Florent sinama pongolle?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby mikopool » Mon Jul 18, 2005 6:53 pm

What happened to this lad? I remember he suffered that horrible injury late last year, any idea when he will be back to action? Remember seeing him celebrating the cl final, but heard nothing in regards to recovery.
" Some people say football is a matter of life and death, I don't like this attitude, I can assure them, its much more serious then that "

- Billy Shanks.

For life.
mikopool

Postby El Nino_#9 » Mon Jul 18, 2005 6:59 pm

i have no idea mate.
i hope he returns soon.
he was absolutely quality for us last season right before he got his injury.
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:02 pm

He will be back around september October I think.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Afroman » Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:04 pm

He is a least as good as Baros hope he's back soon
Afroman
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:12 pm

a quick glance at the official site says he hopes to be back for the start of the season. wether or not that is reflected by the medical staff or not i don't know.

but i hope he comes back soon. i've said it before and i'll say it again - i think he's going to be a big player for us. he has pace, ball control (see that turn against arsenal last season), a good eye for goal and a good work rate - and he's a good patient professional. taking into account he hasn't quite turned 21 yet i think we have a lot of potential to look forward to from our pongo and i hope to see him get a good many games this season.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mikopool » Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:12 pm

I know, thats why I am asking, if we dump Baros, as long as Flo is fit, I think we are alright!
" Some people say football is a matter of life and death, I don't like this attitude, I can assure them, its much more serious then that "

- Billy Shanks.

For life.
mikopool

Postby A.B. » Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:39 pm

He is supposed to be fit by October.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Paul C » Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:04 pm

I was ualways unsure about him but he had a good spell in the team before getting injured, like most say I'd be glad to see Baros leave and Sinema get his chance. :)
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby El Nino_#9 » Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:39 pm

houllier said that pongolle was a "gem" for the future.
his had a few years at the club now so hopefully that "gem" is ready to shine this season!
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mikopool » Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:41 pm

He was looking fantastic right before his injury, I think he is going to play people off the park. He looked like the physical thing was harsh to handle, but looks like he decided to simply dribble past everybody to avoide getting clattered.

- Billy Shanks.

For life.
mikopool

Postby JC_81 » Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:36 pm

I think Pongolle was very impressive in some games last season before he got injured.  He still needs to bulk up a bit and perhaps lacks a bit of consistency, but I like him as a player and expect him to get a run in the team at some point this season when fit.

Despite his size, he's not afraid to get stuck in and always shows a good attitude on the pitch.  When he and Le Tallec were brought over, I thought Le Tallec looked the better player, but IMO it is Pongolle who has improved, while Le Tallec I just don't think is good enough.

I'm not saying Pongolle is going to be world class or anything, but he's improving all the time and I hope to see even more improvement next season.  If anyone can get the best out of him I'm sure its Rafa.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby cptrios » Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:44 pm

I saw him play over here in Connecticut in the Celtic friendly ( :D what a match!) and above all else, much like the descriptions I'm hearing of Sissoko's performance the other night, the kid just really seemed like he was putting in 200%. He didn't score but his enthusiasm was inspirational, for lack of a less corny word. One of the best pictures I got from the event was of him and Cisse walking off the pitch together...the two look like good friends, and I'd love to see the kind of partnership they could form when they both get into form (though I still have high hopes for Morientes). Let's hope Pongo can bounce back from his injury just like Cisse has.
cptrios

Postby Paul C » Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:57 pm

cptrios wrote:I saw him play over here in Connecticut in the Celtic friendly ( :D what a match!) and above all else, much like the descriptions I'm hearing of Sissoko's performance the other night, the kid just really seemed like he was putting in 200%. He didn't score but his enthusiasm was inspirational, for lack of a less corny word. One of the best pictures I got from the event was of him and Cisse walking off the pitch together...the two look like good friends, and I'd love to see the kind of partnership they could form when they both get into form (though I still have high hopes for Morientes). Let's hope Pongo can bounce back from his injury just like Cisse has.

Well said mate, he was mint against Arsenal and Olympiakos last season, it's always the case when someone is getting to a good standard they always get injured  :no
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby barnesrush » Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:29 pm

really glad the two of them are still at the club cos i feel they will develop into very useful players. le tallecs vision i believe is why rafa seems to like him as he links play well and uses the ball cleverly. pongolle is a pocket rocket a la SWP he jus needs to find the level he was reaching before the injury and he will be a key member of the squad. le tallec may find it hard as their will be many in front of him, i just hope their is a patient relationship between rafa and the 2 as it would be so nice to see them fulfill their obvious talent (especially as we could replace baros with no new signings!). hope to see le tallec given more of a chance as a back upp to garcia if he is going to be the one in the hole off the striker(s)(i can but wish).
cut me and i bleed red
barnesrush

Postby jeffiroquai » Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:52 pm

barnesrush, you said just what I was thinking.  I see Pongy slotting on one of the wings, just behind the striker(s), like SWP does.  He isn't a winger, and not built enough to be an out and out forward, but if he can work behind the mid's and in front of the full's, that is where he will do his business.  He is an excellent player with pace and skill to come off the bench early in the second half to start running the other teams defense all over the pitch!!!!
'Obviously Rafa is notorious for chopping and changing but he is chopping and changing with cream and caviar.'-Steve Coppell
jeffiroquai
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion