Football Boots and Injuries - Studs or Blades?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby DonnieDarko » Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:42 am

I think it more has to do with support than the cleating I broke my leg the same way (my foot got stuck in the turf) and I was wearing studded Puma Classics 5 or so months ago.
DonnieDarko

Postby dawson99 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:28 pm

they dont just make them to look good. try giving garcia a pair of 1920s steel toe capped boots, yeah sure he wont get hurt as much but he wont be able to do anything else. the boots change the pace of the game and the skill able to be used.
its a risk they take but it makes the football a better game
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:52 pm

I think Injuries are cause by the how the opp. tackles ( hard and fast ) and how the player "fell or manage to escape " from that tackle.
LiverpoolMadman

Postby 48-1119859832 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:03 pm

I think its the turf as well, if boots are getting stuck into the ground and are not coming back up, that's not the boot is it?

Maybe they should scrap grass/turf and play on clay or sand. :laugh:
48-1119859832

Postby Smeg » Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:44 pm

From Out Of Europe wrote:thanx

:laugh:
Smeg

Postby Espionage » Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:23 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:With all the money these feckers at Adidas, etc get, they should be able to invent something that protects AND looks good.

I'm not expert, but would rubber studs help? They'd go deep enough into the ground to avoid slipping, but would have enough play in them to avoid locking.

Just a thought, but isn't it about time they brought out a calf protector? Had Cisse been kitted with pads around the entire lower leg, rather than just the shin, he wouldn't have had either injury.

There are ways to retain flexability, whilst preventing breaks.

It's got to be worth it, surely?

Back in the day when ankle braces first came out you could get metal ones. That sounds great! you cant roll your ankle under any circumstances.  Some pro basketballers wore them.
But what happens if you land awkwardly and in such a way that your ankle has to break? Its possible that the brace will do its job and protect you, however what became apparent is that if the ankle doesnt give way, then the next joint will, being the knee.  Which is worse? Its always going to be a trade-off, but I dont see how a calf brace would be feasible.

Also i thought they said that the revolutionary turf that pros play on these days reduces the chance of injury.
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion