Forget parry... - Rafa singles out gerrard for mention.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby heimdall » Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:20 pm

LFC2007 wrote:Like Torres, he would have told you in private too so don't worry :)

Yes but in the real world if a manager openly dismisses and criticises you then that is fairly dodgy HR-wise but of course football has no bearing on the real world.  :D
heimdall

Postby heimdall » Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:24 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:
aCe' wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:Like Torres, he would have told you in private too so don't worry :)

why the need to go public with it ?

Because once a person knows the entire World is watching it tends to make them try that little bit harder.

Does it not?

No not necessarily Lando, it could make the player very nervous and jumpy. One of the main things I don't like with Rafa is his tendency to wash dirty linen in public, I much prefer for these things do be done in private or are you suggesting that the players don't give a sh1t what Rafa says unless it's in all the tabloids, if that's the case then we have a big problem.
heimdall

Postby GYBS » Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:26 pm

And how do you know Rafa hasnt already  mentioned it in private to gerrard and to torres last week - whatever he has done it seemed to have done the trick - good man management :)
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:21 pm

Ah right. So if it works and Gerrard plays well, Rafa is a top man manager. If Gerrard plays sh!t, Rafa tried his best and is a top man manager, but Gerrard is a big time Charlie who needs to pull his fecking socks up :laugh: .

Gerrard digs us out of the sh!t yet again and it's tactical genius  :)

Seriously though, thank feck for that.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bammo » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:24 pm

You forgot to mention...

feckin Parry :angry:

:laugh:
Twitter[url=http://twitter.com/IanBamford[/URL]Lego Pirates:
[URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v....o0]http[/url]

Scallies: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=SRWxvm_HNQU
Bammo
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:55 pm

I thought Gerrard was absolutely embarrassingly poor for about 60mins or so today... Muamba played him out of the park and it didnt matter much whether Gerrard came deep to receive the ball or went high up to play as a second striker, he just wasnt able to have any sort of influence on the game... Davis gets sent off, Muamba lets Gerrard do his thing, and Gerrard is back to normal.... Didnt think he had a great game today or anything... Given the spaces Bolton provided us, and the fact that for the last 30mins of the game all they did was retreat deeper into their territory, i thought Gerrard (Torres and Benny too) should have done much better... He missed the target a few times when he had space and time from excellent positions... anyways this probably doesnt belong in this thread so...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:58 am

Must've been Rafa's comments :)
LFC2007

Postby Number 9 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:07 am

Gerrard was sh'it until yesterday,well done Rafa and thank fuc'k BigMick had fanta and went to bed! :D
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:15 am

Number 9 wrote:Gerrard was sh'it until yesterday,well done Rafa and thank fuc'k BigMick had fanta and went to bed! :D

Fecking fell asleep in the chair by the computer Baz, was fecked mate  :D. It bwas S@ints fault for the sh!t streams, if I could've got one to keep going I might have been able to last out I reckon. I di get to see the whole game this morning though so it wasn't too bad I guess.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:21 am

bigmick wrote:Ah right. So if it works and Gerrard plays well, Rafa is a top man manager. If Gerrard plays sh!t, Rafa tried his best and is a top man manager, but Gerrard is a big time Charlie who needs to pull his fecking socks up :laugh: .

Gerrard digs us out of the sh!t yet again and it's tactical genius  :)

Seriously though, thank feck for that.

Our best player plays like he should..have you a problem with that?
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:36 am

bigmick wrote:
Number 9 wrote:Gerrard was sh'it until yesterday,well done Rafa and thank fuc'k BigMick had fanta and went to bed! :D

Fecking fell asleep in the chair by the computer Baz, was fecked mate  :D. It bwas S@ints fault for the sh!t streams, if I could've got one to keep going I might have been able to last out I reckon. I di get to see the whole game this morning though so it wasn't too bad I guess.

You are in the wrong country mate..bout time ya came back home and talked balls as opposed to talking balls from NZ!
Oh by the way,all the streams were shi,te..it was not your mates fault..just a general thing! :)
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:39 am

Number 9 wrote:
bigmick wrote:

You are in the wrong country mate..bout time ya came back home and talked balls as opposed to talking balls from NZ!

You've deffo got a fair point there I'll give you that Barry. Like Fu Man Chu, I shall return (hopefully before long).
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Nando26 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:23 pm

bigmick wrote:I'm surprised that people are giving it the "I don't think it's a big deal". I never said it was a "big deal", I simply quoted the BBC article and said it was an "interesting decision" to single him out and asked for thoughts. Suddenly its "amazing" and "Rafa still can't get it right" and " :angry: Fecking Rafa  :angry::laugh:

I'm going to dodge the blankets just for a second and talk about Gerrard's form. For me, there's something not quite right with him and I'm not sure I agree with Rafa that the court case hasn't effected him. When Freidal saved his point blank effort the other day, Gerrards look was one of disappointment almost mixed with distraction. Similarly, when he was taking the spot kick at White Hart Lane and was copping the "you should be in jail" chants, and the "OJ Gerrard" (which I did find mildly amusing I must admit) I'm not sure he's the type of character to handle that sort of stuff particularly well.

I've always thought he was a complex character Gerrard. the stuff with his Mrs definately had a bearing on his play, and at risk of the blanket throwers giving it the old "he's a grown man and he should just toughen the feck up FFS" I'm goin to say he'll represent a challenge to rafa's man management skills to get back to very best. THAT'S why i think it's an interesting decision to mention him in this way. A "Steven Gerrard? Stevie is the least of my worries, World Class players don't give me sleepless nights" kind of arm around the shoulder response would have been an alternative. That said, as has been pointed out Rafa did go onto praise Stevie up so it's no biggie either way.

One things for sure though, if we don't get Gerrard playing at somewhere near his maximum we'll win feck all. Same goes for Torres who unfortunately also looks a bit off colour.

You found the comments fascinating?

Your easily wowed mate
Nando26

Postby GYBS » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:18 pm

Some people find the comments fascinating as it helps build up the CV against Rafa :;): :)
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Nando26 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:31 pm

True
Nando26

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion