redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby Judge » Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:13 am

it is a loan deal to Nice. I am brokering the deal for the french club :cool:
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DAV » Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:31 am

Don't understand this post
I have read the reports on teletext,websites and in papers.
However
That would leave us with Crouch and Morientes.
Possibly Still Cisse unless he's sold.
And Neil Mellor if he's still around.
Well I for 1 very much doubt Our manager would leave us with such few Strikers.
The players are manager says he wants are a right winger and a Defender.
No mention of a Striker, not even any rumours of a Striker.
So I say its all paper talk.
All the games we are, and will be playing this season would make it madness to sell sell sell.
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:08 am

we're not in a position that we need to sell players and i would be very very surprised if a player with so much potential would be offloaded. there always seems to be a lot of speculation about pongo because he's only a bit part player. the thing is though that just about every time he comes on he does the business, either with a goal (remember the classy finish against betis? the equaliser against sao paulo?) or with some clever link up play and movement.

benitez is a shrewd enough manager to know that pongo deserves his place in the squad. he never complains about not playing much and has often stated that he'll play out of position to help the team. top man in my book.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:19 am

I really rate the guy...  My only concern is that he is thinking he needs to move on to progress as he does not get many oppourtunities at Liverpool, ath the moment.

Hope he stays as he has huge potential
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Espionage » Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:21 am

DAV wrote:That would leave us with Crouch and Morientes.
Possibly Still Cisse unless he's sold.
And Neil Mellor if he's still around.
Well I for 1 very much doubt Our manager would leave us with such few Strikers.

Garcia, Kewell and Gerrad are all capable of playing off a striker, anyway Benitez will most likely revert to a 4-5-1, that is basically how we are playing atm....
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:28 am

I dont reckon Rafa will sell Sinama , maybe let him go out on loan for the time being .Sinama has a lot of potential and could still turn out to be a "gem" under the eye of Benitez.
If Rafa is looking to sell a striker the obvious choice would be Cisse , plus Cisse may boost Rafas transfer kitty up, more so than Sinama.
66-1112520797

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:07 pm

I do not believe for a second that Rafa doesn't rate sinama as it is so evident that he offers a lot to the team in terms of link-up play, pace, close-ball control and the ability to 'make things happen'.

If you notice when rafa takes him off the bench it is generally in the situation in which

* We need to close the game off 'a la Arsenal' in which   he  was excellent.

* We are losing the game and need a spark to kick-start our match. Olympiacos comes to mind.

If Rafa didn't rate him, he would be used as a 'luxury substitution' when the game is already won. eg. Potter, Cisse.

For me, this is the best indicator to see whether Rafa rates sinama or not and it is fairly evident that he does. The fact of the matter is, with Kewell, Garcia, Morientes in front of him, it might be best to farm him out to aid his development.

However, if it was me I would definately keep hold of him on the bench at the v.least.
Last edited by wrighty (not mark!) on Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:41 pm

I hope its not true, the lad has a lot of talent far more than Cisse imo.
He has so much potential and i am a little puzzled as to why he hasn't featured more.

Hope this rumour is not right.

I wouldnt even want us to loan him out, he should be playing regulaly for us imo.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:59 pm

I think Ping-Pong is a goodish prospect but he may also be one of our saleable assets if we're candid. Given the amount he is going to play in the short-term, (and if we're honest it will be rarely) then an offer of around 3-4 million would be very tempting. I know that many on here will find that outrageous, and there are one or two respected posters who really rate the lad but if he isn't going to play, then it must be considered. FWIW ALT is not going to make it and sooner or later all young players with potential must either achieve something or move on. We may not quite be at that stage with Ping-Pong yet but we are approaching it before much longer.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:13 pm

bigmick wrote:I think Ping-Pong is a goodish prospect but he may also be one of our saleable assets if we're candid. Given the amount he is going to play in the short-term, (and if we're honest it will be rarely) then an offer of around 3-4 million would be very tempting. I know that many on here will find that outrageous, and there are one or two respected posters who really rate the lad but if he isn't going to play, then it must be considered. FWIW ALT is not going to make it and sooner or later all young players with potential must either achieve something or move on. We may not quite be at that stage with Ping-Pong yet but we are approaching it before much longer.

Your spot on about young players having to step up and also about ALT, he wont make the grade.
I feel sorry for Sinama though, imo he should be playing more, i respect the manager and whatever side he puts out i know it is meticulously planned in great detail.
I just think Pongolle and Crouch could be a really xciting partnership.
Crouch and Morientes offer similar qualities, Pongolle has pace and a good touch.
I'd be really disappointed if he were to go.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:25 pm

I heard he may go to Wigan on loan till the end of the season, that would be a better option than seeling him surley?
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:28 pm

bigmick wrote:I think Ping-Pong

micks done a pun, you cant sell that kind of humour  :p 

:D   :D , learn from lando and i  :D

all the best mick  :;):
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:01 pm

bigmick wrote:I think Ping-Pong is a goodish prospect but he may also be one of our saleable assets if we're candid. Given the amount he is going to play in the short-term, (and if we're honest it will be rarely) then an offer of around 3-4 million would be very tempting. I know that many on here will find that outrageous, and there are one or two respected posters who really rate the lad but if he isn't going to play, then it must be considered. FWIW ALT is not going to make it and sooner or later all young players with potential must either achieve something or move on. We may not quite be at that stage with Ping-Pong yet but we are approaching it before much longer.

I'd go along with that assessment Mick.

We're a bit thin on bodies for the striking positions so I doubt he'll be allowed to go out on loan, especially with the possibility of Cisse going also.

I won't write the lad off yet, unlike Le Tallec who I don't believe will play for us again, he's a decent player and with a run in the team you never know what he could do.  I'd love to keep him but the lad's coming to the age where he needs to play games to develop, if an offer comes in and he wants to go it would be unfair not to let him.  He's impressed enough for us to command a fee of around 3 mil I'd say, which could be invested in other areas of the team I suppose.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:33 pm

It would be wrong to hold the lad back if another club did come in for him, I just wish Rafa had given Sinama time to stake a claim in the first team. Not as a striker though I had hoped he would of given him more of an opportunity at right midfield.
I think he could be very effective out wide especially in the latter stages of a match and when we are looking for a bit of creativity.He reminds me a fair bit of SWP's full of running ,small tenacious and skillful. I think with the right coaching he could of developed and become acustomed in that position, therefore not playing fith fiddle to the other strikers.
66-1112520797

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion