For all those who wanted rafa to spend - 17 million on owen...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby drummerphil » Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:58 pm

no on the banning front its been pretty quiet,only Barry but i'm sure he was banned before you went away.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Sat Dec 31, 2005 7:11 pm

Shay Given has broken his thumb as well.Christ,those toons are an unlucky bunch :D
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Sat Dec 31, 2005 7:17 pm

Once again Rafa proves his worth 10 in a row, i cant believe it, I feel so good in the team and the way they are playing.

I am confident in the league and look forward going to Paris in May. We look a really good outfit from keeper to forwards even the bench looks good.

I think its about time we had a good run in the FA cup, Id love to win it again.

Fair play to you Rafa and thanks!

Im away out to night in great form.  :)  :)  :)

Happy new year everyone!
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sat Dec 31, 2005 7:26 pm

greenred wrote:Shay Given has broken his thumb as well.Christ,those toons are an unlucky bunch :D

it's another toonarmy disaster :laugh:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Knowledge King » Sat Dec 31, 2005 7:27 pm

The Mister has the sixth sense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Knowledge King

Postby andy_g » Sat Dec 31, 2005 7:31 pm

7_Kewell wrote:He's now out until April with a broken foot!  Rafa was wise not to bow to pressure and waste 17 million on him...especially seeing he's going to be wanting out and his clauses* will allow his out for 10 million.

*according to the press

so the broken foot was inevitable whether he was playing for them or us? written in the stars like? what an amazing prophetic sense rafael benitez has. its great though - we'll be on the twilight zone now as well as all the other channels.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Dec 31, 2005 7:34 pm

I think Cisse is improving his relationship on the pitch with Crouch which is good as he offers real pace. I like Morientes but i just feel his style of play does not suit the premiership. In Spain and in France he scored a lot but that was beacsue their games were not that physical compared to England. I think its a long shot but i feel Moro will be sold in the Summer.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Sat Dec 31, 2005 7:53 pm

andy_g wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:He's now out until April with a broken foot!  Rafa was wise not to bow to pressure and waste 17 million on him...especially seeing he's going to be wanting out and his clauses* will allow his out for 10 million.

*according to the press

so the broken foot was inevitable whether he was playing for them or us? written in the stars like? what an amazing prophetic sense rafael benitez has. its great though - we'll be on the twilight zone now as well as all the other channels.

:grinning:
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sat Dec 31, 2005 8:23 pm

Wouldn't wish injury to anyone, let alone Michael Owen.  It was a freak accident which no one could predict, however what you can predict is that he will miss a number of games with hamstring trouble each year.  He has already missed several games this season because of this and you can be sure he will be out with it again before the season's out.

He's an injury prone player but I'm sure that wasn't in Benitez or Liverpool's thoughts when they were chasing him in the summer.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sat Dec 31, 2005 8:36 pm

Owen on average misses three months of a nine months season yet still consistently manages 20+ goals a season.

Would he improve our team? Damn feckin right he would. He would be worth the fee for te 6 months as i feel we're almost unstoppable as it is.

He'd be immense for us, anyone who questions his talent doesn't know football.

If we had Owen, Joaquin and a class backup/first team defender (not Metzelder) i feel we'd be unstoppable. Woodgate would be my choice but again he's injury prone, still.... a chance i'd take.
115-1073096938

Postby Gareth G » Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:33 am

Agreed Stu. I thinking Cisse is looking better and better every game too, even his crosses were ok today hehe.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:26 am

bavlondon wrote:I I like Morientes but i just feel his style of play does not suit the premiership. In Spain and in France he scored a lot but that was beacsue their games were not that physical compared to England. I think its a long shot but i feel Moro will be sold in the Summer.

Are ya serious, Morientes has been putting in Man of the Match perfromances recently and his class touches etc have added another dimension up front.

As for Owen, without doubt he would be banging them in for us if he was playing for our team, but as he is not, we are doin fine, put it this way not signing him has not been a disaster, just as letting go of Baros ahsn't been, shocking misses again by Meelan  :D

I hope Mikey gets well soon though, he is a good player and don't deserve more disaster in missing the world cup etc.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Sun Jan 01, 2006 4:08 am

In Spain and in France he scored a lot but that was beacsue their games were not that physical compared to England. I think its a long shot but i feel Moro will be sold in the Summer.

I agrees.
LiverpoolMadman

Postby primodua » Sun Jan 01, 2006 5:06 am

come on redssssss....COME ONNN REEDDDDDSSSS!!!!!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO Y'ALL!!!!!

By the way...I never liked the idea of owen coming back to anfield.

eat liverpool, drink liverpool, sleep liverpool
primodua

Postby GOAT » Sun Jan 01, 2006 5:56 am

Well rafa benitez must be a great psychic to know that owen was going to get so many bad injuries this season! Well i always wanted owen to return to anfield and i still do although having to pay 17 million for him made the transfer to us out of the question.
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion