For those of you who were worried about cisse goin - I love liverpool !

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby tubby » Sun Sep 25, 2005 3:42 pm

says he is fighting fit again now after his injury nightmare last season and is determined to be a big success for the club he loves Liverpool and repay the fantastic support of the fans. 
Cisse said he wants to score goals and show that he has the talent to succeed and be a real success at Anfield.

Cisse said: "Me leg's okay, now it's about trying to score goals and finding the level I had before my injury. Physically I'm 100 per cent, but what I need is confidence.

"I love this club and I want to be at Liverpool for a very long time. I like the fans and I don't want to go anywhere and I don't think I will.

"England has not seen the best of me. I really want to show people what I can do. Because of the love the fans have given me I want to give something back to the supporters and score a lot of goals."

The French international is eager to please and eager to make a big impression at Liverpool. He is also a very caring person and recently refused a local hunt permission to ride across the grounds of his country house in Cheshire.

Cisse said: "I've always loved animals. I have a cat, a parrot and I really hate hunting, it's cruel."

Cisse has been a substitute in recent weeks but he says he is not one to complain and accepts the decision as the manager has a big squad at his disposal.

Cisse said: "I love to play. But the boss can't put 20 players on the pitch so someone has to be on the bench and at the moment it's me. I accept it. I'm not frustrated.

"It is not my position on the right, but if I have to play there for the team I'll do it. All our strikers are different. Peter [Crouch] and Nando Fernando Morientes] are good in the air, Flo likes to run with the ball and the good thing for me is I offer something unique because of my speed. The boss hasn't said why he isn't choosing me, but we do talk and have the normal relationship of a player and coach."

Cisse says he loves scoring goals and nothing beats it for him.

"From when I started playing aged six I counted all my goals, even the ones I scored in the street," said Cisse. "I had a little book at home and I'd write down every time I scored. Sometimes it was 100 per week or more, goals became a drug.

"I get the same feeling now. When you score at Anfield it's hard to explain, but it's like 'Wooah! Wow! nothing else in life. I'm not going to say scoring's like making love, but it's almost the same.

"I want to score more goals. I haven't scored enough for Liverpool but I'm confident I can because I did in the past. Right now it's just a question of time for me to understand the system and English football. I know when I start to score there will be a lot of goals."

Cisse says he is desperate to score goals to repay the fans for their kindness and support shown to him when he had his broken leg.

Cisse said: "When I broke my leg, even more than my family, the fans supported me. I received hundreds of letters. Seriously, I think they're the best fans in the world. I always wanted to play in England. For me it is the best league for the fans, the atmosphere and I think at Liverpool those things are the best of all. When Chelsea came to Anfield last year in the semi-final it was incredible." 
-----------------------------------------------------

I myself was worried that he might be sold in the up coming window like but im happy he has made this statement. He is one of our most consistent and best strikers. A lot of people thought that with Pongolle a regular fixture in the sqaud once Nando got back Cisse would slip further down the pecking order. Im sure the truth is that once Morientes gains fulls fittness he will partner Cisse at home as first choice and partner Crouch away from home as first choice. I for one are looking forward to the game in midweek. I think this will be the first time Chelsea will come up against Cisse fit and i think this will only work to our advantage.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Sun Sep 25, 2005 3:59 pm

I think i love this guy's personality

further of him interviewed by timesonline

Did they ever row? “Oh yeah! We had an argument once a week, but the next day it was forgotten. Sometimes I’d have a TV show in Paris and he didn’t like that. Sometimes the argument was football but mostly it was about things outside the game. But he liked my hair! Sometimes he’d say, ‘You look stupid’, or, ‘What are those clothes?’ But only to have fun. It was like dad and son, our relationship was that close.”

if you were young (Cisse turned 24 last month), abroad, your career had almost been ended and now you had to fight to prove yourself, how would you feel?

At Liverpool Cisse has managed 12 goals in 38 appearances, 20 of them starts, still a decent strike rate and better than that of Crouch or Morientes. But at Auxerre his scoring was spectacular. In 128 appearances he struck 70 times. Roux, Auxerre’s manager for 44 years, fashioned a gameplan that played to Cisse’s strengths — his speed and clean, powerful shooting — and did not ask him to do the less comfortable task of linking play.

He was always the same: changing hairstyles and borrowing his brothers’ clothes to experiment with different looks (“I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”) and was always passionately obsessed with a certain thing: goals. “From when I started playing aged six I counted all my goals, even the ones I scored in the street,” he says. “I had a little book at home and I’d write down every time I scored. Sometimes it was 100 per week or more. Goals became like a drug …

anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Sep 25, 2005 4:06 pm

I hope the club looks after him. Im sure Rafa will start him against Chelsea

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mighty mo » Sun Sep 25, 2005 4:46 pm

i think he will be gone in january and thre technically better  dirk kuyt as his replacement,rafa needs a striker to play in his system and dirk kuyt is the option that rafa thinks will do it
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sun Sep 25, 2005 4:57 pm

Cisse always talks a good game doesn't he, but doesn't always back it up with his performances.

If he loves Liverpool so much why is he a lazy b@st@rd on the field?  Why does he stand and watch as his team-mates do all the tackling back while he stands there?  Why does he moan at team-mates and argue with the ref every 5 minutes?  Why is he so selfish in the final third?

Ok, ok, we know he did really well to come back from injury last year and we know it was pretty harsh of Benitez to try and sell him so he could bring in Owen.  And yes he has been unlucky to be played out of position either as a lone striker or out right.  The right response would be to give 100% when he gets a chance and he hasn't been doing that enough.  I can't sympathise with the guy any more after seeing some of the lazy and selfish displays he's put in. 

I hope he gets his head right and shows the right attitude ON THE PITCH, not in the press talking a good game.  Once he does that he'll earn a few starts and then hopefully he can kick on from there and start fulfilling some of that undoubted potential.

To be honest though, despite what I think of Cisse, Benitez's mind is already made up imo.  If he can find a buyer and a replacement for Cisse in January then he's gone.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Sep 25, 2005 6:02 pm

What do you mean, hes scored more than any of our other striker so far this season? Hes one of our most potent players and i dont see him leaving. His exit on was going to accur in Jan to fund the Owen deal and if Rafa wanted to he could haev sold him quite easily to a  number of french clubs as well as spurs. But eh kept him. Cisse has come out and said himself he loves the club and is fine starting on the bench. Belielve me Cisse is not going anywhere. He has no reason to.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Sep 25, 2005 6:04 pm

And besides Dirk Kuyt will not come for less than £14-15Million. They already rejected several offer of £12 from tottenham. And even if Cisse went, we would not get back the £14Million we paid for him. Strikers are not our priority right now. Rafa will only buy a RM and CB. And possibly make a permanent deal for Mark Gonzalez once he gets hiswedding out of the way.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun Sep 25, 2005 6:40 pm

er.......i think it is quite evident that rafa does not rate cisse..... so it is more than a possibility that cisse will leave in january.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby L-type » Sun Sep 25, 2005 6:44 pm

yeah, i hope he gets a xhance to prove himself before January or else ditching him in january will seem a lil premature.  but you gotta love "I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”  :p
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sun Sep 25, 2005 6:48 pm

L-type wrote: but you gotta love "I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”  :p

To be fair you've got to give the lad a chance. He hasn't been married that long after all.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:03 am

i'm really pleased that he got his parrot back
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:15 am

I like Cisse and I don't think it would be a good idea to sell him.

But we do need to get these strikers on form and quickly.

They need to work on the precision and get the goals.

When Morientes recovers from his injury fully he really needs to start scoring.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Mon Sep 26, 2005 3:04 am

He's got to back it up on the pitch though. Every fan on here can say "I Love Liverpool", but it doesn't mean we are all going to go out and produce the goods on the pitch.
Last edited by LFC #1 on Mon Sep 26, 2005 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Espionage » Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:17 am

I think that Cisse adds nothing to Liverpool's attach, as soon as he comes up against any decent teams, his lazyness is exploited when defenders push forward and he doesnt pick them up, when he finds even the slightest bit of space, he shoots 20 feet above the crossbar...

Rafa doesnt rate him, and i will be surprised if he is still hear in January
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby African-red » Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:31 am

I don't understand why so many people are up against Cisse. Is it only Cisse that has been misfiring or is there a conspiracy against him? It will never make sense to me that Cisse gets sold while Moro will stay. And is Garcia any better and does he recover when he looses the ball? I am really starting to think that Rafa is more concerned with the world cup... Everyone knows had Cisse been starting he would have had goals and that is no doubt. We have seen it during the preseason. It all just came back to me because he opened his mouth and the Owen transfer. It is sickening to see fans who used to cheer to Cisse blame him to Owen not comeing to the club. Why don't you blame the management or Owen himself for leaving in the 1st place. Well he's now scoring for NFC so let's just continue playing our side. Rafa will sell Cisse and stay with Moro what a a laugh, but I can understand. Anyways I thought Warnock would never have scored a own goal. Traore got so much stick for it last season in the FA Cup and Warnock does it in the league and all mouths are shut.
African-red

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion