Fowler!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Judge » Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:32 pm

Niall, you really love this thread dont ya :p
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:33 pm

Big Niall wrote:Does anybody here believe he'll be the player/goalscorer he once was?

no, but that doesn't mean that he still hasn't got a lot to offer. it's not about comparing him to what he used to be. it's about comparing him to what we have available now and using him in the best way we can.

robbie fowler is still the most naturally gifted finisher i've ever seen. you don't lose your goalscoring instinct as you get older. all you lose is a yard of pace. his footballing intelligence is still second to none and he'll score goals in any company given the service.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:51 pm

Big Niall wrote:Does anybody here believe he'll be the player/goalscorer he once was?

No of course he isn't.

Fowler at his best was one of the best strikers any of us will ever see.
Scoring all sorts if different goals, with either foot, his head and from all sorts of different ranges.
He is not that player, injuries and a couple of moves that he didnt want probably have caused that...and a bit of a lack of discipline on his part.
But he has looked really promising so far and has without doubt brought a different element to our forward play, with clever movement and intelligent use of the ball.
I would definately offer him another year, not as the main striker, we need a top striker to come in...i would be happy with Defoe myself.
But Robbie has worked really hard and looks like he offers a great link between the striker and the midfield.
He is not the same type of player, but could be vital imo in games where we are struggling to break teams down or when we are chasing a goal in the last 20 minutes.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Flashard » Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:03 pm

I still think Fowler is capable of producing 15+ goals a season for us easily and that would be from coming of the bench aswell. He already has 4 this season lol:D :D
Flashard

Postby Dannyboy » Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:04 pm

To be Honest it is unfair to expect Robbie to be as good as he was in his first spell. the reason Rafa brought him in is because he offers depth and another option to the squad. imo Rafa Knows the story and he doesnt bring in players just because of there history. plus i dont think he brought him in fro half a season knowing full well he was unable to play in the cup and would definatly be unfit for the ECL. he will be here next season pushing the other strikers. a good pre-season under his belt and Robbie will be a class act.
Dannyboy

Postby Judge » Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:07 pm

Dannyboy wrote:To be Honest it is unfair to expect Robbie to be as good as he was in his first spell. the reason Rafa brought him in is because he offers depth and another option to the squad. imo Rafa Knows the story and he doesnt bring in players just because of there history. plus i dont think he brought him in fro half a season knowing full well he was unable to play in the cup and would definatly be unfit for the ECL. he will be here next season pushing the other strikers. a good pre-season under his belt and Robbie will be a class act.

if you read back, niall didnt much of him when he was with the first time  :p
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Flashard » Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:13 pm

Dannyboy wrote:To be Honest it is unfair to expect Robbie to be as good as he was in his first spell. the reason Rafa brought him in is because he offers depth and another option to the squad. imo Rafa Knows the story and he doesnt bring in players just because of there history. plus i dont think he brought him in fro half a season knowing full well he was unable to play in the cup and would definatly be unfit for the ECL. he will be here next season pushing the other strikers. a good pre-season under his belt and Robbie will be a class act.

Totally agree :cool:

But do think he will defo contribute to the goals for column
Flashard

Postby Dannyboy » Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:16 pm

Flashard wrote:

Totally agree :cool:

But do think he will defo contribute to the goals for column

Well i would like to think he would. he is a proven goalscorer and knows where the goals are. he might not be the top scorer in the league but i would like to think he could grab a few. i think he will not be the first choice next season as i want to see a new striker or 2 here but my point was to give him a pre-season then judge him. if i am wrong i will say so.
Dannyboy

Postby vlady16.1 » Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:07 pm

:buttrock everyones talking of 15-20 goals next year-- i say bring 'em on -- god at 15 would be wonderful as if you check the stats would be our best scorer right now -- anyhow he isn't that old and face it the team went downhill after gh screwed him and watch it return

i for one am one who doesn't live in liverpool and remembers him fondly from the old days -- i hated gh when he sold him and was in tears when he came home

will he be the same as he was when he was 20 -- no way BUT he may be better in so many ways -- watch his interplay with gerrard--- is anyone else better? ????? 4 goals and counting and soon i'll drop the offside ones cos i know he's good for at least 4-6 more this year :rasp

stu keep up the good fight :buttrock
vlady16.1

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:49 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:"Fowler will be the player he once was, he just needs to return to anfield and play in the right system"

to

"he still has SOMETHING to offer, he's a good squad player"

carry on stu  :D

You know - I don't think he did say that, to be honest.

I reckon he said something like "In the right system, he could still bang in 20-25 goals a season".

Infact, I distinctly remember Stu saying he DIDN'T think Fowler would ever be the player he was before.

Just that he could still be brilliant.

and i say he won't ever score a THIRD of that in a full season.  25 goals a season from Fowler?  get off the drugs lad.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:17 am

7_Kewell wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:"Fowler will be the player he once was, he just needs to return to anfield and play in the right system"

to

"he still has SOMETHING to offer, he's a good squad player"

carry on stu  :D

You know - I don't think he did say that, to be honest.

I reckon he said something like "In the right system, he could still bang in 20-25 goals a season".

Infact, I distinctly remember Stu saying he DIDN'T think Fowler would ever be the player he was before.

Just that he could still be brilliant.

and i say he won't ever score a THIRD of that in a full season.  25 goals a season from Fowler?  get off the drugs lad.

your saying Fowler cant score 8 goals in a full season! u really are a moron
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:34 am

What are you on about? He's got 5 already!

From what I've seen this season, it's obvious that Fowler could still score around 20 goals a season.

He had 4 to his name for Man City this season before we got him in January, he's had 1 for us, and 3 disallowed (2 probably unfairly). If ref decisions had gone our way, he could be up to 7 or 8 goals for the season at this point.

Don't forget he's only played 10 games for us, 5 of which were as sub. For Man City, he made 5 appearances, 4 of which were as sub.

So, hypothetical ref decisions aside, that's 5 actual goals in 15 games, or 1 in 3 if you're fussy. Not bad for a guy that's still a little unfit and has been on the pitch for a ridiculously short time over the course of the season.
ivor_the_injun

Postby 65-1140560321 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:01 am

Big Niall wrote:This whole Fowler "love in" is a bit stupid.

He is a player, that's it.

If a player is in good enough form, he plays, if not, he doesn't, that's it. This whole "lets keep playing and he'll get the odd goal and then I'll feel good because he is a scouser attitude is Bull$hit.

He should go in the summer along with Cisse and Morientes. Not good enough anymore. If the transfer window was still open I'd have him out now, no room for sentiment when it comes to team selection. Get on with your life!

Big Niall,

That is the BEST and MOST ACCURATE post I have EVER read on this forum.

What you have said there is so true and realistic, it has to be complimented.

There are too many dreamers and such like in here its untrue.
but your post was so good I had to reply, sorry.

And I have been here for 3 years at least.

Signed
THE Hustler
65-1140560321

Postby 65-1140560321 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:03 am

tell a friend
65-1140560321

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:06 am

Alfonso Alonso 2006 wrote:
Big Niall wrote:This whole Fowler "love in" is a bit stupid.

He is a player, that's it.

If a player is in good enough form, he plays, if not, he doesn't, that's it. This whole "lets keep playing and he'll get the odd goal and then I'll feel good because he is a scouser attitude is Bull$hit.

He should go in the summer along with Cisse and Morientes. Not good enough anymore. If the transfer window was still open I'd have him out now, no room for sentiment when it comes to team selection. Get on with your life!

Big Niall,

That is the BEST and MOST ACCURATE post I have EVER read on this forum.

What you have said there is so true and realistic, it has to be complimented.

There are too many dreamers and such like in here its untrue.
but your post was so good I had to reply, sorry.

And I have been here for 3 years at least.

Signed
THE Hustler

Oh, errr, just a minute - I have a photo of you:

"THE Hustler."

Tell a friend to clean this dogsh*te up.

You Venereal wart.
Last edited by Lando_Griffin on Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion