Fowler so far... - What does everyone think?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:39 pm

7_Kewell wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:
Fowler_E7 wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:I don't think he actually adds anything to our squad in the terms of ability.

I'm still hoping Rafa clears out all our strikers (apart from Crouch) and brings in Owen and someone else.

what are you on about? do you think Cisse or Crouch could spot any of those passes Fowler did yesterday? could they play that through ball to Gerrard? or the cross to Morientes? i seriously doubt it. Fowler although not fully fit definitely brought something to the attack yesterday and generally was involved i most things when he was on the pitch.

He didn't because Nigel Worthington doesn't rate him.

stu....tell me this.  Is fowler going to become the 25 goal striker now he's back in the 'right system'?

25 goals this season? Don't be silly.

20 goals next season, don't see why not. He's good enough.

Mind you, Nigel Worthington doesn't think so does he...
115-1073096938

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:39 pm

Fowler_E7 wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:Fowlers use of the ball yesterday was very good and his movement was clever and that of a class forward, his touches and interplay was smart and the part he played in the second goal was promising. He's not fully fit, he's not at his best, however he's still giving us options and looks better than the other three we've got upfront.

He'll score goals given time, he's a quality player, even if Nigel Worthington doesn't think so.

I am right about Fowler, he'll prove it.

Agree with that, Fowler wasnt outstanding but what he did was promising and showed that he still has plenty of abilty and something to offer to the side. Personally i thought his use of the ball was very refreshing compared to the likes of Cisse. Im pretty sure Fowler will score a fair few this season, im hoping for around 10 in the premiership and champions league.

i think Fowler has shown that we need a proven experienced premiership goalscorer....and for me there's only 1 person who fits that bill...Michael Owen.  He's going to be tearing his hair out in the summer and wouldn't be surprised if he came back for 10 million.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:41 pm

Fowlers use of the ball yesterday was very good and his movement was clever and that of a class forward, his touches and interplay was smart and the part he played in the second goal was promising. He's not fully fit, he's not at his best, however he's still giving us options and looks better than the other three we've got upfront.

He'll score goals given time, he's a quality player, even if Nigel Worthington doesn't think so.

Personally I'm pretty sure you're right on this one, I like his way of understanding how to play with 2 men upfront. I have little doubts he'll score a decent amount of goals for us given the time, but I also expect the same for Mori and Crouch.

In fact, Crouch is a young player, and his best is yet to come.
Last edited by Sabre on Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:41 pm

stu_the_red wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:
Fowler_E7 wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:I don't think he actually adds anything to our squad in the terms of ability.

I'm still hoping Rafa clears out all our strikers (apart from Crouch) and brings in Owen and someone else.

what are you on about? do you think Cisse or Crouch could spot any of those passes Fowler did yesterday? could they play that through ball to Gerrard? or the cross to Morientes? i seriously doubt it. Fowler although not fully fit definitely brought something to the attack yesterday and generally was involved i most things when he was on the pitch.

He didn't because Nigel Worthington doesn't rate him.

stu....tell me this.  Is fowler going to become the 25 goal striker now he's back in the 'right system'?

25 goals this season? Don't be silly.

20 goals next season, don't see why not. He's good enough.

Mind you, Nigel Worthington doesn't think so does he...

I was talking about in a whole season.  so you're saying he's going to score 20 premiership goals next season (should rafa keep him)

how many goals will he score this season then?
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:41 pm

Fowler_E7 wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:Fowlers use of the ball yesterday was very good and his movement was clever and that of a class forward, his touches and interplay was smart and the part he played in the second goal was promising. He's not fully fit, he's not at his best, however he's still giving us options and looks better than the other three we've got upfront.

Agree with that, Fowler wasnt outstanding but what he did was promising and showed that he still has plenty of abilty and something to offer to the side. Personally i thought his use of the ball was very refreshing compared to the likes of Cisse. Im pretty sure Fowler will score a fair few this season, im hoping for around 10 in the premiership and champions league.

He'll probably get about 7 or 8 goals. Any more and its a bonus.

Still 7 or 8 would be a good contribution. He'll also create goals and space for other players and get involved in alround play.

Something Sissy will never do, Morientes only does when he feels like it and Crouch can do when he's on form.
115-1073096938

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:42 pm

Sabre wrote:
Fowlers use of the ball yesterday was very good and his movement was clever and that of a class forward, his touches and interplay was smart and the part he played in the second goal was promising. He's not fully fit, he's not at his best, however he's still giving us options and looks better than the other three we've got upfront.

Personally I'm pretty sure you're right on this one, I like his way of understanding how to play with 2 men upfront. I have little doubts he'll score a decent amount of goals for us given the time, but I also expect the same for Mori and Crouch.

In fact, Crouch is a young player, and his best is yet to come.

I like Crouch...i think he's one striker i'd like to see stay.  For me, the rest can all leave.
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:47 pm

7_Kewell wrote:i think Fowler has shown that we need a proven experienced premiership goalscorer....and for me there's only 1 person who fits that bill...Michael Owen.  He's going to be tearing his hair out in the summer and wouldn't be surprised if he came back for 10 million.

Is Fowler not a "proven premiership scorer"?

You think after 145 minutes on the pitch (less than two full games), thats shown "we need Michael Owen"?

You get better with every post.
115-1073096938

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:50 pm

7_Kewell wrote:
Fowler_E7 wrote:

i think Fowler has shown that we need a proven experienced premiership goalscorer....and for me there's only 1 person who fits that bill...Michael Owen.  He's going to be tearing his hair out in the summer and wouldn't be surprised if he came back for 10 million.

Fowler is a proven Premiership Goalscorer  :upside:  :kungfu:
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:50 pm

stu_the_red wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:i think Fowler has shown that we need a proven experienced premiership goalscorer....and for me there's only 1 person who fits that bill...Michael Owen.  He's going to be tearing his hair out in the summer and wouldn't be surprised if he came back for 10 million.

You think after 145 minutes on the pitch (less than two full games), thats shown "we need Michael Owen"?

Stu...i'm talking about today, not 5 years ago.  Fowler hasn't been a 'goalscorer' for years.  And i'm not talking about just Fowler....Cisse, Morientes need to be sold and we need new strikers...but accoring to you, Fowler is going to be top goal scorer so we won't need anyone, right?  :D
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:52 pm

7_Kewell wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:

Stu...i'm talking about today, not 5 years ago.  Fowler hasn't been a 'goalscorer' for years.  And i'm not talking about just Fowler....Cisse, Morientes need to be sold and we need new strikers...but accoring to you, Fowler is going to be top goal scorer so we won't need anyone, right?  :D

what i fail to understand from you is what was so wrong with Fowlers performance yesterday that made you think he wouldnt score goals for this side in the future, he did as well as i would expect from any new striker making his first start for the club.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:54 pm

Now, where did i say Fowler would be "top scorer"?
Last edited by 115-1073096938 on Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
115-1073096938

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:54 pm

Fowler_E7 wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:

what i fail to understand from you is what was so wrong with Fowlers performance yesterday that made you think he wouldnt score goals for this side in the future, he did as well as i would expect from any new striker making his first start for the club.

i don't have any problem with Fowler's performances.  But i'm very concerned how a 30 year old player who isn't fit or had form for the last 3 years looks better than the players we paid 30 million for.  Does that not worry anyone?
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:55 pm

stu_the_red wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:

7_Kewell wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:He'll probably get about 7 or 8 goals. Any more and its a bonus.

Still 7 or 8 would be a good contribution. He'll also create goals and space for other players and get involved in alround play.

Something Sissy will never do, Morientes only does when he feels like it and Crouch can do when he's on form.

Now, where did i say Fowler would be "top scorer"?

you said he'll score 20 league goals...that would out him in the top 4 of premiership strikers...also you have been harping on how 'in the right system' his old form would return.  The fowler of old would bag 25 goals a season....i'm looking forward to seeing that happen  :laugh:
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mighty mo » Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:57 pm

he showed some good touches yesterday and got into good positions were the poor service let him down,it won't belong before he gets a a goal and with his record against arsenal maybe that will be his first goal in his second coming
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:58 pm

Fowler_E7 wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:

What was wrong was is Fowler played as he would have done 5 years ago or as he would have at any point in his career and I might just be right about his level of ability hardly changing, thats whats wrong, god forbid i'm right about a player... AGAIN and 7_Kewell is wrong... AGAIN... just as he was with Baros.
115-1073096938

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion