Fowler!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby metalhead » Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:34 pm

Ciggy wrote:Big Niall you are probably right that he gets more support cause he is a scouser, but the lad is one of us, everything why what we scousers love him for.
From snorting the lines, Wearing the Dockers T-Shirt, Taunting the bitters, taunting the mancs.
The lads a fan aswell as a player.
We wish every player that plays for Liverpool loves the club as much as he does, same as we all dream of a team of Carraghers, we love local players playing for the club when they have the same passion as the fans, its a shame that  Fowlers, Gerrards, Carraghers only come round once a decade.
I have nothing against our foriegn players but none of them will be as passionate about Liverpool than a local lad playing for the club.

I hope not in a decade ciggy.. i hope not!

i like the look of some young scousers in the academy, one of them is Adam Hamill, who i think has the potential to be liverpool and english great!

read his big interview.  :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:06 am

7_Kewell wrote:stu, i suggest you find a dictionary and look up the word irony  :D

Provide a decent arguement for once instead of trying to belittle everything i say.

These days kid... it doesn't wash with people. People on here know what i'm about, they know how i work and they tend to respect the fact i say whats on my mind and aren't affraid of dickless wankers like you!

Mind you, what do any of us and Rafa Benitez know? I mean, its only Rafa, he doesn't know anything, whats he ever done...

Rafa agree's with me lad, and thats :censored: good enough for me, shove Nigel Worthington up your :censored:.

Rafa :bowdown
Fowler :bowdown

7_Kewell... :kungfu:  :D
115-1073096938

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:07 am

stu_the_red wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:stu, i suggest you find a dictionary and look up the word irony  :D

Provide a decent arguement for once instead of trying to belittle everything i say.

These days kid... it doesn't wash with people. People on here know what i'm about, they know how i work and they tend to respect the fact i say whats on my mind and aren't affraid of dickless wankers like you!

Mind you, what do any of us and Rafa Benitez know? I mean, its only Rafa, he doesn't know anything, whats he ever done...

Rafa agree's with me lad, and thats :censored: good enough for me, shove Nigel Worthington up your :censored:.

Rafa :bowdown
Fowler :bowdown

7_Kewell... :kungfu:  :D

stu i don't agree and thats that.  Your argument, that Fowler will become a 20+ goal Premiership striker and become the player he once was, is bullsh!t and you know it, hence your 'argument' has now changed from

"Fowler will be the player he once was, he just needs to return to anfield and play in the right system"

to

"he still has SOMETHING to offer, he's a good squad player"

carry on stu  :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:44 am

Couldnt have put it better myself.

He does have something to offer to the squad. Sometimes its good to start him as he did against Fulham but sometims he can even be used asa sub. I think we should sign him for another 2 years. At the least hes great for 45mins. Plus he really boosts morale not only within the playerslike Gerrard and Carra but also the fans which play as big apart in our club as the players at times.

I dont think hes capable of 20 goals a season but perhaps 10 or 12 if he keeps up some sort of form. Its definatley god that we have him back and to be honest I dont think he would mind even being a sub or a second choice striker once we get some more in next season.

Hes got a great attitude towards Rafa and im sure he just wants to play a part doing anything whatsoever. He want to retire with this club and has had a good career so I dont see him to evn moan should drop to the bench next season.

we still salute you Robbie!!!!!
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:22 pm

Big Niall wrote:This whole Fowler "love in" is a bit stupid.

He is a player, that's it.

If a player is in good enough form, he plays, if not, he doesn't, that's it. This whole "lets keep playing and he'll get the odd goal and then I'll feel good because he is a scouser attitude is Bull$hit.

He should go in the summer along with Cisse and Morientes. Not good enough anymore. If the transfer window was still open I'd have him out now, no room for sentiment when it comes to team selection. Get on with your life!

Same old view from everyone outside liverpool
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:48 pm

Fact of the matter is that Robbie was brought back in to score goals. No matter how good he has become at this withdrawn striker role, if he doesn't bang them in people will question whether he is worth keeping around. bergkamp is one example that springs to mind of a player who is great at the second striker role, and has played late in his career because he doesnt need pace with his intelligence and vision. I'm sure robbie could do this too and pop up with his fair share once he makes it into the box. Until we get an out and out scorer though i dont want him dropping too deep, because he is one of our only goal threats.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:03 pm

Only dickheads (you know who you are :D ) can't see he's playing well.

Anyone who's got an ounce of intelligence can see the lads still got it. Rafa's not soft though, he knows Robbie will score goals and play well. Infact if anything it wouldn't suprise me if he's been suprised by just how good Fowler is.

He'll get a contract at the end of the season unless Benitez finds something better, of that i'm sure. :)
115-1073096938

Postby tubby » Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:34 pm

stu_the_red wrote:Only dickheads (you know who you are :D ) can't see he's playing well.

Anyone who's got an ounce of intelligence can see the lads still got it. Rafa's not soft though, he knows Robbie will score goals and play well. Infact if anything it wouldn't suprise me if he's been suprised by just how good Fowler is.

He'll get a contract at the end of the season unless Benitez finds something better, of that i'm sure. :)

Of course you are stu  ???

Well see what you say about him in a few months.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:51 am

stu_the_red wrote:Only dickheads (you know who you are :D ) can't see he's playing well.

I agree with you Stu, Fowler is definatly playing well, and get better as his fitness rises.

However, of course Rafa will offer him a contract, if he doesn't sign anyone better, he'll have no choice IMO. What will be interesting and will reflect Rafa's opinion, is whether Robbie is offered a new contract before we sign (if) someone else.
Last edited by babu on Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redmikey » Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:57 am

fowler is playing good football at the moment, he is injure free and playing every game like it is his last

rafa will keep him around for two reasons

1. he has something very few strikers have, a sixth sense in the box of how to get space, proved against every defender sinse coming back, ask wayne bridge where fowler was for his goal answear well he was there a second ago

2. rafa likes to have old heads knocking around his teams as it helps player coming into the team and helps the youth players relise there place
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby ivor_the_injun » Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:48 pm

It'd be an absolute no-brainer to keep Fowler. He'd sign a new contract even if it was only £15k a week, and there are not many strikers you can say that about that can do a job for a team.

I think at least 1 signing will be made that will initially knock him down the pecking order, but once he's fully fit, he's going to be knocking on Rafa's door every week. He pulled Fulham to bits last week, and he's still well short of games. Now he's off the mark, I wouldn't back against him scoring in every game.
ivor_the_injun

Postby ivor_the_injun » Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:19 pm

Fowler's been in action for the reserves tonight, and has bagged himself a goal.

Anyone got highlights of this one?

From lfc.tv...

FOWLER ON THE MARK AS RESERVES WIN
Steve Hunter at Wrexham 20 March 2006 
Robbie Fowler marked a return to his famous number nine shirt by scoring in the reserves 2-0 win over Wigan Athletic at Wrexham's Racecourse ground. 
Fowler played for 45 minutes and looked really sharp, worked hard and linked play superbly. His goal on the stroke of half-time was a real poacher's effort, reacting quickly to score from two yards out after Wigan's veteran keeper Gary Walsh had dropped a Jack Hobbs header.

Liverpool started the match with four of the heroes of Friday's FA Youth Cup semi-final success in Jack Hobbs, Godwin Antwi, Paul Anderson and Miki Roque who had entered the field in extra-time as a substitute, with Ryan Flynn and Craig Lindfield on the bench. Flynn and Lindfield both came on as late substitutes while Hobbs captained the team.

Wigan fielded a strong side featuring seven players with first team experience including Republic of Ireland striker David Connolly and Swiss international Reto Ziegler, so that gives you an indication of just how well the young Liverpool side played on the night.

At 0-0 the Latics missed a glorious chance after 37 minutes when Swedish striker Andreas Johansson, unmarked, somehow headed wide from eight yards out.

Scotland Under-21 international Robbie Foy had a lively game for Liverpool and scored the second goal after 65 minutes, finishing superbly from the edge of the 18 yard box. Foy also came close to scoring on several more occasions with two solo efforts. He drilled one low shot inches wide then forced an excellent save from Walsh.

For the second half Welsh under-21 international Ramon Calliste replaced Fowler in attack.

Calliste was in the thick of the action straight away and came close to scoring after 50 minutes when he got on the end of a superb right wing cross from Antonio Barragan, but his glanced effort was hacked away to safety from the six-yard box by James Heywood.

Liverpool goalkeeper David Martin didn't have a lot to do on the night but he made one brilliant save in the 77th minute to deny Connolly.

Calliste should have increased the scoreline with two guilt edged opportunities spurned late on, twice blazing over the bar from close range after excellent Liverpool moves.

This was a good display from Liverpool with Hobbs, Antwi and James Smith all commanding figures.

Liverpool Reserves: Martin, Barragan, Smith, Antwi, O'Donnell, Roque (Flynn 80), Anderson, Hobbs, Fowler (Calliste 45), Guthrie (Lindfield 84), Foy. Subs not used: Woods, Lancaster (GK).

Wigan Athletic Reserves: Walsh, Heywood, Waterhouse, Lee, Jackson (Roberts 76), Francis, Owens (Stephan 73), Mahon, Johansson, Connolly, Ziegler.
ivor_the_injun

Postby Paul C » Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:57 am

ivor_the_injun wrote:Fowler's been in action for the reserves tonight, and has bagged himself a goal.

Anyone got highlights of this one?

From lfc.tv...

FOWLER ON THE MARK AS RESERVES WIN
Steve Hunter at Wrexham 20 March 2006 
Robbie Fowler marked a return to his famous number nine shirt by scoring in the reserves 2-0 win over Wigan Athletic at Wrexham's Racecourse ground. 
Fowler played for 45 minutes and looked really sharp, worked hard and linked play superbly. His goal on the stroke of half-time was a real poacher's effort, reacting quickly to score from two yards out after Wigan's veteran keeper Gary Walsh had dropped a Jack Hobbs header.

Liverpool started the match with four of the heroes of Friday's FA Youth Cup semi-final success in Jack Hobbs, Godwin Antwi, Paul Anderson and Miki Roque who had entered the field in extra-time as a substitute, with Ryan Flynn and Craig Lindfield on the bench. Flynn and Lindfield both came on as late substitutes while Hobbs captained the team.

Wigan fielded a strong side featuring seven players with first team experience including Republic of Ireland striker David Connolly and Swiss international Reto Ziegler, so that gives you an indication of just how well the young Liverpool side played on the night.

At 0-0 the Latics missed a glorious chance after 37 minutes when Swedish striker Andreas Johansson, unmarked, somehow headed wide from eight yards out.

Scotland Under-21 international Robbie Foy had a lively game for Liverpool and scored the second goal after 65 minutes, finishing superbly from the edge of the 18 yard box. Foy also came close to scoring on several more occasions with two solo efforts. He drilled one low shot inches wide then forced an excellent save from Walsh.

For the second half Welsh under-21 international Ramon Calliste replaced Fowler in attack.

Calliste was in the thick of the action straight away and came close to scoring after 50 minutes when he got on the end of a superb right wing cross from Antonio Barragan, but his glanced effort was hacked away to safety from the six-yard box by James Heywood.

Liverpool goalkeeper David Martin didn't have a lot to do on the night but he made one brilliant save in the 77th minute to deny Connolly.

Calliste should have increased the scoreline with two guilt edged opportunities spurned late on, twice blazing over the bar from close range after excellent Liverpool moves.

This was a good display from Liverpool with Hobbs, Antwi and James Smith all commanding figures.

Liverpool Reserves: Martin, Barragan, Smith, Antwi, O'Donnell, Roque (Flynn 80), Anderson, Hobbs, Fowler (Calliste 45), Guthrie (Lindfield 84), Foy. Subs not used: Woods, Lancaster (GK).

Wigan Athletic Reserves: Walsh, Heywood, Waterhouse, Lee, Jackson (Roberts 76), Francis, Owens (Stephan 73), Mahon, Johansson, Connolly, Ziegler.

The reserves has some very good young talent in there, glad to see Robbie grab a goal, I'm sure that boosted some confidence even if it was only in a reserve game  :)
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:32 am

7_Kewell wrote:"Fowler will be the player he once was, he just needs to return to anfield and play in the right system"

to

"he still has SOMETHING to offer, he's a good squad player"

carry on stu  :D

You know - I don't think he did say that, to be honest.

I reckon he said something like "In the right system, he could still bang in 20-25 goals a season".

Infact, I distinctly remember Stu saying he DIDN'T think Fowler would ever be the player he was before.

Just that he could still be brilliant.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:28 pm

Does anybody here believe he'll be the player/goalscorer he once was?
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion