Fowler!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:53 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:
Big Niall wrote:This whole Fowler "love in" is a bit stupid.

He is a player, that's it.

If a player is in good enough form, he plays, if not, he doesn't, that's it. This whole "lets keep playing and he'll get the odd goal and then I'll feel good because he is a scouser attitude is Bull$hit.

He should go in the summer along with Cisse and Morientes. Not good enough anymore. If the transfer window was still open I'd have him out now, no room for sentiment when it comes to team selection. Get on with your life!

Totally agree.

Did you watch the game last night ?
Imo he was our best player, making clever runs, using the ball well and some of his link up play and through balls for Morientes were top class.
Admittedly he still doesn't look fit enough and did look tired but you cant even offer the lad any praise.
It doesn't matter that you had a big argument with Stu about whether we should of signed him, it doesn't matter that you could still end up being right (although it doesnt look like it)
All that matters is whether Robbie does it for Liverpool, and so far he has been unlucky and been our most likely goalscorer.
Cant you at least have the b@lls to admit that ?

I don't think Fowler is any better (or worse) than our current crop of strikers.  But i find it hypocritical when people slag off Morientes for being :censored: and missing chances, yet when Fowler does it, he’s ‘unlucky’ and praised.  I couldn't give a toss about my arguement with stu....my point has been made, Fowler isn't anywhere near the same player he was when he left, that's obvious.  However, i refuse to Become swept away with this hysterical bull :censored: that Fowler is something better than what we have, because he isn’t.  Yes he looked sharp yesterday, but so did Nando.  I don’t see any praise there…..instead people are jumping up and down in excitement for a player who seems unable to play a full 90 mins and has only scored 1 goal in 9 matches.

You might be happy to see Fowler get a new long term, 40k a week contract, I won’t.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:10 pm

7_Kewell wrote:I don't think Fowler is any better (or worse) than our current crop of strikers.  But i find it hypocritical when people slag off Morientes for being :censored: and missing chances, yet when Fowler does it, he’s ‘unlucky’ and praised.  I couldn't give a toss about my arguement with stu....my point has been made, Fowler isn't anywhere near the same player he was when he left, that's obvious.  However, i refuse to Become swept away with this hysterical bull :censored: that Fowler is something better than what we have, because he isn’t.  Yes he looked sharp yesterday, but so did Nando.  I don’t see any praise there…..instead people are jumping up and down in excitement for a player who seems unable to play a full 90 mins and has only scored 1 goal in 9 matches.

You might be happy to see Fowler get a new long term, 40k a week contract, I won’t.

You think Morientes had as good a game as Fowler last night  :laugh:
He missed a very decent one on one chance, when Robbie put him through with a clever pass and then put another one (admittedly from a tight angle) into the side netting.
Morientes had a better game, but i think alot of that was down to Fowlers use of the ball.
You simply refuse to accept that Robbie has played well so far, and it is obvious that because you were so against him coming your opinion of him wont change even if he scores against Newcastle.
1 in 9 appearances isn't great, but how many starts has he had ? Also he hasnt completed a full 90, so his drought is nowhere near the level that Morientes's was.
Did you see the movement for the goal ?
Stood in front of the keeper as the cross came over, a few quick steps backwards to find space and a simple header....what made it better for me was Wayne Bridge (who was marking him) face, he had his hands on the head and looked really confused...totally lost Fowler because of clever movement.
The fans shouldn't boo the manager, especially when the team are winning, i dont think thats on at all...but they wanted Morientes to come off and not Robbie.
As it happens it was a great substitution with Cisse causing plenty of problems for the tired Fulham defenders.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:20 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:I don't think Fowler is any better (or worse) than our current crop of strikers.  But i find it hypocritical when people slag off Morientes for being :censored: and missing chances, yet when Fowler does it, he’s ‘unlucky’ and praised.  I couldn't give a toss about my arguement with stu....my point has been made, Fowler isn't anywhere near the same player he was when he left, that's obvious.  However, i refuse to Become swept away with this hysterical bull :censored: that Fowler is something better than what we have, because he isn’t.  Yes he looked sharp yesterday, but so did Nando.  I don’t see any praise there…..instead people are jumping up and down in excitement for a player who seems unable to play a full 90 mins and has only scored 1 goal in 9 matches.

You think Morientes had as good a game as Fowler last night  :laugh:
He missed a very decent one on one chance, when Robbie put him through with a clever pass and then put another one (admittedly from a tight angle) into the side netting.
Morientes had a better game, but i think alot of that was down to Fowlers use of the ball.
You simply refuse to accept that Robbie has played well so far, and it is obvious that because you were so against him coming your opinion of him wont change even if he scores against Newcastle.
1 in 9 appearances isn't great, but how many starts has he had ? Also he hasnt completed a full 90, so his drought is nowhere near the level that Morientes's was.
Did you see the movement for the goal ?
Stood in front of the keeper as the cross came over, a few quick steps backwards to find space and a simple header....what made it better for me was Wayne Bridge (who was marking him) face, he had his hands on the head and looked really confused...totally lost Fowler because of clever movement.
The fans shouldn't boo the manager, especially when the team are winning, i dont think thats on at all...but they wanted Morientes to come off and not Robbie.
As it happens it was a great substitution with Cisse causing plenty of problems for the tired Fulham defenders.

if Fowler performs well, i'll have no problem giving praise.  I'm a liverpool fan and i want ALL our players to do well.  Last night was Fowlers first good game and if he can do that for the rest of the season, great!  But until i've seen beyond the unfit, overweight, slow player that we have, i shall not be changing my opinion.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:26 pm

Yeah....fowler wouldn't get into the scums, chelsea or arsenal's 1st team...He wasn't even in man city's 1st team.

But he is still the best bet among our strikers for a goal.....But once we get David Villa & Owen next season....Fowler can be our back-up striker....  :D
Last edited by The_Rock on Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:27 pm

The_Rock wrote:Yeah....fowler wouldn't get into the scums, chelsea or arsenal's 1st team...He wasn't even in man city's 1st team.

But he is still the best bet among our strikers for a goal.....But onec we get david villa & Owen next season....Fowler can be our back-up striker....  :D

if he's happy to take a pay cut and play that role, fair enough..
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:40 pm

7_Kewell wrote:
The_Rock wrote:Yeah....fowler wouldn't get into the scums, chelsea or arsenal's 1st team...He wasn't even in man city's 1st team.

But he is still the best bet among our strikers for a goal.....But onec we get david villa & Owen next season....Fowler can be our back-up striker....  :D

If i am not wrong...we are paying fowler about 10,000 pounds per week....(the other portion of his salary is still being paid by leeds).

I admit fowler is slow, unfit and fat....But he is the best "in the box" finisher we have. How many "easy" chances morientes & crouch have missed this season ...... If we had bought fowler at the beginning of the season, we could have scored at least 7 goals more (at the very least).

We need better strikers to move ahead...i am sure rafa will sort it out. David Villa is the man.....Rafa R U reading this...
Last edited by The_Rock on Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:42 pm

The_Rock wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:

If i am not wrong...we are paying fowler about 10,000 pounds per week....(the other portion of his salary is still being paid by leeds).

I admit fowler is slow, unfit and fat....But he is the best "in the box" finisher we have. How many "easy" chances have morientes & crouch have missed this season ...... If we had bought fowler at the beginning of the season, we could have scored at least 7 goals more (and this is the worst-case senario).

leeds pay him 15k a week.....we pay him, currently, 30k a week.
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby davo_LFC » Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:05 pm

If a player is in good enough form, he plays, if not, he doesn't, that's it. This whole "lets keep playing and he'll get the odd goal and then I'll feel good because he is a scouser attitude is Bull$hit.

He should go in the summer along with Cisse and Morientes. Not good enough anymore. If the transfer window was still open I'd have him out now, no room for sentiment when it comes to team selection. Get on with your life!

we love fowler because he was a working class scouser who grew up kicking balls round on streets, and he made it as a professional footballer but is still the likeable scouser who we all relate to because most young lads round liverpool hope one day that they will make it big. Hes not some ''am a footballer so i can do what i like ''nobhead like that fat pr.ick from west derby, rooney or should i say shrek.

so pi.ss off, its not as if he is shi.te either, you've obviously been reading too much of the sunday papers lies lad.

he has only been at us for a month or so and now hes starting to get his fitness back his sharpness is coming back and he looks like a real threat so i'd keep him anyday.
ImageImage
davo_LFC
LFC Super Member

Postby redmikey » Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:04 pm

David villa has just signed a contract with a 150 mill buy out clause,   so i think we can put the last nail in him coming

fowler is looking sharper and sharper and for people to say he is not the player we sold, you are right.

he works harder, he is better with the ball, he looks fit, he seems to respect the manager,he really wants to stay

he will be here next year because between now and the end of the season he will get chances and looks like he will finish them,  saying that he could have done better from the edge of the box on a couple of occasion, but rafa showed again that he has the balls to make big decisions and took him off at the right time
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:17 pm

7_Kewell wrote:leeds pay him 15k a week.....we pay him, currently, 30k a week.

Tbh i am not @rsed what he is on a week.
So far he has provided alot more than the other strikers and has a desire to stay at this club that nobody else would have.
Whetever he is on is the boards business, but one things for sure, his salary wont be what Rafa is looking at when he decides whether to extend his current contract.
It will be his overall value to the team, regarding goals and general link up play.
So far so good imo.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:59 pm

7_Kewell wrote:
The_Rock wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:

I admit fowler is slow, unfit and fat....But he is the best "in the box" finisher we have. How many "easy" chances have morientes & crouch have missed this season ...... If we had bought fowler at the beginning of the season, we could have scored at least 7 goals more (and this is the worst-case senario).

actually he has taken a pay cut to rejoin us, it was widely qouted that he is on around 25K a week, around half of that is being paid by Leeds.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:16 pm

:D leeds :D  muppets :D
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:27 pm

7_Kewell wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:

Totally agree.

Did you watch the game last night ?
Imo he was our best player, making clever runs, using the ball well and some of his link up play and through balls for Morientes were top class.
Admittedly he still doesn't look fit enough and did look tired but you cant even offer the lad any praise.
It doesn't matter that you had a big argument with Stu about whether we should of signed him, it doesn't matter that you could still end up being right (although it doesnt look like it)
All that matters is whether Robbie does it for Liverpool, and so far he has been unlucky and been our most likely goalscorer.
Cant you at least have the b@lls to admit that ?

I don't think Fowler is any better (or worse) than our current crop of strikers.  But i find it hypocritical when people slag off Morientes for being :censored: and missing chances, yet when Fowler does it, he’s ‘unlucky’ and praised.  I couldn't give a toss about my arguement with stu....my point has been made, Fowler isn't anywhere near the same player he was when he left, that's obvious.  However, i refuse to Become swept away with this hysterical bull :censored: that Fowler is something better than what we have, because he isn’t.  Yes he looked sharp yesterday, but so did Nando.  I don’t see any praise there…..instead people are jumping up and down in excitement for a player who seems unable to play a full 90 mins and has only scored 1 goal in 9 matches.

One goal in 7 matches.  :D
115-1073096938

Postby 115-1073096938 » Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:30 pm

7_Kewell wrote:
The_Rock wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:

He's being paid 14,000 pounds a week by Liverpool and 11,000 a week by Leeds. Get your facts right knobhead!
115-1073096938

Postby metalhead » Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:33 pm

stu_the_red wrote:If anyone's going to sit there and say to me Fowler's a "worse" player than Sissy, Morientes or Crouch i'll castrate you. :)

He's better than the three of them. He's not in Owen, Rooney or Henry's class, but he's still a :censored: quality player with excellent awareness, preditory instinct and technical ability.

If anyone actually paid any attention to the way he moved before heading the ball into the net last night that proves in one movement he's still got a massive amount to offer.

His passes and alround play was superb and probably not far off or even as good as its ever been. He lacks pace, he's lacking top class fitness these days, but to say he's not good enough to be 2nd, 3rd or even 4th choice striker is completely insane.

The way he simply turned and went at Fulham time and time again last night and had runners going past him and creating space was superb. The midfield last night was very very average and its a good job Robbie was on top of his game or we could have been in serious trouble. He'll score again in our next match if he starts.

:bowdown  :bowdown

:bowdown  :bowdown
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion