Fowler - In numbers

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:55 pm

found this elsewhere and i thought i would share it with you

11,000,000 pounds, the amount David O'Leary paid to bring Fowler to Elland Road in 2001

12,541 fans at Anfield to witness his 5 goals during his home debut in 1993 against Fulham in the Coca Cola Cup. Just 3 players had scored 5 in a single game for the Reds previously: Ian Rush, Andy McGuigan and John Evans

1,519 days away from the club between November 2001 and January 2006

712 friends on his unofficial myspace site, compared to 125 for Ian Rush and 20 for Michael Owen

369 appearances for Liverpool

273 seconds to score a hat-trick against George Graham's Arsenal in 94/95

183 goals for Liverpool, putting him 5th in the club's all-time scorers' chart

165 games needed to score 100 goals – one fewer than Ian Rush

129 consecutive games between March 1994 and September 1996

92 appearances for Man City, with 27 goals

36 goals in the 95/96 season, Fowler's highest ever total

33 appearances for Leeds United, with 14 goals

29 League Cup goals for the Reds

26 caps for England, with 7 goals

23 appearances under Graeme Souness, the man who handed him his Reds debut

23 was the first shirt number Fowler wore at Liverpool

20 out of 26 penalties scored. One of those missed came in front of the North Bank at Highbury in 1997 when referee Gerald Ashby awarded a spot kick even though Fowler admitted David Seaman had not brought him down

18 years old when he made his Liverpool debut against Fulham

17 goals scored in the treble season 00/01

14 European goals for the Reds

14 goals against Aston Villa, Fowler's favourite opponents

11 was the shirt number initially worn by Fowler on his return in 2006 until Djibril Cisse left on loan, vacating the number 9 shirt

10 hat-tricks for Liverpool, the same as Michael Owen. Only Gordon Hodgson (17), Ian Rush (16) and Roger Hunt (12) have scored more

9 is God's number

8, or L8. Fowler is Toxteth's most famous son

6 goals against Everton

5 trophies won with the Reds: 2 League Cups, 1 FA Cup, 1 UEFA Cup and 1 European Super Cup. Fowler was cup tied during the 2006 FA Cup run

5 fingers shown to United fans during the Manchester derby in 2005, a reminder of the number of European Cups won by his former club

3 minutes to score his first goal for England Under-21s on his debut versus San Marino

2 sendings off for Liverpool, both in 1997 against Everton and Bolton

2 PFA Young Player of the Year awards

1 Robbie Fowler

:bowdown
112-1077774096

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:53 pm

i supported liverpool cuz of fowler
sigh
ive even got a soft spot for leeds and man city cuz fowler played there.
i wish he could have a coaching role though. the younger players really seem to look up to him - jody brouwer is a fowler fan. :)
maypaxvobiscum

Postby destro » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:00 pm

I think it is disgraceful that he has had no offers since he left. He can still do a job for someone out there what the :censored: is wrong with them !!
destro

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:59 am

The teams who are going to struggle should go after God he would still get 10-15 league goals for a poor Prem team. God and Earnshaw at Derby would be a good partnership with Steve Howard to come of the bench. Heskey and Fowler at Wigan like it was at Liverpool all those years back. Fowler and Owen for Newcastle, not saying NUFC will struggle, but it would be nice to see God and Owen link up again.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby tubby » Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:28 am

I think if he had stayed injury free he would have eventually eclipsed Rushies record. What a player though.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:35 pm

If he declares he has Norn Oirish grandparents then I bet Dirty Sanchez will sign him up straight away!
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:43 pm

destro wrote:I think it is disgraceful that he has had no offers since he left. He can still do a job for someone out there what the :censored: is wrong with them !!

Perhaps he doesn't want to play anymore, or hasn't had an offer from a club he is interested in? Just a thought.

Personally I hope he hangs his boots up, having played his last game for the club he loves most.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ykickamoocow » Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:08 pm

There are rumours that A League team Sydney FC are after Fowler.

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news....er.aspx
ykickamoocow

Postby RedorDead » Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:21 pm

He's a legend, no doubt about it, I'll never forget some of his contributions, that hatrick against Arsenal, his goals in the two 4-3 wins over Newcastle, his antics with Le Saux and that interesting goal celebration along the goal line against Everton, he never stopped making me smile whatever he did. Walk on Robbie.
L - I - V.....E - R - P.......Double O - L....Liverpool F C!!!!!
RedorDead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:07 pm

robbie is one of the only palyers i have ever seen get hero worship from supporters of other clubs
112-1077774096

Postby cpc4eva » Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:40 am

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,,22048123-23210,00.html?from=public_rss

Anfield 'God' in Sydney talks
By Tom Smithies
July 10, 2007 SYDNEY FC's tortuous search for a marquee player could be leading it to a heaven-sent signing.

Talks have reopened with Robbie Fowler, 32, the former England striker known to thousands of Liverpool fans as "God", and sources say discussions have been positive.

Despite incorrect reports that Fowler, who scored seven goals in 28 England appearances and also had two less successful terms with Leeds United and Manchester City, was due in Sydney yesterday, FC chief executive George Perry flew to London last week to talk terms with the striker and his manager, George Scott.

The move marks a ramping up of Sydney's hunt for a star name with the pre-season Cup beginning this weekend.

Australia striker John Aloisi has turned his attention elsewhere after his advisers and FC could not agree on what the player's camp say was an absolute bottom-line acceptable offer.

With Dutch midfield player Phillip Cocu opting to pursue his coaching qualifications in Holland, Fowler has shot back to the top of FC's hit-list after apparently being discounted earlier in the process.

Released by Liverpool last month after his second spell with the Merseyside club, Fowler has been considering his options, the primary of which is an offer from promotion-chasing Cardiff City.

It had been thought that Fowler's wages would preclude a move to Sydney, yet the striker is the third richest British footballer with multiple property investments and horse racing interests which have netted him more than $67 million.

It's thought that at 32, he is more interested in playing another two years of first-team football than securing the highest package on offer.

His signing would spark excitement among the fans and among the playing squad, several of whom have already privately expressed delight at the possibility.

Aloisi, meanwhile, is considering offers from Japan, the Middle East and America's Major League Soccer, raising the prospect of him lining up against David Beckham.

Perth Glory is confident of recruiting former Socceroo, Portsmouth and Leeds United defender Hayden Foxe and is chasing English striker James Robinson, who is still contracted to Marconi in the New South Wales Premier League and could be tied up until August 5 if the Stallions make the grand final.

"We are hoping Hayden will be here in the next 24 hours and possibly within 48 hours hopefully he'll be a Perth Glory player," said Perth coach Ron Smith.

"Hayden's a top-quality player and it's only the fact he can't (physically) play two games a week in Europe that he's actually coming back to Australia."
cpc4eva

Postby egyptian liverpoolian » Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:44 am

fowler the legand
my real name is mostafa
i am muslim, arab , egyptian
and i adore liverpool
egyptian liverpoolian

Postby Reg » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:30 am

We have been blessed with some great strikers over the years and has been our most obvious weakness in the past 5 seasons.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lfcseb » Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:32 am

fowler was jst great in his time
lfcseb

Postby benf » Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:33 am

we salute to you Robbie you were a great player u'll always b a KOP LEGEND
benf

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion