Fowler!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Judge » Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:59 am

Alanay wrote:I always like Fowler. Although he looks slower than before, but he always position himself very well in the play.

you may have brain delay, he's just as fast  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:02 am

Stu you soft garden gnome. :D
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Judge » Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:03 am

couldnt find a soft garden gnome jbg   :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:54 am

This whole Fowler "love in" is a bit stupid.

He is a player, that's it.

If a player is in good enough form, he plays, if not, he doesn't, that's it. This whole "lets keep playing and he'll get the odd goal and then I'll feel good because he is a scouser attitude is Bull$hit.

He should go in the summer along with Cisse and Morientes. Not good enough anymore. If the transfer window was still open I'd have him out now, no room for sentiment when it comes to team selection. Get on with your life!
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redmikey » Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:19 am

good to see fowler score and play well imo!

coming off he seemed fecked off which is good, but booing rafa is abit much even though he was bringing cissie on which sort of blows the apperance clause rumour out of the water,

cissie came on and could have layed a goal on for garcia in his first attack but tried to do it all him self, which he didn't

then finnan poped a ball over the top and he didn't turn and chase he held his arms out moaning, then he had a go at a linesman for getting flagged............   all sh'ite

fowler will be here next year because he is working hard and providing abit of craft up front and he is showing the desire that is required at the top level
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:21 am

I haven't reallu jumped on the "Fowler is back, bandwagon" but I have to disagree with you Big Niall.  I think his performances have been better than Cisse's, better than Morientes and on par with Crouch, and he has looked more likely to score than the big fella!

His fitness still isn't where a Premiership footballers should be, but he is playing intelligent balls and getting in good positions.  I think the only thing that lets his overall game down is he seems to be playing very deep and as he hasn't got ANY pace, sometime arrives too late.  But that is more likely to be the way Raffa has asked him to play.

Give the lad a break, he has scored his first goal (of the second coming) and looks like he will get a few more before the season is over.  Ok he is not an Owen or a Kuyt or a Henry or even a van Nistlerooy, and I suppose I would rather have any of them at the start of next season, but he is a Liverpool player through and through and we should, as supporters, support our team and our players.

Well in Robbie, the hard work is starting to pay off!
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby wee_boi888 » Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:22 am

I'll just pretend I didn't read Big Niall's post...

But as predicted by many

God hath smited Fulham on the Fields of Anfield Road.
wee_boi888
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:25 am

redmikey wrote:good to see fowler score and play well imo!

coming off he seemed fecked off which is good, but booing rafa is abit much even though he was bringing cissie on which sort of blows the apperance clause rumour out of the water,

cissie came on and could have layed a goal on for garcia in his first attack but tried to do it all him self, which he didn't

then finnan poped a ball over the top and he didn't turn and chase he held his arms out moaning, then he had a go at a linesman for getting flagged............   all sh'ite

fowler will be here next year because he is working hard and providing abit of craft up front and he is showing the desire that is required at the top level

Most people thought Cisse did well when he came on.  Oh and Fowler played in Nando which Nando messed up as usual.  Love to see Fowler playing Cisse in one on one.
puroresu

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:48 am

Big Niall wrote:This whole Fowler "love in" is a bit stupid.

If a player is in good enough form, he plays, if not, he doesn't, that's it. This whole "lets keep playing and he'll get the odd goal and then I'll feel good because he is a scouser attitude is Bull$hit.

He should go in the summer along with Cisse and Morientes. Not good enough anymore. If the transfer window was still open I'd have him out now, no room for sentiment when it comes to team selection. Get on with your life!

Totally agree.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dannyboy » Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:38 pm

Have to say it is good to see Robbie get his first goal since coming home. imo it was just deserved he has given his all everytime he has either started or come on since re-joining. i hope that lastnights goal gives him the confidence to push on till the end of the season. not only that but the goals from Crouch and Nando are encouraging for us. after such a dry spell i hope that they can now realx and just play football. Niall i think that your comments are crazy as Fowler has been giving his all and has showed he is still top-class. i do agree with you that reputation should not get you a game but so far it has worked for morientes. Give Robbie a chance to prove himself until the end of season then decide wether he is good enough for you.
Dannyboy

Postby columbia » Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:39 pm

7_Kewell wrote:
Big Niall wrote:This whole Fowler "love in" is a bit stupid.

Totally agree.

to be fair though you are clueless and you basically judged him before he had ven signed. I dont even think you want him to do well.
columbia

Postby metalhead » Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:43 pm

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:I haven't reallu jumped on the "Fowler is back, bandwagon" but I have to disagree with you Big Niall.  I think his performances have been better than Cisse's, better than Morientes and on par with Crouch, and he has looked more likely to score than the big fella!

His fitness still isn't where a Premiership footballers should be, but he is playing intelligent balls and getting in good positions.  I think the only thing that lets his overall game down is he seems to be playing very deep and as he hasn't got ANY pace, sometime arrives too late.  But that is more likely to be the way Raffa has asked him to play.

Give the lad a break, he has scored his first goal (of the second coming) and looks like he will get a few more before the season is over.  Ok he is not an Owen or a Kuyt or a Henry or even a van Nistlerooy, and I suppose I would rather have any of them at the start of next season, but he is a Liverpool player through and through and we should, as supporters, support our team and our players.

Well in Robbie, the hard work is starting to pay off!

Agreed mate, Big Naill, Fowler is working his socks off to score and win liverpool games, he has so much passion for the club and he will never let us down. Yesterday he was man of the match IMO, his awareness, intelligence and movement shows that he is working hard.

Big Naill, would you sell a player who is trying hard, listening to his manager and starts scoring goals? Give the lad a break he has been superb when he came. Remember he had scored 3 goals but had them disallowed, 2 of them should have been counted.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby murphy0151 » Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:01 pm

azriahmad wrote:The fact that the Anfield crowd booed the decision to take him off for Cisse instead of Morrientes speaks volumes of the general feeling about him and that the fact that for me at least, he was man of the match not only for his goals, but his overall play and involvement in setting up that second goal.

I was watching from some 10,000 miles from Anfield over live cable tv but the sound of the boos were loud over the telly - it must have been very loud at the stadium itself.

Fowler should play so much more and the goal has been long time coming after 2 unfairly disallowed but legitimate goals, IMHO.

People who booo'ed at the decision are stupid iddiots.  I said to me brother about 5 mins before Fowler went off "He's looking knacked  now after all the good work he put in, in the first half"   There was a few iccidents were he should off chased after the ball but he just couldnt.  Even if he werent knackerd, how silly did you boo'ing lot look when the sub Cisse played apart in the goal for the other striker who you wanted to go in his place.  You booing bunch arent supporters, casue support means support its not rocket science.  Threw bad spells and threw good.   I hope Morrientez makes you all look even silly in the remaining games.  An another thing if theres anyone out there who says morrientez hasnt given anyhting less than 100% in Liverpool shirt they would be lying. 

And another thing the people who were in the anny road end singing Robbie, Robbie, robbie, robbie, robbie, robbie get a grip off yourslef will ya.  I cant say how pethetic that sounds.  For :censored: sake I was waiting for Robbie to shout ADDDdrrrrrrian.

Leave the rocky chants at home plz.
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby whylongball? » Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:02 pm

Espionage wrote:how big is the file???
I didnt get to see it as there was no coverage in Australia, could you host it somewhere please :)

It really pisses me off here. I got the cable to watch soccer here in Australia and they still dont show the game :angry: 
just miss my time in singapore when i could practically catch all the liverpool games
whylongball?

Postby Big Niall » Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:11 pm

The post that said I don't want fowler to succed is nuts, of course if he banged in 25 league goals a season I'd be delighted as the team would be flying.

anyway, so Fowler loves LFC, so what. So do we but i wouldn't want any of you lot playing for us!!!

My point was that Fowler should be judged the same as any other player. I admit he is no worse than our other forwards but being just as poor as Morientes isn't exactly a compliment. I don't think he can get back the fitness a top class forward needs. I mean, if Fowler had not been with LFC originally would you be happy to see a player who could not get in Man City team sign for Liverpool.

Repeat - I like the guy and would love him to be a goalscorer again - I just don't believe he will score 20+ league goals a season.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion