First january signing? - Jan kromkamp

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Igor Zidane » Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:23 pm

drummerphil wrote:i stand corrected and feel a complete tool now.........blame these tablets i'm on...........I WILL.....

What a :censored: nob i am............hes still a donkey anyway.

agreed :laugh:  :laugh:
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:24 pm

about josemi being a donkey not you being a tool phil
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:26 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:about josemi being a donkey not you being a tool phil

no i am a tool getting those pair mixed up
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mighty mo » Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:27 pm

looks like rafa has pulled a gem ,and hasn't even spent any money on him,well done rafa
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:32 pm

I hope this player is gonna be good, has anyone got and stats on him for example age and hieght
n stuff
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:35 pm

Height: don't know

He's a big player, so he won't have problems with the physical side of the Premiership.

Players need to agree to personal terms, so deal is not quite done yet.
Last edited by A.B. on Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:34 pm

Kromkamp has agreed to personal terms.

Kromkamp's agreed personal terms

Liverpool Football Club has today agreed personal terms with Jan Kromkamp and expect his proposed transfer from Villarreal to be finalised next week.
The Dutch full-back is set to become Rafael Benitez's first signing of the New Year in a deal that will see Josemi moving in the opposite direction.

Club spokesman Ian Cotton says: "In principle we have reached an agreement and hope the transfer can be concluded next week."

Now Josemi needs to agree to personal terms with Villareal.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby banana » Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:48 pm

Dudeks No.1 Fan wrote:I hope this player is gonna be good, has anyone got and stats on him for example age and hieght
n stuff

Don't know his exact height and weight. But I know he is a strong player with pace and power. He likes to go forward and he is hard working and can provide cover at different positions.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby JC_81 » Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:21 pm

Don't know much about Kromkamp to be honest, but all I can say is that he can't really be any worse than Josemi.  After a decent start Josemi faded badly, his commitment was never in question, but his positional play and decision making were simply not good enough which made him a liability in all honesty.

Can't see Kromkamp being much more than backup initially though, Finnan has the right back position pretty well sewn up at the moment and along with Carra has been probably our most consistent player over the last calendar year. 

Benitez has described Kromkamp as an attacking full back who can also operate at wingback.  He is 25 and recently broken into the Dutch side.  Sounds a good deal on paper and I hope it goes through, lets hope it works out.  And good l :censored: to Josemi who always gave 110%, just wasn't good enough.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:27 pm

In truth Kromkamp wouldn't have to be any kind of superhero to be a good swap for Josemi. The little Spaniard was at the stage where Rafa had him down for the smallest of bit-part roles so if the new bloke can at the very least challenge Finnan and occasionally play right midfield (but he's not a winger!!! yes, I know. That's why I said right midfield) then it's got to be worth it.
I must lay off the beer, keep getting these voices inside my head.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:32 pm

What I also like about this deal is that once again Benitez isn't afraid to admit he made a mistake in the transfer market.  By half way through last season we all knew that neither Nunez or Josemi were going to be any more than poor squad players.  Now both of these players have been moved on without making any sort of loss on them in transfer fees within 18 months of them signing.

No manager gets it right all the time with transfers, but our last manager was particularly stubborn about the players he bought, showing blind faith in some who were clearly not good enough.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Fri Dec 30, 2005 9:17 pm

This is a good deal as he cost them 5m and were basically getting him for half price if you consider we paid 2M for Josemi. I have a feeling this ones gonna be a bargin. I mean hes a full international
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Fri Dec 30, 2005 9:24 pm

john craig wrote:What I also like about this deal is that once again Benitez isn't afraid to admit he made a mistake in the transfer market.  By half way through last season we all knew that neither Nunez or Josemi were going to be any more than poor squad players.  Now both of these players have been moved on without making any sort of loss on them in transfer fees within 18 months of them signing.

No manager gets it right all the time with transfers, but our last manager was particularly stubborn about the players he bought, showing blind faith in some who were clearly not good enough.

As usual John is on the money here. There's no point whatsoever in the squad being clogged up with failed signings.
To answer Bav's point, it seems to me that at this stage the swap is only on a loan basis. It doesn't necessarily mean that Villareal value Josemi at the same level as they do Kronkamp or whatever his name is. It doesn't mean, for instance, that we won't still have to top the deal up with a couple of million quid come the end of the season.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lionheart » Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:33 pm

Josemi has agreed to a 4.5 year deal with Villareal.

Done Deal

The deal is done. We have ourselves a new utility defender/midfielder...

We march on...!!!   :buttrock

[url=http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img]http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img[/url]
Lionheart
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Dec 31, 2005 3:50 am

Daniel Agger has turned down a new contract at Brondby, he only has 18 months left. Bronby refused to sell him last season but may want to now because he doesn't want to extend his contract.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion