Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby tubby » Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:13 pm

Its only till the end of this season.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:47 pm

Well he's a far better player than Cisse, anyone with half a brain can see that. The only reason Cisse has scored 15 goals this year is because he has had a good run in the team, whether it be upfront or wide right. Pongolle has never been given such an opportunity.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby taff » Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:17 pm

Good player and enthusiastic.

I reckon we should keep him.
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:21 pm

taff wrote:Good player and enthusiastic.

I reckon we should keep him.

Agreed Taff , but looking at hs statement without regular footy he doesn't want to stay .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby taff » Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:18 pm

I dont blame him in that sense, guess we will have to wait till the summer and see what develops. 

With Cisse being utilised on the right I dont see the sense in getting rid of him as I rate him in that role as well.  The only thing I can see that detracts from him is I dont think he is a out and out goal scorer and thats what we need more than anything else
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:46 pm

He said in the comment that he would leave if Rafa got 2 new strikers. I think if Rafa keeps Fowler then he needs only to buy one striker. I think Rafa will risk Pongo more often next season and im sure that if he gets as many chances as Cisse has had he will find his feet.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ALONSO » Wed May 10, 2006 9:47 pm

PONGOLLE IS ARGUABLY ONE OF THE MOST SKILLFUL PLAYERS WEVE GOT.
ALONSO

Postby LFCFan4Life » Wed May 10, 2006 9:54 pm

He's played at Blackburn and done hardly anything. He's scored two or three goals, but I don't think he's the answer to our problems really.

He's been at the club for three years, how long do we give him? If the right offer is made, he will be off.
You'll Never Walk Alone drummerphil
LFCFan4Life
LFC Super Member

Postby Dundalk » Fri May 12, 2006 12:55 am

LFCFan4Life wrote:He's played at Blackburn and done hardly anything. He's scored two or three goals, but I don't think he's the answer to our problems really.

He's been at the club for three years, how long do we give him? If the right offer is made, he will be off.

Maybe not as a first striker but hes not bad as back up
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri May 12, 2006 2:12 am

Dundalk wrote:
LFCFan4Life wrote:He's played at Blackburn and done hardly anything. He's scored two or three goals, but I don't think he's the answer to our problems really.

Maybe not as a first striker but hes not bad as back up

He says that he want's first team action so he will be no happy camper as a back up. Also he's said that Everton fans are better along those lines. That's a sign that he doesn't want to be here so he can leave.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Espionage » Fri May 12, 2006 3:44 am

FSP is just getting a little too old to be hanging around anymore, he needs first team action.  Rafa confused everyone with the loan move as now no one seems to have any idea where FSP stands (including him).  Was it a move to get him prepared for first or at least semi-first team action or just to push his price up and cash in on him? 
What is he sopossed to be?? He wont be a winger and now we have Kewell and Gonzalez that play wing better than him and argueably the 2nd striker better than him, add Garcia and I dont see where he will get his minutes from. 
Rafa tried the Crouch/FSP partnership, i thourght it was the best that we had at the time but the loan move most likely showed that Rafa didnt see it working as a long term option. As much as I like him, cashing in seems to be the obvious choice as we need funds going towards that new striker or right winger.
Good luck Though :)
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Fri May 12, 2006 1:21 pm

Flo trains with old friends away from FA Cup squad 

Written by Jim Boardman     
Friday, 12 May 2006 

Liverpool’s young reserve striker Florent Sinama-Pongolle has gone back home to France to train with his former club Le Havre at the end of his loan spell at Blackburn. Rather than cause any upset in the first-team camp ahead of tomorrow’s FA Cup final it looks like Pongolle is being kept away.

Flo had been a very slow starter at Anfield, despite his reputation, and many were disappointed to see him go on loan to Blackburn in January. He played an important part in getting Liverpool to tomorrow’s final with his scoring appearance against Luton in the third round, but comments he made before Blackburn’s visit to Goodison made sure he wouldn’t be quite as welcome in making a return to Anfield as he might have liked.

In words that seemed designed to upset Liverpool supporters, especially those who are based in Liverpool itself, Flo claimed there were more blues than Reds in the city. If he’d left Liverpool under a cloud then perhaps there would be some understanding, but at the time he was considered by Reds fans to be due to return for the new season. Then he said this: “I’ve been in this country for three years so I know all about the rivalry between Everton and Liverpool, but everywhere I go in Liverpool, the football fans I meet are all Everton fans. The bigger part of people in Liverpool all support Everton. Liverpool have fans in Europe and everywhere else, that’s why Anfield is always full. But when you go to Goodison, it is just full of Liverpool people. It is all Scousers.”

Some have tried to justify his words by saying his lack of English made them sound differently to what he’d intended. After a few months to put them right not a word of apology has been forthcoming, and it does look like an attempt to engineer a move away from Anfield. Leeds are now one club interested in signing him, although he’s not likely to get the wages he’d like at the former giants of Yorkshire football. *********************************************

i hope he gets a decent move and if the rumours are true that he isnt welcome back. like to wish flo good luck.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Fri May 12, 2006 2:28 pm

Well I like Pongolle as a player. He does have good initial acceleration but fails to get away from players, he has decent technique and awareness, a bit of skill and intelligence. But his finishing is poor, is short and has a light upper body. I wanted to see him giving a run of first team football to see how he developed, he had about 10 games in a row at Blackburn and didn’t do much, but that isn’t a fair refection.

I think that maybe he is little short of being a player capable of playing for a club like Liverpool. There is defiantly more to come from him but not enough to warrant a place at this club, especially with us getting stronger quickly and having a new level of standards.

He needs to go and play first team football somewhere, maybe back in France, he still has time on his side, so if he can prove himself in France over a few years than maybe he can get a move to a big league.

I also think Rafa will sell him.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby -Rafa- » Fri May 12, 2006 2:37 pm

Going to be a great player. But by the looks of it he is going to go, it's a shame because he is a quailty player
-Rafa-

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion