team but i wouldnt pay anywhere near what Chelsea would be asking for him. We do need someone in midfield though, VDV or hargreaves or mendietta, i always say this, but tis what i think we should do.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DrLiverpool » Sat Apr 24, 2004 11:56 am

If we got Lampard for 15m and Mexes for 5mil I'd be happy.

Also new manager.

Maybe van der meyde for right mid but if we only got Lampard and Mexes we'd be laughing.
DrLiverpool
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dark Poet » Sat Apr 24, 2004 1:50 pm

Some Chelsea fans think the sun shines out of his behind, others believe he goes missing for long periods in games too often and whilst he's improved a lot this season, I think the jury's still out.

Certainly would waste £15'000'000 on him.

In fact, I'd prefer Joe Cole.
Dark Poet

Postby Scottbot » Sat Apr 24, 2004 2:10 pm

I wasn't a big Lampard fan prior to this season and couldn't understand how he got anywhere the England team but he has impressed me this year. I see what your saying Stu - Lamps doesn't really have one outstanding attribute but does everything well. He is a very intelligent player, a bit like David Platt but better. I would be happy to see him wearing a red shirt but don't think that is ever likely to happen + he would cost silly money.

I sometimes think Joe Cole would be worth a shot since he can't get a game for Chelsea. What da you lot think?
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Sat Apr 24, 2004 2:17 pm

£ 15 mill for Lampard? Who are you kidding? We do not need more greedy overpaid lazy midfielders at anfield. Lampard is a good passer of the ball and can score from distance. That's it. I would rather see a more mobile technical midfielder like Guily and Davids.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby DrLiverpool » Sat Apr 24, 2004 5:37 pm

Guily is a striker.

Joe Cole instead of Lampard ?
Tell me how are we supposed to compete with teams like chelsea if we buy players who are not good enough to get their game for them.
DrLiverpool
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sat Apr 24, 2004 7:41 pm

Guily is a striker.

Joe Cole instead of Lampard ?
Tell me how are we supposed to compete with teams like chelsea if we buy players who are not good enough to get their game for them.

Guily is a right winger.

Lampard is overated. He is at best a poor Steven Gerrard and certainly isn't what we need. He's a good player and nothing more. Personally i'd take Cole over him every time as i feel he has far more to offer a team with his vision, flair and creativety. Lampard does offer a better a mix in Chelseas midfield though and this is the reason he plays instead of Cole.

Cole and Gerrard in central midfield would be electric. Lets hope it happens.
115-1073096938

Postby brian cresswell » Sun Apr 25, 2004 12:01 am

have to agree with stu. joe cole could be just what we are looking for , a flair player that can create something out of nothing against eleven man defences at anfield.frank lampard is a good solid player but hes no steven gerrard
brian cresswell

Postby DrLiverpool » Sun Apr 25, 2004 12:07 am

stu_the_red wrote:
Guily is a striker

Guily is a right winger.

He may be a right winger but he plays forward.
DrLiverpool
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Sun Apr 25, 2004 12:11 am

I'd say Guily is an attacking midfielder.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby Woollyback » Sun Apr 25, 2004 12:23 am

Not sure about Joe Cole, bags of talent but far too selfish and can't see his team-mates around him. If he grows up then fine, if not he's just another prima donna in the making.
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby whylongball? » Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:33 am

Stu, it shows the difference in class between the managers. The one u support doenst have the ability to bring out the best of a mediocre player. He bought better players and got the worst out of them, mostly(Heskey, Rise, Kewell,...).
whylongball?

Postby Owzat » Sun Apr 25, 2004 9:46 am

I'd have Lampard, but not at more than £5m. He might be worth more, but I wouldn't pay more than that for him

I wouldn't have Ljungberg unless we could get him for £3m or less. He is injury prone and perhaps slightly overrated
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion