Wherever Robbie goes all the best to the man, an Anfield legend. :bowdown
Were not Brazil were Norn Iron.
          Faugh a Ballagh.
                YNWA
        Healy......Healy !!!!!
jkop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:29 am

Kewell2Dominate wrote:Thats a deadset insult to robbie. F*ck me!

I dunno. Port Vale are probably on a par with Sydney FC.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mungi » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:29 am

just saw on channel 7 news that robbie fowler is here in sydney currently given a tour of the city. reports are saying a 1 mill a yr deal. im very excited and im will be one of many sitting in the cove watching God do his miracles at aussie. Cmon God sign with Sydney FC!!!
mungi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby benf » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:40 am

yeh i should have used probably.....and also Sydney FC suck **** because they didn't make it to the 07 final....fowler don't go there!
benf

Postby ykickamoocow » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:17 am

benf wrote:yeh i should have used probably.....and also Sydney FC suck **** because they didn't make it to the 07 final....fowler don't go there!

Sydney FC are a decent team and probably would have made the finals if it wasnt for a useless coach. They started playing alot better when they changed coaches for the Asian Champions League.
ykickamoocow

Postby mungi » Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:10 pm

yea, with butcher it was very chop legs, very physical. first half good second half bad. with culina the team's passing is slick. very good to watch
mungi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:29 pm

i thought that the old firm were interested in him?

personally, i think if rangers signed him, they'd win the title back from celtic. him and boyd would score 50-60 goals easily between them in that league.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Reg » Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:45 pm

Fowler in Australia for Sydney FC talks: reports 07-12-2007, 10h57 SYDNEY (AFP)

Former Liverpool ace Robbie Fowler, seen here in 2006, has touched down in Australia for talks with A-League club Sydney FC.
(AFP/File)

Former Liverpool ace Robbie Fowler has touched down in Australia for talks with A-League club Sydney FC, media reports said Thursday.
The striker, modestly known as "God" on the red half of Merseyside, is believed to be in Australia until Monday to inspect the Sydney facilities and decide on whether to become the club's marquee signing for the upcoming season.
Fowler, who scored 183 goals in 369 games during his two spells with Liverpool and has 26 England caps, was released by his hometown club at the end of the Premier League season.

The 32-year-old reportedly has a number of British clubs chasing his signature, including Leicester, Cardiff and Port Vale.
Sydney FC chief executive George Perry told a Sydney radio station Wednesday that he expected a decision from Fowler next week.
Under A-League rules, clubs can sign a marquee player whose wages are exempted from the team's salary cap as a means of raising the sport's profile in Australia.

Former Manchester United striker Dwight Yorke filled the role in 2006, helping Sydney FC to the inaugural A-League title before moving back to Britain with Sunderland.

‘Go for it Robbie’ says Rush Jul 12 2007  by Mark Bloom, South Wales Echo

ROBBIE Fowler has been urged to join Cardiff City – by fellow Liverpool strike legend Ian Rush.
Former Wales captain Rush has revealed details of a private chat the pair had when the Bluebirds’ interest in Fowler first emerged.
And the advice from the old master was emphatic: “Cardiff City is the right move for you Robbie.”
Rush told the Echo: “I’ve told Robbie to go for it.
“I told him that Cardiff is a great city and the supporters are different class.
“I made it clear to him that he would enjoy the whole experience with the Bluebirds.”

And Rush reckons his words could well tip the scales in City’s favour, as the club seek to fill the void soon to be left by the departure of Michael Chopra.  “Robbie has told me that he’s seriously thinking about the move,” added Rush.
“I told him that I think it would be the right move at the right time for both him and the club.
“I made it clear to him in no uncertain terms what he should do.”

And Rush dismissed the fears of some Bluebirds supporters, that Fowler is over the hill at 32.

He continued: “It’s not just a case of the Robbie Flower factor – he would bring skill and experience which would rub off on those around him.

“Robbie still keeps himself fit and he still scores goals and I know he could do a great job in the Championship.
“Getting him on board would be a great boost for Cardiff City, especially now with Chopra gone.
“I just hope it all comes together because I want Cardiff City in the Premiership.
“I want them on the football map because I want the best for Welsh football in general.
“And that will definitely be the case if Robbie goes there.”

Sydney are trying to persuade Fowler to move to Australia, but he’s not thought to be keen.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:48 pm

if he enjoys football then why retire. even if it means sliding down the divisions. Can't believe he is only 32.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby benf » Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:43 am

I think he will go to Sydney, he's in their city in now.
benf

Postby lfc4life83 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:06 am

really benf? i heard he was in Australia? how long is the season down there?
lfc4life83

Postby ykickamoocow » Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:19 am

lfc4life83 wrote:really benf? i heard he was in Australia? how long is the season down there?

He is in Australia at the moment as i saw a photo of him at Sydney Airport. As for your question the Australian season is about 6 months long (or 21 matches for a team which doesnt make the finals and 26 matches for a team which reaches the Grand Final). Its about 8 months if a team makes it into the Asians Champions League. If Fowler joined Sydney FC he would play alot less games than he did while playing for Liverpool.
Last edited by ykickamoocow on Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
ykickamoocow

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:03 pm

i find it very insulting when i see the names of the teams whom Fowler has been linked with.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby ivor_the_injun » Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:16 am

Cardiff it is then...

From BBC Sport:

Fowler agrees to sign for Cardiff

Robbie Fowler has agreed to join Cardiff on a two-year contract.

The 32-year-old striker was released by Liverpool at the end of last season and has rejected moves to Leicester City and Sydney FC in Australia's A-League.

Fowler will be re-united with Cardiff chairman Peter Ridsdale, who was in charge at Leeds when he signed from Liverpool for £11m in November 2001.

He is expected to be officially unveiled at a news conference in Cardiff early next week.

Sydney FC had hoped to lure Fowler, and chief executive George Perry said: "We're bitterly disappointed but we're satisfied we did everything we could to persuade Robbie to come.

"Robbie was tremendously impressed by what he saw in Sydney but he's chosen to go elsewhere."

Fowler travelled to Sydney for talks and admitted he had been hugely impressed with the set-up.

The former England striker's representative George Scott said: "He was incredibly impressed with them and the city. The only thing against them is that Robbie is a Premiership player and he is used to Premiership money.

"The Premiership is unique in terms of the crazy money it generates and there is nothing in the world that replicates it, not even Spain. That money is well beyond Sydney and the Australian league and we know that.

"It is really a battle between money and quality of life and believe me, quality of life counts for a lot of money. All the money in the world is not going to buy your family's happiness."

Cardiff chairman Peter Ridsdale was quoted on Liverpool's website as saying: "We have offered an attractive package and are hopeful Robbie will decide to come.

"Obviously I know Robbie from his days at Leeds and he's an outstanding finisher and outstanding footballer."

Fowler made his Liverpool debut as an 18-year-old in 1993, scoring 171 goals in 330 games before joining Leeds for £11m in 2001 and then Manchester City for £6m in 2003.

Fowler returned for a second spell at Anfield in January 2006, although his starting appearances were limited.
ivor_the_injun

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:15 pm

yep, he is off to cardiff. good luck to him
112-1077774096

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion