First january signing? - Jan kromkamp

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:23 pm

Holland international Jan Kromkamp will be joining the reds in a swap deal with Josemi going the other way to Villa Real.
Seen him a few times he's a good player.

LIVERPOOL AGREE KROMKAMP DEAL

By John Skilbeck, PA Sport

Dutch international Jan Kromkamp is poised to become Liverpool's first January
signing after terms of an exchange deal were agreed with Spanish side
Villarreal.

The 25-year-old, who is comfortable both in midfield and at right-back, will
move to Anfield as Josemi heads in the opposite direction.

Kromkamp has yet to discuss personal terms, but a statement from his club
tonight announced:  Villarreal have reached an agreement with Liverpool for the
transfer of Dutch defender Jan Kromkamp to the English team and the arrival of
Josemi. The agreement is between the clubs and lacks only the agreement of both
players.

Josemi, 26, was Rafael Benitez's first signing as Liverpool boss when he
arrived from Malaga, but he struggled to break into the first team and has also
been troubled by injury.
Last edited by Ciggy on Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DrTNT » Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:25 pm

i think i saw him the CL a few times. from what i saw he's a decent defender
REST IN PEACE PHIL!
DrTNT

Postby Ciggy » Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:27 pm

DrTNT wrote:i think i saw him the CL a few times. from what i saw he's a decent defender

Yer he played against the bitters and the mancs in the CL so he will be Cup tied, dont matter though.  He's better than Josemi and its not a bad swap TBH a dutch international for Josemi.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby malone » Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:32 pm

dont know much about this dutch player but i still think we should buy daniel alves which we have been linked to today on koptalk.

hes an awesome player and will replace cafu when he retires.
malone

Postby ivor_the_injun » Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:34 pm

Interesting deal - would I be right in thinking that Kromkamp is unhappy in Spain then? Seems strange swapping like-for-like if that's not the case.
ivor_the_injun

Postby A.B. » Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:38 pm

Yeah Ivor, he hasn't broken into Villareal's team (don't know why). I heard that he was supposed to go to Valencia rather than Villareal.

Deal almost done, personal terms need to be agreed.

Dutch international Jan Kromkamp is set to join Liverpool from Villareal in an exchange deal which will see right-back Josemi move in the opposite direction.
The 25-year-old Dutchman, who can play in midfield or defence, will tie up the deal if he agrees personal terms.

Villareal said in a statement: "We have reached an agreement with Liverpool for the transfer of Jan Kromkamp and the arrival of Josemi.

"The agreement is between the clubs and must be agreed by both players."

Kromkamp's arrival at Anfield would effectively be a straight swap for Josemi.

Rafael Benitez made Josemi, 26, his first signing as Liverpool boss in July 2004.

But the Spanish player has struggled to break into the first team after a series of injuries.

Kromkamp is also not a regular at Villareal and has only made six appearances for the senior side this season.
Last edited by A.B. on Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:40 pm

ivor_the_injun wrote:Interesting deal - would I be right in thinking that Kromkamp is unhappy in Spain then? Seems strange swapping like-for-like if that's not the case.

He cant settle in Spain for some reason, Feyenoord, Villa and the mancs have been after him. Villa Real paid 5 million for him in August.
Marco van Basten has made him a regualr for Holland, he's only young and what better teacher could anyone have than Rafa.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:47 pm

He cant settle in Spain for some reason, Feyenoord, Villa and the mancs have been after him. Villa Real paid 5 million for him in August.
Marco van Basten has made him a regualr for Holland, he's only young and what better teacher could anyone have than Rafa.

sounds a good deal.  Jomemi isn;'t worth 5 million....he's hardly worth what we paid.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby teamleader1 » Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:58 pm

It sounds like a good deal - if villareal paid 5mil for him he cant be a mug
I think Rafa will be looking to replace Finnan with a more naturally attacking RB with pace as the team building progresses

Does this feller fit the bill? I cant remember him in the CL
teamleader1

Postby ivor_the_injun » Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:59 pm

Well, assuming it all goes through, I want to wish Josemi all the best. He can definitely play, but as we know the Prem isn't for everyone.

The lad's a Champions League winner, let's not forget. :)
ivor_the_injun

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:06 pm

i think rafa`s that type of shrewd manager, he`ll pick up deals like this and some will work out and some wont. but the thing is like with pellegrino rafa wont have players that dont work out littering the squad like houllier.
i remember when we first got benitez and a spanish journalist was on the telly and said rafa was the type of manager who didnt like getting the big name high profile players and i remember thinking to myself he`s got no chance of turning us around if he doesnt get a couple of big names in.
i didnt think a manager existed on earth that could win us the champions league and turn us into a fluid footballing side with an outside chance of the title within eighteen months. the man is a legend.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby ken_job » Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:17 pm

I totally agree with the 'shrewd manager' comment. Rafa gave Josemi a chance but decided hes not up to it so theres no point hanging around...get him out and get some1 else in to have their shot.
ken_job

Postby mighty mo » Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:35 pm

he will have to really impress rafa if he wants to dislodge the excellent steve finnan,but i suppose it's keeps finann on his toes and healthy competition for places is healthy for the team in the whole
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kid a » Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:05 pm

I've seen him at Villarreal. He's started off fairly well the first couple of games, but then wasn't so hot and got dropped from the first team. Hasn't featured much since. I read a few days ago that he was asking to be loaned out actually, who knew we were interested!! To be honest, Finann is a better all-around defender. He's reliable. Kromkamp is better going forward and what not, though. Anyway, I think this is a good bit of business for us. Very good indeed.
Kid a

Postby A.B. » Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:15 pm

I found out that he can play in the midfield and as a centerback. He obviously posses versatility, provides cover for various positions then.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion