Fowler!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Judge » Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:17 pm

Big Niall wrote:The post that said I don't want fowler to succed is nuts, of course if he banged in 25 league goals a season I'd be delighted as the team would be flying.

anyway, so Fowler loves LFC, so what. So do we but i wouldn't want any of you lot playing for us!!!

My point was that Fowler should be judged the same as any other player. I admit he is no worse than our other forwards but being just as poor as Morientes isn't exactly a compliment. I don't think he can get back the fitness a top class forward needs. I mean, if Fowler had not been with LFC originally would you be happy to see a player who could not get in Man City team sign for Liverpool.

Repeat - I like the guy and would love him to be a goalscorer again - I just don't believe he will score 20+ league goals a season.

niall, your point was quite clear

ship fowler out, it wasnt however, that fowler should be judged like anyone else, which is what your saying now

which is it, your first crystal clear post, or the second one with different words i it ??

just an observation, not a criticism, so dont take it personal
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:35 pm

I think Fowler should be judged the same as every other player- i.e. on the merits of how they play. I feel that many fans have an emotional bond with him, Like Real Madrid and Raul and this clouds peoples judgement.

ON this judgement, I don't think he is good enough to be a forward in a league winning team (that has to be the goal). Therefore I wouldn't keep him next season.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:40 pm

Big Niall wrote:I think Fowler should be judged the same as every other player- i.e. on the merits of how they play. I feel that many fans have an emotional bond with him, Like Real Madrid and Raul and this clouds peoples judgement.

ON this judgement, I don't think he is good enough to be a forward in a league winning team (that has to be the goal). Therefore I wouldn't keep him next season.

we didnt win the league when he was younger.

so am bemused as to your point. Are you saying he wasnt good enough when he was younger aswell??

at the moment fowler has had 1 goal allowed and 4 chalked offf by idiot refs - which is more than morientes, crouch and cisse put together. At the very least he buried his chances regardless of them being chalked off
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dannyboy » Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:50 pm

I am with the main man Judge on this point. Robbie never won the title in his first spell at anfeild so does that mean u didnt like him then too.
Dannyboy

Postby barnesrush » Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:58 pm

where did you download the game from stinger?
cut me and i bleed red
barnesrush

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:01 pm

Big Niall wrote:The post that said I don't want fowler to succed is nuts, of course if he banged in 25 league goals a season I'd be delighted as the team would be flying.

anyway, so Fowler loves LFC, so what. So do we but i wouldn't want any of you lot playing for us!!!

My point was that Fowler should be judged the same as any other player. I admit he is no worse than our other forwards but being just as poor as Morientes isn't exactly a compliment. I don't think he can get back the fitness a top class forward needs. I mean, if Fowler had not been with LFC originally would you be happy to see a player who could not get in Man City team sign for Liverpool.

Repeat - I like the guy and would love him to be a goalscorer again - I just don't believe he will score 20+ league goals a season.

Some fair points made there mate, but i dont think anyone with any common sense actually thinks Robbie will be first choice 20 goal a season striker.
He has been so far however a decent option that looks sharp and is still getting in decent positions.
I thought he played really well last night...although it was against tailor made opposition.
He was our best player and deserves to keep his place against Newcastle imo.
Its obvious to anyone that we still need a couple of strikers but i think Robbie could stay on next year as an option.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby onizukaeikichi » Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:05 pm

score more pls...!!!
onizukaeikichi

Postby stmichael » Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:45 pm

azriahmad wrote:The fact that the Anfield crowd booed the decision to take him off for Cisse instead of Morrientes speaks volumes of the general feeling about him and that the fact that for me at least, he was man of the match not only for his goals, but his overall play and involvement in setting up that second goal.

I was watching from some 10,000 miles from Anfield over live cable tv but the sound of the boos were loud over the telly - it must have been very loud at the stadium itself.

I never booed but I wasn't happy with the substitution and I was proved wrong so there you go!

You have to accept that these things are going to happen at Anfield now because it's full of johnny come lately's. The amount of 'easy easy' :censored: going on around me in the main stand was sickening - where I was sat they were taking enormous pleasure out of goading the Fulham fans. There was only about 100 of them for christs sake!

It's pathetic but it's modern-day football fanfare.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby laza » Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:54 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:]
Some fair points made there mate, but i dont think anyone with any common sense actually thinks Robbie will be first choice 20 goal a season striker.
He has been so far however a decent option that looks sharp and is still getting in decent positions.
I thought he played really well last night...although it was against tailor made opposition.
He was our best player and deserves to keep his place against Newcastle imo.
Its obvious to anyone that we still need a couple of strikers but i think Robbie could stay on next year as an option.

Exactly,
And im missing something , Robbie costs us nothing and his wages are being subbed out by Leeds
Yeah there is certainly a sentiment by fans when he does well , christ sakes its part of the game, you never want to lose the human element
He playing for us at moment and so compared to the 29 million Crouch, Cisse, Morientes , he should be view differently
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:17 pm

columbia wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:
Big Niall wrote:This whole Fowler "love in" is a bit stupid.

He is a player, that's it.

If a player is in good enough form, he plays, if not, he doesn't, that's it. This whole "lets keep playing and he'll get the odd goal and then I'll feel good because he is a scouser attitude is Bull$hit.

He should go in the summer along with Cisse and Morientes. Not good enough anymore. If the transfer window was still open I'd have him out now, no room for sentiment when it comes to team selection. Get on with your life!

Totally agree.

to be fair though you are clueless and you basically judged him before he had ven signed. I dont even think you want him to do well.

:bowdown
115-1073096938

Postby Big Niall » Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:18 pm

Dannyboy wrote:I am with the main man Judge on this point. Robbie never won the title in his first spell at anfeild so does that mean u didnt like him then too.

I'd love to have the 20 year old Fowler in the team. My posts are not slagging Robbie, or his legacy, just saying that at this stage of his career no other top team would want him.

1 goal is not a great return - disallowed goals do not win games.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby columbia » Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:26 pm

Big Niall wrote:
Dannyboy wrote:I am with the main man Judge on this point. Robbie never won the title in his first spell at anfeild so does that mean u didnt like him then too.

I'd love to have the 20 year old Fowler in the team. My posts are not slagging Robbie, or his legacy, just saying that at this stage of his career no other top team would want him.

1 goal is not a great return - disallowed goals do not win games.

his goal was great.

He took up the position of standing in front of the keeper then peeled off to the back post, great movement.

He will score goals because he has intelligent movement

I agree with what st michael said on the fans last night.

There was this guy behind me last night who was whinging all through the match. Even at the end, i felt like turning around and saying "look mate were 4 - 1 up (or whatever it was) just :censored: support the team.
columbia

Postby 115-1073096938 » Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:26 pm

If anyone's going to sit there and say to me Fowler's a "worse" player than Sissy, Morientes or Crouch i'll castrate you. :)

He's better than the three of them. He's not in Owen, Rooney or Henry's class, but he's still a :censored: quality player with excellent awareness, preditory instinct and technical ability.

If anyone actually paid any attention to the way he moved before heading the ball into the net last night that proves in one movement he's still got a massive amount to offer.

His passes and alround play was superb and probably not far off or even as good as its ever been. He lacks pace, he's lacking top class fitness these days, but to say he's not good enough to be 2nd, 3rd or even 4th choice striker is completely insane.

The way he simply turned and went at Fulham time and time again last night and had runners going past him and creating space was superb. The midfield last night was very very average and its a good job Robbie was on top of his game or we could have been in serious trouble. He'll score again in our next match if he starts.
115-1073096938

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:28 pm

7_Kewell wrote:
Big Niall wrote:This whole Fowler "love in" is a bit stupid.

He is a player, that's it.

If a player is in good enough form, he plays, if not, he doesn't, that's it. This whole "lets keep playing and he'll get the odd goal and then I'll feel good because he is a scouser attitude is Bull$hit.

He should go in the summer along with Cisse and Morientes. Not good enough anymore. If the transfer window was still open I'd have him out now, no room for sentiment when it comes to team selection. Get on with your life!

Totally agree.

Did you watch the game last night ?
Imo he was our best player, making clever runs, using the ball well and some of his link up play and through balls for Morientes were top class.
Admittedly he still doesn't look fit enough and did look tired but you cant even offer the lad any praise.
It doesn't matter that you had a big argument with Stu about whether we should of signed him, it doesn't matter that you could still end up being right (although it doesnt look like it)
All that matters is whether Robbie does it for Liverpool, and so far he has been unlucky and been our most likely goalscorer.
Cant you at least have the b@lls to admit that ?

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:35 pm

:cool:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion