Fowler so far... - What does everyone think?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Fernando Morientes > 19 < » Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:42 pm

It's a definitely a different Robbie Fowler in footballing terms. He is more of a team player, who nowadays get more involved in the build-up play. I'm quite confident that he will score a few goals very soon. He is definitely not the slowest striker in the premiership since nobody can take this award from Fernando Morientes...  :D
Last edited by Fernando Morientes > 19 < on Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"He is the player that Liverpool have been looking for." - Ian Rush
Fernando Morientes > 19 <
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:53 pm

My first thoughts about his return to Anfield are positive, but perhaps not so positive as some of you say. I think his games have been decent, but perhaps we were all wanting to see new faces up front, and that with the fact he's an Anfield legend make him having more benevolent reviews.

My rate for his games is "good" but not "excellent". But I think he'll be a very necessary player, until he came I considered Moro had the best finishing ability (although he hasn't  been good enough  in that sense) and now with Fowler we have another good finnisher. And he has all my support.
Last edited by Sabre on Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:05 pm

Robbie has looked quite sharp so far in the games he was pleased and did as well as any player yesterday. He brought some extra class in the last third of the pitch and his of the ball was generally good, and i cant remember him wasting any possesion, he was spotting good passes everywhere. It bodes well for the future, hopefully he will start chipping in with the goals now, and im sure they will come soon.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:15 pm

it's a difficult one with Fowler....like JBG, i was sure he wouldn't play much more in the Premiership and was very surprised to see Rafa sign him.  However, although Fowler does look bright....it begs the question....does that show how good Fowler is, or how awful our strikers are?  I think Robbie gives a moral boost to the team but, from what i've seen so far, I don't think he actually adds anything to our squad in the terms of ability.

I'm still hoping Rafa clears out all our strikers (apart from Crouch) and brings in Owen and someone else.
Last edited by 7_Kewell on Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:21 pm

7_Kewell wrote:I don't think he actually adds anything to our squad in the terms of ability.

I'm still hoping Rafa clears out all our strikers (apart from Crouch) and brings in Owen and someone else.

what are you on about? do you think Cisse or Crouch could spot any of those passes Fowler did yesterday? could they play that through ball to Gerrard? or the cross to Morientes? i seriously doubt it. Fowler although not fully fit definitely brought something to the attack yesterday and generally was involved in most things when he was on the pitch.
Last edited by Fowler_E7 on Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:22 pm

I think Robbie has played well considering he's playing in a completely different plays, also he hasn't really had any chances at goal apart from the over head kick he scored, like many have said I've noticed his movement and bringing people into play and have been very impressed, even though he's not 'Rafa' fit he has brought a breath of fresh air to the club.

If we can start creating chances for him then I'm sure he'll convince Rafa to give him an 18 month extention to his short contract :)
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:25 pm

Fowler_E7 wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:I don't think he actually adds anything to our squad in the terms of ability.

what are you on about? do you think Cisse or Crouch could spot any of those passes Fowler did yesterday? could they play that through ball to Gerrard? or the cross to Morientes? i seriously doubt it. Fowler although not fully fit definitatly brought something to the attack yesterday and generally was involved i most things when he was on the pitch.

no i don't think any of our strikers would have done that....and that just shows how bad they all are, not how good Fowler is.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:27 pm

7_Kewell wrote:
Fowler_E7 wrote:

what are you on about? do you think Cisse or Crouch could spot any of those passes Fowler did yesterday? could they play that through ball to Gerrard? or the cross to Morientes? i seriously doubt it. Fowler although not fully fit definitatly brought something to the attack yesterday and generally was involved i most things when he was on the pitch.

no i don't think any of our strikers would have done that....and that just shows how bad they all are, not how good Fowler is.

so Fowler plays well and that means that he's not good and the others are just bad? what Kind of rubbish is that! regardless of the abilty of our other forwards, the contribution Fowler made was good. Even if Ronaldhinio was playing next to him his contribution would have been good! i really cant see what your getting at with a reply like that?
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:27 pm

Fowler_E7 wrote:

what are you on about? do you think Cisse or Crouch could spot any of those passes Fowler did yesterday? could they play that through ball to Gerrard? or the cross to Morientes? i seriously doubt it. Fowler although not fully fit definitely brought something to the attack yesterday and generally was involved i most things when he was on the pitch.

He didn't because Nigel Worthington doesn't rate him.
115-1073096938

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:28 pm

stu_the_red wrote:
Fowler_E7 wrote:

what are you on about? do you think Cisse or Crouch could spot any of those passes Fowler did yesterday? could they play that through ball to Gerrard? or the cross to Morientes? i seriously doubt it. Fowler although not fully fit definitely brought something to the attack yesterday and generally was involved i most things when he was on the pitch.

arggh that explains it all  :D
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:30 pm

Fowler_E7 wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:
Fowler_E7 wrote:

so Fowler plays well and that means that he's not good and the others are just bad? what Kind of rubbish is that! regardless of the abilty of our other forwards, the contribution Fowler made was good. Even if Ronaldhinio was playing next to him his contribution would have been good! i really cant see what your getting at with a reply like that?

i'm not saying Fowler played bad....but lets not get carried away here, he made some passes and had a weak header saved....yet this is better than what Cisse and Morientes managed in the same match?  that shows how bad our strikeforce is at the moment.
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:31 pm

stu_the_red wrote:
Fowler_E7 wrote:

stu....tell me this.  Is fowler going to become the 25 goal striker now he's back in the 'right system'?
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:32 pm

Fowler_E7 wrote:so Fowler plays well and that means that he's not good and the others are just bad? what Kind of rubbish is that! regardless of the abilty of our other forwards, the contribution Fowler made was good. Even if Ronaldhinio was playing next to him his contribution would have been good! i really cant see what your getting at with a reply like that?

What he's getting at is the fact i had about a 10 page arguement with him about how Fowler would add something to our team and still be a success as he's still got premiership quality.

7_Kewell has a problem with me and is hoping Fowler fails so he can say i was wrong. Which is fine, but shows his true colours and how seriously his posts are to be taken.

Fowlers use of the ball yesterday was very good and his movement was clever and that of a class forward, his touches and interplay was smart and the part he played in the second goal was promising. He's not fully fit, he's not at his best, however he's still giving us options and looks better than the other three we've got upfront.

He'll score goals given time, he's a quality player, even if Nigel Worthington doesn't think so.

I am right about Fowler, he'll prove it.
115-1073096938

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:34 pm

7_Kewell wrote:
Fowler_E7 wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:
Fowler_E7 wrote:

i'm not saying Fowler played bad....but lets not get carried away here, he made some passes and had a weak header saved....yet this is better than what Cisse and Morientes managed in the same match?  that shows how bad our strikeforce is at the moment.

And where was the service for him to do what he's always done best? Do you think the Fowler of 8 years ago could have done more when the team plays like that?

I saw Robbie "in his best years" have far worse games than that. Infact even at his best he had stinkers and looked like he couldn't hit a barn door.
115-1073096938

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:37 pm

stu_the_red wrote:Fowlers use of the ball yesterday was very good and his movement was clever and that of a class forward, his touches and interplay was smart and the part he played in the second goal was promising. He's not fully fit, he's not at his best, however he's still giving us options and looks better than the other three we've got upfront.

He'll score goals given time, he's a quality player, even if Nigel Worthington doesn't think so.

I am right about Fowler, he'll prove it.

Agree with that, Fowler wasnt outstanding but what he did was promising and showed that he still has plenty of abilty and something to offer to the side. Personally i thought his use of the ball was very refreshing compared to the likes of Cisse. Im pretty sure Fowler will score a fair few this season, im hoping for around 10 in the premiership and champions league.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion