Fowler so far... - What does everyone think?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby babu » Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:23 am

well i reckon Fowler has to start. More interesting is who will be his stike partner.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:47 am

7_Kewell wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:Stu, i ask again....show me where i've ever started a topic (or responded) and defended Baros??!  You're such an idiot you don't even know who you're arguing with anymore....perhaps you could revive your thread where you claim Joey Barton is better than Gerrard   :D

You quote me where i said Barton was better footballer than Steven Gerrard and i'll gladly hand over my house and everything i own.

100% Genuine that.

Go on smart :censored:. You're gonna put words in my mouth, quote me on it. If you can't and i didn't actually say Barton was a better footballer than Gerrard... how about you do the same thing...

You got the balls for that?

Stu, i can't be arsed to go through all the threads (some of us have lives to live) but are you denying you claimed Barton was technically and tactically better than Gerrard?

And you claim to 'know the game'  :laugh:

here it is

(Barton is)technically and tactically he's as good if not SLIGHTLY better than Gerrard.

Ahh, so i said he was technically and tactically slightly better?

Right, so what you're saying is i didn't say he's a better player? I said that certain attributes are better than Gerrard?

As i said 7_Kewell, you're a dickhead. You don't understand the game and in trying to make me look stupid, you've succeeded in making yourself look stupid.

I simply said he uses the ball better than Gerrard occassionally and also has better positional sense and better ability to hold a shape and dictate the pace of a game.

At no point did i suggest for one second he was nearly in the same class as Gerrard as a footballer. In terms of physical ability and mobility, mental toughness and attitude and leadership he's not in the same class and probably never will be.

Let me clarify that to you as you're to thick to understand, I'll put it in its most simple terms. What i actually said was Barton was SLIGHTLY better TECHNICALLY AND TACTICALLY, something along the lines of:

Technically out of 20... Gerrard 15, Barton 16
Tactically out of 20... Gerrard 14, Barton 15
Physically out of 20... Gerrard 18, Barton 12
Mentally out of 20... Gerrard 19, Barton 11
Leadership out of 20... Gerrard 18, Barton 15
Mobility out of 20... Gerrard 19, Barton 12

So as you see, clearly i rate Gerrard as the far better player, but in your attempts to be little me you just kept putting words in my mouth. At no point did i ever say Barton was a better footballer than Gerrard. I'd brake it down into individual attributes if i thought you were worth the time and effort. You simply aren't though. Come back when you've got a clue.

Now run along lad mummy's calling.
115-1073096938

Postby JBG » Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:44 am

jonnymac1979 wrote:
mikeg wrote:pointless thread

theres already loads of fowler threads open can you just add to them in future please

Who the fucking hell are you gobshite? 

Leave the moderating to the mods and concentrate on your opinions before you get fucked off completely.

Sick of knobheads on here.  :no  :no

I had my troubles with that fool as well John.

Either a 11 year old, a spastic or a wind up (possibly all three?) who is a little too quick to throw the abuse around if you ask me.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:03 pm

JBG wrote:
jonnymac1979 wrote:
mikeg wrote:pointless thread

theres already loads of fowler threads open can you just add to them in future please

Who the fucking hell are you gobshite? 

Leave the moderating to the mods and concentrate on your opinions before you get fucked off completely.

Sick of knobheads on here.  :no  :no

I had my troubles with that fool as well John.

Either a 11 year old, a spastic or a wind up (possibly all three?) who is a little too quick to throw the abuse around if you ask me.

Ban him JBG...

Oh :censored: you can't... :censored: off then ya useless ****!

:D
115-1073096938

Postby jonnymac1979 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:04 pm

Mikeg can go and fuck himself. 

One less dickhead around the place.

Carry on discussion.
jonnymac1979

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:06 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:Mikeg can go and fuck himself. 

One less dickhead around the place.

Carry on discussion.

John that was a bit harsh...

:D
115-1073096938

Postby supersub » Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:59 pm

JBG i have to warn you that the use of the word spastic is now politically incorrect and is deemed offensive to a minority and therefore I implore you not to use it anymore.
JMac will you please refrain from using the word f.uck when referring to other members.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Rafalution » Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:58 pm

All I would like to say about how well Robbie is doing since his return can be summed up in one move against Wigan at the weekend which went un-noticed by most, but for me say's a lot about what Robbie can offer us.
There was a moment in the second half when we were attacking down the right and Robbie and Risse were attacking the box. If you watched Fowler he shouted at Risse and pointed to him to make a run to the near post. Robbie then moved intelligently to the far post and both Wigan defenders were drawn to Risse. If the cross in from the right had been better, Robbie was clear at the back post to score.

In that moment, Robbie not only displayed his intelligence, but also began to show the rest of the team how to make runs to help Robbie find space. At the moment, our movement in general is not good enough. I would like to point to how Arsenal move around the box as an example of good team movement to create chances which is something we do not do well enough as a team at the moment.
In my opinion as soon as the rest of the team can learn some of the link up play and movement which Robbie shows then we will score more goals up front ! At least it's a change from the long ball up front for Morientes and Crouch to try and compete with each other to win, or the ball down the right flank for Cisse to run after.

To sum up, I think he's offering much more than we've currently got and I think he will improve our general play once the rest of the team have worked out how best to play with Fowler. All in all, it looks promising.
Rafalution

Postby dawson99 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:01 pm

another user friendly thread i see
i think fowlers doing good so far, if anyone cares :)
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:32 pm

dawson99 wrote:another user friendly thread i see

To be quite honest we don't fuck off. :D
115-1073096938

Postby stmichael » Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:06 pm

stu_the_red wrote:
dawson99 wrote:another user friendly thread i see

To be quite honest we don't fuck off. :D

:laugh:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:46 pm

stu_the_red wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:Stu, i ask again....show me where i've ever started a topic (or responded) and defended Baros??!  You're such an idiot you don't even know who you're arguing with anymore....perhaps you could revive your thread where you claim Joey Barton is better than Gerrard   :D

You quote me where i said Barton was better footballer than Steven Gerrard and i'll gladly hand over my house and everything i own.

100% Genuine that.

Go on smart :censored:. You're gonna put words in my mouth, quote me on it. If you can't and i didn't actually say Barton was a better footballer than Gerrard... how about you do the same thing...

You got the balls for that?

Stu, i can't be arsed to go through all the threads (some of us have lives to live) but are you denying you claimed Barton was technically and tactically better than Gerrard?

And you claim to 'know the game'  :laugh:

here it is

(Barton is)technically and tactically he's as good if not SLIGHTLY better than Gerrard.

Ahh, so i said he was technically and tactically slightly better?

Right, so what you're saying is i didn't say he's a better player? I said that certain attributes are better than Gerrard?

As i said 7_Kewell, you're a dickhead. You don't understand the game and in trying to make me look stupid, you've succeeded in making yourself look stupid.

I simply said he uses the ball better than Gerrard occassionally and also has better positional sense and better ability to hold a shape and dictate the pace of a game.

At no point did i suggest for one second he was nearly in the same class as Gerrard as a footballer. In terms of physical ability and mobility, mental toughness and attitude and leadership he's not in the same class and probably never will be.

Let me clarify that to you as you're to thick to understand, I'll put it in its most simple terms. What i actually said was Barton was SLIGHTLY better TECHNICALLY AND TACTICALLY, something along the lines of:

Technically out of 20... Gerrard 15, Barton 16
Tactically out of 20... Gerrard 14, Barton 15
Physically out of 20... Gerrard 18, Barton 12
Mentally out of 20... Gerrard 19, Barton 11
Leadership out of 20... Gerrard 18, Barton 15
Mobility out of 20... Gerrard 19, Barton 12

So as you see, clearly i rate Gerrard as the far better player, but in your attempts to be little me you just kept putting words in my mouth. At no point did i ever say Barton was a better footballer than Gerrard. I'd brake it down into individual attributes if i thought you were worth the time and effort. You simply aren't though. Come back when you've got a clue.

Now run along lad mummy's calling.

stu, i think that post shows just how much :censored: you really spout  :laugh:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:23 pm

Fowler again had an excellent game against Arsenal today. All that's mising is a goal and Rafa should have taken off the very wasteful and completely ineffective Nando instead of Fowler.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:35 pm

To be honest for Robbies confidence and to get him off the mark i was surprised he didnt take the penalty especially when you consider what a decent penalty taker he is too.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby columbia » Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:42 pm

He was unlucky with the chance he had when he shot across lehamann. The touch to bring it out his feet was class.
columbia

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion