Fowler so far... - What does everyone think?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:59 pm

stu_the_red wrote:
Fowler_E7 wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:i think Fowler has shown that we need a proven experienced premiership goalscorer....and for me there's only 1 person who fits that bill...Michael Owen.  He's going to be tearing his hair out in the summer and wouldn't be surprised if he came back for 10 million.

Is Fowler not a "proven premiership scorer"?

You think after 145 minutes on the pitch (less than two full games), thats shown "we need Michael Owen"?

You get better with every post.

Stu...i'm talking about today, not 5 years ago.  Fowler hasn't been a 'goalscorer' for years.  And i'm not talking about just Fowler....Cisse, Morientes need to be sold and we need new strikers...but accoring to you, Fowler is going to be top goal scorer so we won't need anyone, right?  :D

what i fail to understand from you is what was so wrong with Fowlers performance yesterday that made you think he wouldnt score goals for this side in the future, he did as well as i would expect from any new striker making his first start for the club.

What was wrong was is Fowler played as he would have done 5 years ago or as he would have at any point in his career and I might just be right about his level of ability hardly changing, thats whats wrong, god forbid i'm right about a player... AGAIN and 7_Kewell is wrong... AGAIN... just as he was with Baros.

Baros?!?  what the hell has he got to do with anything?  Stu, i've NEVER said Baros was world class....i think you're confusing me with someone else on that matter  :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:02 pm

stu_the_red wrote:
Fowler_E7 wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:i think Fowler has shown that we need a proven experienced premiership goalscorer....and for me there's only 1 person who fits that bill...Michael Owen.  He's going to be tearing his hair out in the summer and wouldn't be surprised if he came back for 10 million.

You think after 145 minutes on the pitch (less than two full games), thats shown "we need Michael Owen"?

Stu...i'm talking about today, not 5 years ago.  Fowler hasn't been a 'goalscorer' for years.  And i'm not talking about just Fowler....Cisse, Morientes need to be sold and we need new strikers...but accoring to you, Fowler is going to be top goal scorer so we won't need anyone, right?  :D

what i fail to understand from you is what was so wrong with Fowlers performance yesterday that made you think he wouldnt score goals for this side in the future, he did as well as i would expect from any new striker making his first start for the club.

What was wrong was is Fowler played as he would have done 5 years ago or as he would have at any point in his career and I might just be right about his level of ability hardly changing, thats whats wrong, god forbid i'm right about a player... AGAIN and 7_Kewell is wrong... AGAIN... just as he was with Baros.

you might be right?  :D   back tracking are we now stu...a few weeks ago you said you WERE RIGHT on this.....now you might be?  quality stu.....but to recap.  You've said Fowler hasn't lost any ability or quality.......i disagree.  So for you to be proven right, Fowler will have to score 10 goals this season and 20+ next.  I don't think that will happen.. I'll be gladly be proven wrong....but i don't think it will happen.  Fowler is a quick fix to ive the squad a moral boost and put the strikers on their toes a bit more.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:04 pm

7_Kewell wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:
Fowler_E7 wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:

you might be right?  :D   back tracking are we now stu...a few weeks ago you said you WERE RIGHT on this.....now you might be?  quality stu.....but to recap.  You've said Fowler hasn't lost any ability or quality.......i disagree.  So for you to be proven right, Fowler will have to score 10 goals this season and 20+ next.  I don't think that will happen.. I'll be gladly be proven wrong....but i don't think it will happen.  Fowler is a quick fix to ive the squad a moral boost and put the strikers on their toes a bit more.

so how do you think that Fowler has lost quality and abilty?
Last edited by Fowler_E7 on Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:06 pm

7_Kewell wrote:Now, where did i say Fowler would be "top scorer"?

you said he'll score 20 league goals...that would out him in the top 4 of premiership strikers...also you have been harping on how 'in the right system' his old form would return.  The fowler of old would bag 25 goals a season....i'm looking forward to seeing that happen  :laugh:[/quote]
Do I even need to reply to this attempt to bait me.

Well lets have a go...

You obviously think you're some sort of comedian. Everyone reading this can see you're nothing more than a stupid child who doesn't know football.

For every time in this thread I've said (and you can point out) Fowler will recapture his old form i'll give you a tenner. Infact, if anyone can in the forum can point out where i've said Fowler will ever perform to more than 80% of the standard he once did, i'll give them a tenner. :)

For everytime i've said HE WILL (not is capable) score 20 LEAGUE goals every season and this season, I'll give you a tenner. :)

Again, you try to put words in my mouth to make me look stupid, you come out with comments such as...

"i think Fowler has shown that we need a proven experienced premiership goalscorer....and for me there's only 1 person who fits that bill...Michael Owen.  He's going to be tearing his hair out in the summer and wouldn't be surprised if he came back for 10 million."

Fowler isn't a proven premiership goalscorer... ???

I think you need to check your facts then come back.

Also way you are seemingly wanting the lad to fail (which he won't) so you can "prove to everyone i know nothing"... even though the more respected members of the board and people who understand the game think otherwise...
115-1073096938

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:08 pm

stu_the_red wrote:

you said he'll score 20 league goals...that would out him in the top 4 of premiership strikers...also you have been harping on how 'in the right system' his old form would return.  The fowler of old would bag 25 goals a season....i'm looking forward to seeing that happen  :laugh:

Well lets have a go...

You obviously think you're some sort of comedian. Everyone reading this can see you're nothing more than a stupid child who doesn't know football.

For every time in this thread I've said (and you can point out) Fowler will recapture his old form i'll give you a tenner. Infact, if anyone can in the forum can point out where i've said Fowler will ever perform to more than 80% of the standard he once did, i'll give them a tenner. :)

For everytime i've said HE WILL (not is capable) score 20 LEAGUE goals every season and this season, I'll give you a tenner. :)

Again, you try to put words in my mouth to make me look stupid, you come out with comments such as...

"i think Fowler has shown that we need a proven experienced premiership goalscorer....and for me there's only 1 person who fits that bill...Michael Owen.  He's going to be tearing his hair out in the summer and wouldn't be surprised if he came back for 10 million."

Also way you are seemingly wanting the lad to fail (which he won't) so you can "prove to everyone i know nothing"... even though the more respected members of the board and people who understand the game think otherwise...[/quote]
i don't want any liverpool player to fail...i just don't think he is the solution that everyone makes out to our obvious striker problems.  You seem to think he's the same player he was 10 years ago....i diagree.
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:10 pm

7_Kewell wrote:you might be right?  :D   back tracking are we now stu...a few weeks ago you said you WERE RIGHT on this.....now you might be?  quality stu.....but to recap.  You've said Fowler hasn't lost any ability or quality.......i disagree.  So for you to be proven right, Fowler will have to score 10 goals this season and 20+ next.  I don't think that will happen.. I'll be gladly be proven wrong....but i don't think it will happen.  Fowler is a quick fix to ive the squad a moral boost and put the strikers on their toes a bit more.

Is that what Fowler must do is it?

I have never said Fowler is 80% of the player he was?

Think its time to link this to one or two old threads and edit my posts in bold for you...

You're making yourself look a bigger idiot with every post. No doubt on this one... again when i'm right you won't learn your lesson, just as you didn't with Baros, did you see those Baros threads the other day 7_Kewell, telling me how wrong i was in those threads aswell...

You haven't conducted a good arguement once on this board, face it, you can't. Everyone here can see it.
115-1073096938

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:11 pm

7_Kewell wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:

you said he'll score 20 league goals...that would out him in the top 4 of premiership strikers...also you have been harping on how 'in the right system' his old form would return.  The fowler of old would bag 25 goals a season....i'm looking forward to seeing that happen  :laugh:

Well lets have a go...

Also way you are seemingly wanting the lad to fail (which he won't) so you can "prove to everyone i know nothing"... even though the more respected members of the board and people who understand the game think otherwise...

i don't want any liverpool player to fail...i just don't think he is the solution that everyone makes out to our obvious striker problems.  You seem to think he's the same player he was 10 years ago....i diagree.[/quote]
:sleep

Show me where i've said he's the same player as 10 years ago.
115-1073096938

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:18 pm

stu_the_red wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:you might be right?  :D   back tracking are we now stu...a few weeks ago you said you WERE RIGHT on this.....now you might be?  quality stu.....but to recap.  You've said Fowler hasn't lost any ability or quality.......i disagree.  So for you to be proven right, Fowler will have to score 10 goals this season and 20+ next.  I don't think that will happen.. I'll be gladly be proven wrong....but i don't think it will happen.  Fowler is a quick fix to ive the squad a moral boost and put the strikers on their toes a bit more.

Is that what Fowler must do is it?

I have never said Fowler is 80% of the player he was?

Think its time to link this to one or two old threads and edit my posts in bold for you...

You're making yourself look a bigger idiot with every post. No doubt on this one... again when i'm right you won't learn your lesson, just as you didn't with Baros, did you see those Baros threads the other day 7_Kewell, telling me how wrong i was in those threads aswell...

You haven't conducted a good arguement once on this board, face it, you can't. Everyone here can see it.

what are you going on about Baros for?  I haven't a clue what you're on about.
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:27 pm

i think Fowler has shown that we need a proven experienced premiership goalscorer

Genius! :D
115-1073096938

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:29 pm

Stu, i ask again....show me where i've ever started a topic (or responded) and defended Baros??!  You're such an idiot you don't even know who you're arguing with anymore....perhaps you could revive your thread where you claim Joey Barton is better than Gerrard   :D
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:50 pm

7_Kewell wrote:Stu, i ask again....show me where i've ever started a topic (or responded) and defended Baros??!  You're such an idiot you don't even know who you're arguing with anymore....perhaps you could revive your thread where you claim Joey Barton is better than Gerrard   :D

You quote me where i said Barton was better footballer than Steven Gerrard and i'll gladly hand over my house and everything i own.

100% Genuine that.

Go on smart :censored:. You're gonna put words in my mouth, quote me on it. If you can't and i didn't actually say Barton was a better footballer than Gerrard... how about you do the same thing...

You got the balls for that?
115-1073096938

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:06 pm

No i didn't think so! :D
115-1073096938

Postby redmikey » Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:26 pm

you pair have 6000 plus post between you and i reckon 5999 must have been my dads bigger than your arguments.
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:46 pm

7_Kewell wrote:
Fowler_E7 wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:Fowlers use of the ball yesterday was very good and his movement was clever and that of a class forward, his touches and interplay was smart and the part he played in the second goal was promising. He's not fully fit, he's not at his best, however he's still giving us options and looks better than the other three we've got upfront.

He'll score goals given time, he's a quality player, even if Nigel Worthington doesn't think so.

I am right about Fowler, he'll prove it.

Agree with that, Fowler wasnt outstanding but what he did was promising and showed that he still has plenty of abilty and something to offer to the side. Personally i thought his use of the ball was very refreshing compared to the likes of Cisse. Im pretty sure Fowler will score a fair few this season, im hoping for around 10 in the premiership and champions league.

i think Fowler has shown that we need a proven experienced premiership goalscorer....and for me there's only 1 person who fits that bill...Michael Owen.  He's going to be tearing his hair out in the summer and wouldn't be surprised if he came back for 10 million.

Here's a news flash, just for you:

Fowler is a better goalscorer than Owen.

And again, just so you understand it:

And just to make absolutely certain you've got it:

(And you're starting to sound like you fancy Owen, BTW.)

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:50 pm

fowler playing in the hole  ???  a la litmanen/sheringham..maybe

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion