For all those who wanted rafa to spend - 17 million on owen...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby azriahmad » Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:57 am

I'm OK with Owen coming back to Liverpool but it is a big "NO" for me if the price were 17 million. Newcastle were so desperate that they simply had to make such a big bid.

We could do with a clinical striker after seeing how we dominated the past three games yet fail to kill them off early.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:44 am

azriahmad wrote:I'm OK with Owen coming back to Liverpool but it is a big "NO" for me if the price were 17 million. Newcastle were so desperate that they simply had to make such a big bid.

We could do with a clinical striker after seeing how we dominated the past three games yet fail to kill them off early.

I reckon newcastle are in a huge financial chaos....the latest i here is that luque is going back to spain (and this after they spend 10 million on him).....

Another leeds senario..... We should be able to pick up owen on the cheap then....
Last edited by The_Rock on Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:15 am

One of pitfalls of paying so much for one player, one freak incidient ala Cisse's leg last year and there is lot of money suddenly sitting in the stands for quite a while
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:08 am

If MO would have signed for us and stayed injury free he would be into double figures already.
Honestly the amount of shots going into the box is unbelieveable, and a goal poacher ala Owen would be delighted with that service.
I think Rafa will buy a new striker in the summer, as its not number 1 priority now as other areas need strengthening.

I feel sorry for MO now he's had a sh.itty year, if only he could have forseen the future like 7_Kewell hey happy days for Liverpool and MO, we would have been guarenteed of a 2nd place finish had he have signed. Him and Crouchino upfront.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Wiley » Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:16 pm

drummerphil wrote:just taken this from a newcastle forum...

OWEN :censored:
LUQUE A :censored:
RAMAGE :censored:
GIVEN KNACKERED HAND
SHEARER KNACKERED
AMEOBI :censored:
CARR KNACKERED
TAYLOR KNACKERED
BOUMSONG - GAN TO FRANCE
BABAYARO COULDNT GIVE A :censored:
PARKER - KNACKERED
NOBBY - THE MAN!
DYER - DIRE
MOORE - REMEMBER HIM
WHOEVER ELSE I HAVENT THOUGHT OF YOURE ALL :censored: - **censored** OFF BACK TO THE ROCK YOU CAME FROM UNDER AND SOUNESS YOU **censored** OFF TOO - IM :censored: OFF WITH THE TOON

:laugh: :laugh:

C'mon drummer phil,use your head!

at a guess that guy is probably about 13 years old and knows f*ck all about football.

oh yea and happy new year!
Wiley

Postby dward » Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:50 pm

Manager of the month for Rafa again anyone?

I think he should get in again - won every game in December and only conceded 1 goal

:nod
dward
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:56 pm

Like thats gonna happen, its will be Ferguson or Mourinho.

I'd be suprised if we got credit for two months running.

Gerrard should definately be player of the month.
115-1073096938

Postby ivor_the_injun » Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:08 pm

So, if England were playing tomorrow, based on who's available for selection and in form, who do you lot have as your first choice England pairing?

For me, with Owen out, it has to be Rooney and Crouch.
ivor_the_injun

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:14 pm

My england team would be...

Ashton       Rooney
Barry     Parker         J.Cole     Beckham
Cole      Terry        Ferdinand    Neville
                Robinson

Subs:
James
Campbell
Woodgate
Carrick
Lampard
Pennant
Defoe

:;):
115-1073096938

Postby ivor_the_injun » Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:25 pm

Are you sleeping with Dean Ashton, Stu? :D
ivor_the_injun

Postby The Ace1983 » Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:37 pm

This could be real trouble for Newcastle. Under Robson their team looked strong, full of home grown talent aged from 18 to 30 somethings blending the energy of youth with vast amounts of premiership experience. All that was good then has been systematicly pulled apart by Souness. He got rid of Bellamy and as much of a pr.ick he appeared to be off of the field, he did get goals and his pace was worrying. Robert is also a pr.ick, but he did have some talent. Jenas was good and now he's gone. I'm not one for belittling other teams and I won't start now, but I have to say that I am not worried about Newcastle anymore. Souness has proved time after time that he cannot cut it as a manager and I think all the toons know this. Afterall, they were singing "there's only one bobby robson" at the game yesterday. Souness lacks tactics, alienates his own players and constantly makes excuses and passes the buck. With Owen out of the side now, and maybe a couple of games without Given, we could see Newcastle really struggle this season. Shearer is not the player he was a couple of seasons ago (who could of played for England) and seems obsessed with the record which he seems to have cheapened by staying on specifically to have a legacy. Chopra, Ameobi and Luque will probably not get 15 goals between them and it now seems possible that Madrid will raid Luque in January. The defence is a joke. Boumsong is further proof that England's top flight is miles above Scotland's and Titus Bramble has to be the worst player in the league.

So essentially Newcastle are missing their two best players which leaves them with a non-existant defence and a b-team keeper, a midfield full of miss-fits with Parker as the only areal asset, an ageing and/or incompetant strike force and to say the least a poor manager. Add to this bad luck, injuries and the fact that they are in one of the most competative leagues in the world and they sound far more like a newly promoted team fighting against relegation than an established team looking to Europe. In fact, they sound like Everton!  :D

This should make us happy. Not in a mean, bitter way, but because it shows that our board, manager and players have all made good decisions and moved forward. We've bought sensibly and progressed and we are being linked with some of the best talent in Europe. I don't think Newcastle will get relegated, but it's going to be tough for them. We're both looking up at the stars, but the difference is that we don't need a telescope.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:38 pm

ivor_the_injun wrote:Are you sleeping with Dean Ashton, Stu? :D

Don't tell anyone :oops:

:D

Quality player. :)
115-1073096938

Postby banana » Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:39 pm

stu_the_red wrote:My england team would be...

Ashton       Rooney
Barry     Parker         J.Cole     Beckham
Cole      Terry        Ferdinand    Neville
                Robinson

Subs:
James
Campbell
Woodgate
Carrick
Lampard
Pennant
Defoe

:;):

You are worse than souness man....

and being a liverpool fan as you claim still you have no room for Gerrard or Carra. not even on the bench.

maybe you are souness?
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:41 pm

Or maybe i just don't support England. :;):
115-1073096938

Postby drummerphil » Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:04 pm

Wiley wrote:
drummerphil wrote:just taken this from a newcastle forum...

OWEN :censored:
LUQUE A :censored:
RAMAGE :censored:
GIVEN KNACKERED HAND
SHEARER KNACKERED
AMEOBI :censored:
CARR KNACKERED
TAYLOR KNACKERED
BOUMSONG - GAN TO FRANCE
BABAYARO COULDNT GIVE A :censored:
PARKER - KNACKERED
NOBBY - THE MAN!
DYER - DIRE
MOORE - REMEMBER HIM
WHOEVER ELSE I HAVENT THOUGHT OF YOURE ALL :censored: - **censored** OFF BACK TO THE ROCK YOU CAME FROM UNDER AND SOUNESS YOU **censored** OFF TOO - IM :censored: OFF WITH THE TOON

:laugh: :laugh:

C'mon drummer phil,use your head!

at a guess that guy is probably about 13 years old and knows f*ck all about football.

oh yea and happy new year!

wtf.............this was funny as we had newcastle fan upon newcastle fan saying how you were going to do this and that because you signed Owen.We all knew here that with Souness  in charge it will NEVER NEVER happen.Please remember we have been there, worn the t-shirt and regretted every moment.When i posted this other liverpool fans found it funny too.Want to know why.........
Because this is a LIVERPOOL FORUM and not a Newcastle one so if you dont like it :censored: off to a newcastle one.........simple.
btw happy new year too
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion