Fowler's off - Farewell to a legend

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Elchris » Fri May 11, 2007 10:16 pm

Goodbye Robbie fowler..!!

You'll Never Walk Alone
Elchris

Postby Bad Bob » Fri May 11, 2007 10:18 pm

Personally, I was just glad to have the opportunity to see Robbie play in the red shirt--even if he wasn't quite the Robbie of legend and even if it was only on telly.  Watching his Indian Summer during last season's run-in was a special time to be a Liverpool fan.  Sadly he's had few opportunities to find that form this season but there's nowt that can be done about that now.

I was going to give the Charlton game a miss since it won't be televised over here (Man U v. West Ham no doubt, given the relegation battle) but I just simply cannot miss the send off for God.  Another Saturday (well, Sunday in this case) morning squinting into the laptop screen but the headache will be worth it win or lose this time.

For everyone that's going to the match, shake Anfield to the foundations in honour of Robbie.  Show the lad one last time what he means to this club and its supporters!

Walk On, God! :buttrock
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby el_stinger » Sat May 12, 2007 12:18 am

Hope he gets to come to Australia. Would love him to play for Adelaide.

All time favorite player, first shirt I bought had his name on the back. Always was Robbie at lunchtime in the yard.

So in disbelief when he was discarded by The Frog, yet I felt justice was done when ""shock"' Rafa signed him again. One of my happiest days.

YNWA
Last edited by el_stinger on Sat May 12, 2007 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sat May 12, 2007 12:20 am

People today bang on about Henry, Ronaldo, and  (disgracefuly) Drogba. Compared to these three, in Robbie's prime, there wouldn't be one to lace his boots when it comes to the killer stroke in front of the net. Easily the best natural finisher I've ever seen. Robbie is to football what Ronnie O' Sullivan is to snooker - a natural. Only difference is, that Ronnie was gifted from God, whilst Robbie is God!

Thou shall not have any strikers in memory before him!

Slan agat, Robbie!
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sat May 12, 2007 12:21 am

The last image I want to see of Robbie Fowler at Liverpool is holding the European Cup.

That will be the perfect way to crown a dazzling career.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Sat May 12, 2007 3:18 am

GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck for the future, a legend to end all legends.

:cool:
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Sat May 12, 2007 3:23 am

Was at his return match vs Birmingham. Will never ever forget it! If only he hadn't of been offside!

GOD - the Legend will never die.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red_guy » Sat May 12, 2007 4:35 am

Definitely one of the best strikers in the world. A true legend. We'll miss you robbie lad.
YNWA!!!
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Sat May 12, 2007 11:16 am

el_stinger wrote:Hope he gets to come to Australia. Would love him to play for Adelaide.

All time favorite player, first shirt I bought had his name on the back. Always was Robbie at lunchtime in the yard.

So in disbelief when he was discarded by The Frog, yet I felt justice was done when ""shock"' Rafa signed him again. One of my happiest days.

YNWA

I remember having the white away shirt with the green shoulders and black adidas markings on the front, loved the top. On the back FOLWER 23, his first number.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sat May 12, 2007 12:10 pm

Absolutely gutted.....I literally grew up seeing fowler score goals in the late 90s. Have to say he is the best finisher i have seen along with rush and van basten.    :bowdown

Still think he could be a good 4th choice striker if he improves his fitness.....
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Sat May 12, 2007 12:21 pm

I remember getting his autograph as a kid outside the pumphouse. True scouser kept to his roots. Was reading the tribute on .tv, an im really close to crying here there's tears in my eyes!
Last edited by wrighty (not mark!) on Sat May 12, 2007 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Naomi » Sat May 12, 2007 3:37 pm

I had the privilege of meeting Robbie one night in a nightclub and he must be one of the most charming and funny people i have ever met. The guy is an utter legend and i just think that it is a shame that he couldn't have played more this season as i still rank him above all our current strikers when he is on form. He will be sorely missed both as a player and as a personality, maybe there is a chance of him sticking around at Liverpool and helping the up and coming strikers of the academy? Wherever he goes, i wish him the best of luck, lets hope he gets a hat trick on Sunday and at least a start in the Champions League Final, the perfect end to a great Liverpool career. Goodbye and good luck Robbie, you truly are GOD!!!
You can buy all the quality you like, but without desire, passion and the insatiable will to win, it’s nothing.
Naomi

Postby Woollyback » Sat May 12, 2007 4:38 pm

Fowler is my favourite player ever to wear a liverpool shirt. as far as i am concerned he can do no wrong, he is quite simply a LEGEND.

i just hope he can go out with a bang and get a chance to give us the ultimate farewell in athens
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Jan Cuelemans » Sat May 12, 2007 4:57 pm

I have been supporting Liverpool since I was a kid & I'm 47 now.

Since that time I've had players who I looked towards as my (not hero's, a word ofton used out of true meaning) favourate.

Smith
Hughes
Keegan
Dalglish
Rush

Then came along Robbie Fowler, to me he was what I could relate to.

I've watched him so many times. I even went to a Leeds game just to watch him play but went very early as it was not the Robbie of Liverpool. His heart was not there.

I will miss him.

I hope you get what you want from the rest of your life & career.

Dave Cooley.
The ofton underrated, Belgium Internalional Superstar !
Jan Cuelemans

Postby Effes » Sat May 12, 2007 6:18 pm

My daughter's christening was on the day we played Arsenal at home in 1994.

I lent my season ticket out, Robbie got the fastest hat-trick that day.

We went into town that evening, and who do we bump into in Rosie O'Grady's?

Robbie - me brother and mate got autographs. :D
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion