Fowler so far... - What does everyone think?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Fowler_E7 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:01 am

personally i thought it was quite selfish of Gerrard to take the penalty over Fowler, i mean what are the chances of Robbie Fowler missing a penalty at Anfield? near zero i would have thought. Not to mention it would have done the crowd and Fowler a world of good to see him score tonight.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:34 am

Fowler has been doing well. Not brillient, but solid and complimentary. I still think that he should not be used as a starting player, but as a weapon, like a pawn that reaches the end of a chess board and can turn the game late on. It's still possitive, but not a long term sollution to our goal scoring problems.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby welsh wizzard » Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:48 am

I tell you something, robbie is getting fitter and fitter with every game i bet he is working his socks off in training as well, he wants to play here for another couple of seasons and know its in his hands, i will put a bet on as well with any of you and say fowler will have more goals than morientes by the end of the season for liverpool, once he scores he will get a hatfull and that won't be to long believe me. Don';t you think he has lost a bit of weight since he has returned as well he was bit on the large side at city, but thats going, 12 league games to go and hopefully a run for robbie in the champions league especially at home, he will get around 7 or 8 goals i feel, and earn himself a 2 year contract, why because he wants it more than anything, morientes NO!! he just can't hack this league and needs to return to spain, where he needs alot more time on the ball.
welsh wizzard
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Poolinc. » Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:49 am

Fowler_E7 wrote:personally i thought it was quite selfish of Gerrard to take the penalty over Fowler, i mean what are the chances of Robbie Fowler missing a penalty at Anfield? near zero i would have thought. Not to mention it would have done the crowd and Fowler a world of good to see him score tonight.

Yes! But had Robbie taken and missed??? Might have shattered his confidence and he must feel huge pressure to score that all important first goal!! Better it comes from the field of play. Let's leave the penalty to when he's on a hat-trick!
Poolinc.

Postby Small John » Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:16 am

Fowler.......2 Starts...no Goals!
Small John

Postby welsh wizzard » Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:24 am

small john whats that supposed to mean!!!!!!!!!!
welsh wizzard
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Small John » Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:27 am

doesnt need an explanation from me!
Small John

Postby welsh wizzard » Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:29 am

How many games has fowler started this season?
welsh wizzard
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kukilon » Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:10 am

Small John is just a troll so don't feed him.

Fowler did great today.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:43 am

7_Kewell wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:Stu, i ask again....show me where i've ever started a topic (or responded) and defended Baros??!  You're such an idiot you don't even know who you're arguing with anymore....perhaps you could revive your thread where you claim Joey Barton is better than Gerrard   :D

You quote me where i said Barton was better footballer than Steven Gerrard and i'll gladly hand over my house and everything i own.

100% Genuine that.

Go on smart :censored:. You're gonna put words in my mouth, quote me on it. If you can't and i didn't actually say Barton was a better footballer than Gerrard... how about you do the same thing...

You got the balls for that?

Stu, i can't be arsed to go through all the threads (some of us have lives to live) but are you denying you claimed Barton was technically and tactically better than Gerrard?

And you claim to 'know the game'  :laugh:

here it is

(Barton is)technically and tactically he's as good if not SLIGHTLY better than Gerrard.

Ahh, so i said he was technically and tactically slightly better?

Right, so what you're saying is i didn't say he's a better player? I said that certain attributes are better than Gerrard?

As i said 7_Kewell, you're a dickhead. You don't understand the game and in trying to make me look stupid, you've succeeded in making yourself look stupid.

I simply said he uses the ball better than Gerrard occassionally and also has better positional sense and better ability to hold a shape and dictate the pace of a game.

At no point did i suggest for one second he was nearly in the same class as Gerrard as a footballer. In terms of physical ability and mobility, mental toughness and attitude and leadership he's not in the same class and probably never will be.

Let me clarify that to you as you're to thick to understand, I'll put it in its most simple terms. What i actually said was Barton was SLIGHTLY better TECHNICALLY AND TACTICALLY, something along the lines of:

Technically out of 20... Gerrard 15, Barton 16
Tactically out of 20... Gerrard 14, Barton 15
Physically out of 20... Gerrard 18, Barton 12
Mentally out of 20... Gerrard 19, Barton 11
Leadership out of 20... Gerrard 18, Barton 15
Mobility out of 20... Gerrard 19, Barton 12

So as you see, clearly i rate Gerrard as the far better player, but in your attempts to be little me you just kept putting words in my mouth. At no point did i ever say Barton was a better footballer than Gerrard. I'd brake it down into individual attributes if i thought you were worth the time and effort. You simply aren't though. Come back when you've got a clue.

Now run along lad mummy's calling.

stu, i think that post shows just how much :censored: you really spout  :laugh:

Yes of course it does. :)

7_Kewell...

"Fowler's not a proven premiership goalscorer"...
"Carragher's world class"
"Nigel Worthington said Fowler's not good enough so that means its a fact and you're a fool to disagree"

Need i say more? :D
Last edited by 115-1073096938 on Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
115-1073096938

Postby 115-1073096938 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:46 am

Fowler was again rubbish today, 7_Kewell was completely correct about him, Nigel Worthington said he was rubbish so thats final and everyone else is an idiot... :D

:kungfu:
115-1073096938

Postby Sabre » Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:51 am

Technically out of 20... Gerrard 15

What?

Who has written this? (I picked from a multi quote, I'm not sure)

What's technically mean for english speakers?, in my book Gerrard is 18 out of 20, at the least. I have seen few players that run so well with the ball in their feet, that balances so well and positions so well his body to shoot the ball, and that has also a good touch for passes. Even when tackling he shows excellent technical skills, he's very technical player!

But then, what does "technically" mean? technically as in Image ?
Last edited by Sabre on Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:53 am

Carra is going to be World Class, if he gets his opportunity this Copa Mundial
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:24 am

Sabre wrote:
Technically out of 20... Gerrard 15

What?

Who has written this? (I picked from a multi quote, I'm not sure)

What's technically mean for english speakers?, in my book Gerrard is 18 out of 20, at the least. I have seen few players that run so well with the ball in their feet, that balances so well and positions so well his body to shoot the ball, and that has also a good touch for passes. Even when tackling he shows excellent technical skills, he's very technical player!

But then, what does "technically" mean? technically as in Image ?

Sabre you'd say he's in the same class as Ronaldinho? Pires? Henry? Fowler? Kewell? Alonso?

No chance mate.

Gerrard is good technically, very good infact, he's not class in that area though.

Technically meaning touch, weight of pass, skill, ability to manipulate the ball, technique.

You talk of him running with the ball, his ability to dribble isn't Giggs like, Joaquin like or Ronaldinho like... his balance is good and his pace is good, but its not all technical. Mostly is determination, a touch of pace and decent touches, he's not a technical player, he's a determined player. Ronaldinho is technical.
115-1073096938

Postby 115-1073096938 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:24 am

el_stinger wrote:Carra is going to be World Class, if he gets his opportunity this Copa Mundial

Don't be stupid.
115-1073096938

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion